“Tyrod is our starter.”

McBean

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don’t care if Tyrod throws every pass straight into the hands of a defender next week. Let Peterman learn from the bench. I’ve liked Peterman since before we drafted him but I would like the Bills just once to develop a QB properly.

Dak, Wentz and Goff learned on the job.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don’t care if Tyrod throws every pass straight into the hands of a defender next week. Let Peterman learn from the bench. I’ve liked Peterman since before we drafted him but I would like the Bills just once to develop a QB properly.

Sitting the on the bench doesn’t mean you are developing the right way. Often times, the best way to learn is by doing and making mistakes or having success. 

If McDoomed has any sense at all, he'll make Peterman the starter by tomorrow morning... let's not wait till Thursday to break TT's heart... Do it now, and let Deuce practice with the starters for the week..

Edited by #34fan
whoops.

I think that comes under the heading of "coach speak."  It may be true for the moment, but if Tyrod continues to poop his pants, Peterman earned himself some more late game reps.  If Tyrod continues to play like he did today, it looks like a matter of time before he plays himself out of a starting gig.

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Whats wrong with playing?

I think thats the best way to learn.

Get some film and coach him.

Let's not overreact to 1 bad game from Tyrod when the entire team played like hot garbage. 

when has tyrod ever really had a great game? His best game as a passer came last year against the Dolphins in a loss where he finally threw for more than 300 yards which was the only time in his career.

The dude is a terrible QB that can win some games making some plays and relying on his D and running game to go out and win games. They have won in spite of Tyrod not because of him. 

6 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Peterman is a 5th round pick that looked good in preseason (against 2nd/3rd stringers) and looked good in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss (against 3rd stringers playing loose coverage). 

Let's not overreact to 1 bad game from Tyrod when the entire team played like hot garbage. 

Tyrod has had 3 or 4 stinkers this year 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So u don't care if TT throws interceptions on every pass he throws next week and you expect Peterman to learn from that. Got it.

F TT... Take that bum out the starting offense. His throws and movement in the pocket look like he's in practice. Has no excitement in his throws. Peterman at least knows how to plant his feet and release the damn ball before the pocket collapses.

Totally disagree with your point. Peterman isn't going to "learn" anything more on the sidelines the rest of this year which he hasn't already. He's as ready as he ever will be as a rookie. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Not for long. Once you start answering those questions it's only a matter of time.

The questions McD should be answering is why is the offense so inept; and it is more than just this game.  IMO, the offense is responsible for the Carolina and Cincy losses.

Also, why the poor tackling and getting gashed by the RBs the last two games.

4 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

when has tyrod ever really had a great game? His best game as a passer came last year against the Dolphins in a loss where he finally threw for more than 300 yards which was the only time in his career.

The dude is a terrible QB that can win some games making some plays and relying on his D and running game to go out and win games. They have won in spite of Tyrod not because of him. 

It's not an overreaction. It's more of a, ok we're officially done with him and wanna see something else in Peterman mindset. 

6 minutes ago, PeterGriffin said:

Yup, any QB anywhere could go 9/17 58 yards and yes I think Peterman would have been better.

Don't you dare give him 2 free yards. He don't deserve it. It was 56 yards my friend...

11 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Peterman is a 5th round pick that looked good in preseason (against 2nd/3rd stringers) and looked good in the 4th quarter of a blowout loss (against 3rd stringers playing loose coverage). 

And yet there have been alot of these types of games from Taylor 

7 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

What games have the Bills won this year in spite of Tyrod's play? 

Tyrod is what he is. He's a slightly above average QB that limits turnovers. He's never going to be able to carry a team to victory (with how the DEF played today I doubt there's a QB in NFL history that could've won this game). 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Kelvin Benjamin: Damn

He must be texting his agent to get him the f*** out of here asap.

39 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

No way t\do they switch when the Bills are in the playoff hunt in a bad AFC

If they aren't looking to make changes when they look worse and worse every week and are coming off a historic a$$ whipping at home, then something is wrong and they won't be in the playoff hunt for much longer.

• Like (+1) 1

I don't think benching TT is overreacting

Why not evaluate our rookie?

Maybe NP is the answer at QB but if he doesn't get to play we never know.

This season has started to spiral downward lets try something new.. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

It's not an overreaction. It's more of a, ok we're officially done with him and wanna see something else in Peterman mindset. 

Don't you dare give him 2 free yards. He don't deserve it. It was 56 yards my friend...

:D my bad

Just now, JMF2006 said:

I don't think benching TT is overreacting

Why not evaluate our rookie?

Maybe NP is the answer at QB but if he doesn't get to play we never know.

This season has started to spiral downward lets try something new.. 

Because we're in a wild-card spot and TT gives us the best chance to win? 

This is an entirely different discussion if we're 3-6 or worse 

52 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Tyrod is what he is. He's a slightly above average QB that limits turnovers. He's never going to be able to carry a team to victory (with how the DEF played today I doubt there's a QB in NFL history that could've won this game).

No he really isn't a slighty above avg qb. He is a terrible QB. He is a great athlete that under the right system can help a team win some games. He was in an almost perfect situation the last two years with the type of offense the Bills tried to run but still couldn't get it done. Now we are trying to watch him be a QB and it shows, he is awful.

This guy is one of the worst QBs I've ever seen trying to get through NFL progressions, setting his feet and throwing on time or throwing to people before the receiver makes a break. If his first read isn't wide open he just pats the ball and then waits to run around. He holds the ball longer than any QB in the league because he's not a real QB. His only good plays are just him playing backyard football and making plays outside the pocket but that's about it. 

Edited by Rocbillsfan1
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Well at 5-4 they could be toast in 2 more weeks.

Wouldn't it be better to have a look at NP with something on the line?

1 minute ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Does he he give us the best chance of winning though? The conservative, lets just not turn the ball over, offense only helps win if the D is fairly dominant. With a D that can’t stop anybody you need a QB who can throw with anticipation to tight spots and keep the chains moving.

Checking down repeatedly because nobody is college wife open just doesn’t get the job done. I’ll take a turnover or two more with an offense that can actually move the ball on a consistent basis.

lets not forget that Benjamin is going to be a complete waste of a talented player because TT refuses to throw it up and trust his guy. Just check out what Brees didnwith Thomas today, that’s what the Bills should be doing with KB.

5 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I would agree with this. If the season spirals out of control let Peterman take over to see what happens. If the passing offense looks that bad another game or 2 in a row, why not?

Just now, papazoid said:

McD will not go to Peterman until mathematically eliminated 

Not going to be too many more games before that happens.

8 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Because we're in a wild-card spot and TT gives us the best chance to win

How can you honestly believe this. It's mind boggling. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

As evidenced by 3 points and 56 yards passing through 3 1/2 quarters of putrid football.

7 points before the prevent last week and 3 points this week.   

For added clarity. 

5 minutes ago, papazoid said:

McD will not go to Peterman until mathematically eliminated 

Which is kind of sad. 

13 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

TT is a known quantity. Our 5th round rookie QB is not. I don't put much stock in preseason or playing 2 series at the tail end of a historic blowout loss. 

Yeah we know he sucks thats the known quantity.

I was willing to give him a chance but he has turned into Captain Checkdown it must be the number five or something :(

12 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Im ready for whatever at QB

Is that gonna fix our defense?  Because they got RAN OVER today.

Maybe if the Bills get more than 5 first downs with the game on the line our D gets off the field for a rest TOP was really lopsided.

18 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

TT is a known quantity. Our 5th round rookie QB is not. I don't put much stock in preseason or playing 2 series at the tail end of a historic blowout loss. 

Yup, you are right. D coordinators know how to shut him down alright. He's not hard to figure out and what round was he drafted in? The 6th! So please, enough with 5th round rookie crap. Peterman is better than Tyrod, sorry you can't see or just don't want to admit that. 56 yards passing today, 56, it's had to be that inept.

Edited by PeterGriffin

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Yeah we know he sucks thats the known quantity.

I was willing to give him a chance but he has turned into Captain Checkdown it must be the number five or something :(

Maybe if the Bills get more than 5 first downs with the game on the line our D gets off the field for a rest TOP was really lopsided.

Im not going to defend TT's play today....but the TOP was lopsided because our D couldnt stop the saints......and they were literally walking in for touchdowns.

Our team is not biult to win shootouts a

1 minute ago, John from Hemet said:

Im not going to defend TT's play today....but the TOP was lopsided because our D couldnt stop the saints......and they were literally walking in for touchdowns.

Our team is not biult to win shootouts a

This, sure did seem to miss 99 today. Saints had some huge holes up the gut to run through.