KC vs Chargers

Hebert19

Just now, Real McCoy said:

All these playoff scenarios are killing me. Just win! Until we win tomorrow nothing matters. Tyrod as our starter alone make that a 50/50 propaganda. 

If that.. but ALL these scenarios depend on the Bills being 9-7 at the end. That's a given. It's more interesting than not watching or following any games, then going on NFL.com at 4 pm Jan 31st 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If that.. but ALL these scenarios depend on the Bills being 9-7 at the end. That's a given. It's more interesting than not watching or following any games, then going on NFL.com at 4 pm Jan 31st 

Agreed, but seen this story a 1000 TIMES NOW.  There is actually a chance we win the division still if we win out and the Pats lose out. JUST WIN! all that matters is what Buffalo does right now.

It's cool though for once it's pretty much a 3 game season right now. 

JUST WIN BABY!!!!!!

Edited by Real McCoy

56 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Rivers rules and will wear a gold jacket one day.  

Enjoy “winning” some argument.    

Only 337 tds for ole Phil ??

Gold jacket? 

If some are willing to debate whether two-time super bowl MVP eli manning is worthy of the HOF, there is absolutely no debate about Rivers:  hes not. 

1 hour ago, MDH said:

It's odd, but the Bills would prefer the Titans lose 2 of the next 3, but not all 3. Granted, if the Chargers lose another one then it doesn't matter but if not the Bills need a 3 way tie to beat the Chargers in a tiebreaker.

If the titans lose all 3 then ravens and chargers would have to go 5-0 rest of season for that to happen. 

Better to hope for a titans loss whenever we get the chance. Odds are those two teams drop 1 of those 5 games.

Cool fact is if they win 4 out of 5 and the titans lose out, then buffalo could get the 5th seed :)

Wacky scenarios. Gotta get it done with Miami and put up a fight in NE

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

All these playoff scenarios are killing me. Just win! Until we win tomorrow nothing matters. Tyrod as our starter alone makes that a 50/50 propaganda. 

is Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde going to show up at QB?

I would argue any QB we’ve fielded in the last 20 years makes it “a 50/50 propaganda”.

The topic of Rivers making the HOF came up, briefly, recently when John Clayton did his weekly segment with Schopp & Bulldog.

He seemed to suggest that Rivers is HOF material but b/c he has no Superbowl wins or appearances, he likely doesn't go in.

For what that is worth; John is on the HOF voting committee so his opinion counts for something.

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

All these playoff scenarios are killing me. Just win! Until we win tomorrow nothing matters. Tyrod as our starter alone makes that a 50/50 propaganda. 

is Dr Jekyll or Mr Hyde going to show up at QB?

A "50/50 propaganda?"

What does that even mean? I'm guessing by the context it means "chance," but even this I disagree lol. Tyrod has been pretty good against Miami in the past, but seeing how he's played so far against divisional opponents I'm not thrilled at the prospect (oh wait, did you mean "prospect" earlier?) of that happening. He hasn't been "bad" exactly, just super mediocre. 

He's averaging a 191 yards a game, 4 TD's & 3 turnovers (2 interceptions & 1 fumble) in 3 games, and taking 4 sacks a game on average. That 1.3 TD per game avg. MAY be good enough to help us beat Miami if we don't turn the ball over, and the defense plays lights out, but if they play anything like they did against the Patriots last week we're probably boned. 

Let's just hope Benjamin is healthy (and stays healthy) and maybe gets a few targets, and that the O-line can open up holes for Shady. I trust in him to make the necessary plays once he gets past the LoS, but too often our line just the opponent right through to hit him in the backfield before he even has a chance.

14 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

A "50/50 propaganda?"

What does that even mean? I'm guessing by the context it means "chance," but even this I disagree lol. Tyrod has been pretty good against Miami in the past, but seeing how he's played so far against divisional opponents I'm not thrilled at the prospect (oh wait, did you mean "prospect" earlier?) of that happening. He hasn't been "bad" exactly, just super mediocre. 

He's averaging a 191 yards a game, 4 TD's & 3 turnovers (2 interceptions & 1 fumble) in 3 games, and taking 4 sacks a game on average. That 1.3 TD per game avg. MAY be good enough to help us beat Miami if we don't turn the ball over, and the defense plays lights out, but if they play anything like they did against the Patriots last week we're probably boned. 

Let's just hope Benjamin is healthy (and stays healthy) and maybe gets a few targets, and that the O-line can open up holes for Shady. I trust in him to make the necessary plays once he gets past the LoS, but too often our line just the opponent right through to hit him in the backfield before he even has a chance.

For all intensive purposes, the term "propaganda" means "proposition."

;)

With this result, Buffalo now needs a 3-way tie at 9-7 to get in. 

A New England loss to Pittsburgh today would likely be good for the Bills as it theoretically keeps a top 2 seed in play for the Jaguars, as both teams could then go 12-4 at best. That would mean the game against the Titans is still very important to Marrone and co. I don't know which tiebreaker they win, but the ESPN playoff machine has Jacksonville as the #2 and New England as the #3 if both teams go 12-4.

The Titans going 8-8 is bad for Buffalo now unless the Ravens somehow drop one to the Colts, Browns, or Bengals. I don't think the Ravens are a very good team, but those 3 teams are pretty bad. Assuming the Chargers also get to 9-7, you need a third team in the mix. That would move the tiebreaker to the conference record, which eliminates the Chargers, and the Bills seem to have the edge in strength of schedule and strength of victory over the Ravens and Titans at the moment.

How does this loss impact a 3-0 finish by the Bills and a 0-3 finish by the Pats?

Edit:  I'm being serious...  Since we're playing the hypothetical game, what's he implications of the Pats being 10-6 to finish the year?  Are they in or out?

Edited by Corp000085

34 minutes ago, Corp000085 said:

How does this loss impact a 3-0 finish by the Bills and a 0-3 finish by the Pats?

Edit:  I'm being serious...  Since we're playing the hypothetical game, what's he implications of the Pats being 10-6 to finish the year?  Are they in or out?

They would be in, as a wild card team.  Buffalo would win the division based on division record (4-2 vs 3-3). Buffalo would also have the head-to-head tiebreaker over a 10-6 Chiefs team, which would make them the #3 seed.

Edited by JM57

7 minutes ago, Bills13131313 said:

is it fair to say we want the titans to most likely win today due to the fact they play the rams and jags last 2 weeks?

Yes. If Titans lose today then we are gonna be rooting for them to beat Rams. And if they beat the Rams and 49ers we gotta hope Ravens lose to Colts or Bengals.

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

With this result, Buffalo now needs a 3-way tie at 9-7 to get in. 

A New England loss to Pittsburgh today would likely be good for the Bills as it theoretically keeps a top 2 seed in play for the Jaguars, as both teams could then go 12-4 at best. That would mean the game against the Titans is still very important to Marrone and co. I don't know which tiebreaker they win, but the ESPN playoff machine has Jacksonville as the #2 and New England as the #3 if both teams go 12-4.

The Titans going 8-8 is bad for Buffalo now unless the Ravens somehow drop one to the Colts, Browns, or Bengals. I don't think the Ravens are a very good team, but those 3 teams are pretty bad. Assuming the Chargers also get to 9-7, you need a third team in the mix. That would move the tiebreaker to the conference record, which eliminates the Chargers, and the Bills seem to have the edge in strength of schedule and strength of victory over the Ravens and Titans at the moment.

I think Pats winning(assuming Pats do not lose out) is good for the Bills, as Steelers fall to 4 losses and Jacksonville has head to head over the Steelers, almost insuring they play hard last week!!!

. But the Pats go to 4 losses...huh my head hurts.

Bills just need to friggen win today, figure out the rest later

Edited by plenzmd1

14 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Yes. If Titans lose today then we are gonna be rooting for them to beat Rams. And if they beat the Rams and 49ers we gotta hope Ravens lose to Colts or Bengals.

Why not just root for the titans to lose all three?

You all are making this too complicated. Right now it's a two way tie with Baltimore and we have the edge for the last spot. Just win, and we're in!

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

No, we want the Titans to lose whenever possible. I know it "feels" better, but the odds of the Titans losing all three, and both Baltimore and the Chargers winning all 5 of their games is a lot more unlikely than the Titans dropping all three, and the Ravens/Chargers dropping just one.

Scenario 1:

Bills win out - 10-6

Help needed: Titans or Ravens to drop one game (Ravens must drop Bengals or Colts)

Scenario 2:

Bills win 2 of 3 - 9-7

Help needed option 1:

Ravens to go 1-2 

Chargers need to go 1-1 or 0-2

OR

Chargers go 2-0, then Titans need to drop 2 games (One has to be vs Jaguars)

Help needed option 2:

Titans to go 0-3

Ravens or Chargers need to drop just one of 4 games (any game except Ravens vs Browns)

Help needed option 3:

Titans to go 1-2

Ravens need to drop one to colts or Bengals

OR

Titans win is not against Jaguars

Chargers are irrelevant.

Help needed option 4:

Titans to go 2-1 or 3-0

We would need Ravens to lose 1 game (Colts or Bengals)

Chargers are irrelevant

So as you can see - there are options at every variation of the Titans winning/losing. So ultimately it is better to root for the Titans to lose at every turn until it becomes more clear.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Why not just root for the titans to lose all three?

You all are making this too complicated. Right now it's a two way tie with Baltimore and we have the edge for the last spot. Just win, and we're in!

Because the Bills would benefit from a 3 way tie involving LAC, TEN. They would not benefit from a two way tie with LAC, and the Bills aren't going to beat the Patriots. So the best they will realistically finish is 9-7. One can hope for the Bills to win out, but it's not happening. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Bills aren't going to beat the Patriots. . 

Glad so many people seem to already know the outcome of this game. Do you even watch then, or do you save your time and be productive with something else next Sunday?

I love going into every game thinking we're going to get the W. Sure, you have to think some games are tougher than others, but I'm never going to tune into kickoff assuming we're going to lose. That sounds like a horrible way to be a fan. I wouldn't even get excited for games.

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

Glad so many people seem to already know the outcome of this game. Do you even watch then, or do you save your time and be productive with something else next Sunday?

I love going into every game thinking we're going to get the W. Sure, you have to think some games are tougher than others, but I'm never going to tune into kickoff assuming we're going to lose. That sounds like a horrible way to be a fan. I wouldn't even get excited for games.

I am not planning on us winning, but if the :censored: Dolphins can beat them, then so can we. Of course they seem to have our number so the outlook is poor, but there's a reason why they play the games! Let's beat the Dolphins first though.

7 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

I almost never watch Bills vs Pats games anymore. It's probably a defense mechanism, but there is only so much frustration a fan can take. One look at the record vs New England in the Brady era tells you it's the closest thing to a sure loss in the NFL. So I pick a more interesting game and just scoreboard watch. To each their own. 

4 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I am not planning on us winning, but if the :censored: Dolphins can beat them, then so can we. Of course they seem to have our number so the outlook is poor, but there's a reason why they play the games! Let's beat the Dolphins first though.

If we win today, I would think people have to change their tune and get super excited for the game next week, and almost expect these guys to pull out a victory in NE. Unfortunately, I know a lot of the "fans" here will not, and will still expect a loss. Again, just not sure how so many go into kickoff each week with that attitude.

Win and we're in, so you are right. Beat the Dolphins today and let's see what happens the rest of the way!

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

I almost never watch Bills vs Pats games anymore. It's probably a defense mechanism, but there is only so much frustration a fan can take. One look at the record vs New England in the Brady era tells you it's the closest thing to a sure loss in the NFL. So I pick a more interesting game and just scoreboard watch. To each their own. 

To each their own, is correct. Skipping out on watching a game and just checking in on the score probably works pretty well for bandwagon and fair weather fans. Enjoy the scoreboard watching next week.

2 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

If we win today, I would think people have to change their tune and get super excited for the game next week, and almost expect these guys to pull out a victory in NE. Unfortunately, I know a lot of the "fans" here will not, and will still expect a loss.

..... God bless you, my man.

24 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don't believe this post. It's easy to type it but you are watching that game next week. Don't lie to us like that.

5 minutes ago, DisplacedBillsFan said:

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts...

same as the scenarios most are looking for to get in.

as all know, bottom line is you win games during the season, not look for others to lose with 3 games left so you have that 1.3% chance to squeak in.

should of, could of but didn't.

a loss today their toast, burnt toast.