Why isn’t gronk getting enough credit for apologizing?

The juice

14 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Of course he apologizes.  You come off better when the league considers a suspension.  Who really needs to apologize is the NFL for the failures to throw flags on Gilmore for interfering and holding throughout the game.  The refs made those calls when he played for the Bills.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Gilmore had pretty smothering borderline coverage on Zay Jones and the other Bills esp during that Peterman drive into the red zone. If he had done that on the Pats just last year he would have been flagged multiple times.

Ive seen a bar fight where one guy knocked the guy out and then elbowed him in the neck and ran out of the bar. We went to that bar again 2 months later and the same guy was in a wheelchair playing pool. The thing is both these guys were around 165 lbs. You take a 6'7 265 lb guy with a device on his arm that looks like a club and come down on another guy's neck that is not ready for it and you could potentially kill that person. The media and Patriots organization will try and make it seem like it wasn't really that bad but it was.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

His reaction shows that the apology was self-serving and not really sincere.

The "Patriot Way"

Right on man, it is like someone just ran over your kid on purpose and you are suppose to be alright about it because they said they were sorry for it. Tried to kill him but hey he said  sorry let it go..SMH

Edited by xRUSHx

25 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

It's a terrible, partisan article.

It's great that Gronk apologizes.  It would have been better if he hadn't made the cheap hit in the first place.

Some apology.

"I'm sorry for the dirty hit on #27. If he hadn't been pulling my jersey on that play, even after I pushed off first, and if the referees weren't throwing so many flags on me for legitimate offensive pass interference penalties.....I wouldn't have done it."

Edited by Mark Vader

Who did he apologize to, the boston media?

We may never see playoffs again but one thing we will see sooner

rather than later is the end of the pats dynasty.

I will savor the moment this comes to pass.

Sick of that organization.

Edited by Albwan

32 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Right on man, it is like someone just ran over your kid on purpose and you are suppose to be alright about it because they said they were sorry for it. Tried to kill him but hey he said  sorry let it go..SMH

More like he apologizes and then goes on to say how it was your kids fault for being around your car....

Just now, hondo in seattle said:

Belicheck apologized to McD.

"I understand," Belichick said to McDermott. "It was bull ****. I'm sorry. I apologize."

http://www.rollingstone.com/sports/news/gronkowski-hit-belichick-apologizes-for-patriots-dirty-play-w513150

Words mean nothing, if he really thought it was bad the team should suspend him whether or not the league does too. Show that they really think it's unacceptable. Problem is it they would probably do it but only cause it rests him up for the playoffs and would allow him time to heal from any nagging injuries

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Hammer him cleanly every chance you get but don't take a cheap shot

Yeah, cause then atleastvthe Bills can hold their head high knowing they didn't stoop to their level while watching them go on to another Superbowl from their coach.

It's like telling your kids just to walk away from a bully who pushes you around, or hurt them with kindness. It always works....

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Soft TGT Knees. You want to stop cheap shots on you grow some Balls fight back

Fight back for sure. But not cheap shot back. 

I grew up a hockey player and fan and if someone takes a cheap shot on you or your teammates, you drop the gloves and fight like men. But you don't slash his hands off or go head hunting.

Obviously football is a bit different and you can't fight without getting ejected, so the next best thing is to hit him hard and often every chance you get

4 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Two wrongs don't make a right. Hammer him cleanly every chance you get but don't take a cheap shot

Let me ask you anyone cheapshot Miami or Bengals?  Or too scared of what Su and Burfict will do?

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Yeah, cause then atleastvthe Bills can hold their head high knowing they didn't stoop to their level while watching them go on to another Superbowl from their coach.

It's like telling your kids just to walk away from a bully who pushes you around, or hurt them with kindness. It always works....

Not at all what I'm saying buddy. You push or fight the bully back. You don't get a baseball bat and hit him in the head...

Just now, billsfan11 said:

I grew up a hockey player and fan and if someone takes a cheap shot on you or your teammates, you drop the gloves and fight like men. But you don't slash his hands off or go head hunting.

Obviously football is a bit different and you can't fight without getting ejected, so the next best thing is to hit him hard and often every chance you get

Soft and ooo by the way TGT knees is perfectly legal in NFL

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

Buffalo Sport players soft as a napkin since the 90s. They just get bullied and have zero spine to standup to it

must be the DNA 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Soft and ooo by the way TGT knees is perfectly legal in NFL

I'm not sure how that is soft. Targeting knees to make a tackle is legal correct. But I'm assuming you're talking about targeting knees to try to deliberately injure him. Correct me if I'm wrong of course