Report: Huge Problem Brewing between Irsay and Luck

8 minutes ago, DC Greg said:

Honestly I'm surprised a torn labrum has been this tough for him. That injury is only bad because they have to cut through the rotator cuff to fix the labrum, so that has to heal too. That surgery, especially with the doctors available to NFL stars, is not like a knee or something that could give a lot of lingering problems down the road. I would expect luck to bounce back fine from it. Surprised it's take this long, but it shouldn't be a problem next year.

You're right that its not like a knee injury because your knee only moves in one plane of motion.  The shoulder is the most flexible joint in the body.  Shoulder rehabs suck. 

44 minutes ago, Foxx said:

mostly agreed. we cannot trade all of those picks though, we need some to beef up the O-Line to protect Luck should a deal come through.

one thing i will say is that franchise qb's are traded, though it does not happen often. does Brissett make it more likely?

neckbeards, ftw!

Yeah I didn't mean all the picks, but I would imagine it takes a 1st-2nd-3rd, or 2 1st's. Maybe Tyrod and a 1st and 3rd.

Given his lack of availability though, I don't see Beane rolling the dice on that one. Stakes are too high, but I guess it depends on how McD and Beane see Tyrod.

It is one of the worst surgeries a pitcher could have. 

Shoulders bad. 

Generally a very long rehab and returning to past velocity and command is not a certainty.

QBs don't throw the football as much as pitchers throw a baseball, or with the consistent explosion, but I'd still tread very carefully here.

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

we have an awful lot of draft picks.

jus' saying......

Yep, let's trade all our picks for a QB who (1) has a mysterious injury to his throwing shoulder that could be career-threatening; (2) has been injury-prone throughout his NFL career; (3) has played well at times, but has generally failed to live up to his absurd draft hype; (4) has been a turnover machine; and (5) carries a franchise-crippling contract.  Where do we sign up?     

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I'll take a pass on Luck. I don't think he is all that people think he is. He has struggled even with decent support around him. Add on the shoulder, and i say no thanks. 

He hasn't had an offensive line or running game at all.  The Colts have done a very, very poor job giving him support....including the defense.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Play again in general or for the Colts?  I would be really surprised if this is career threatening.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BigPappy said:

I'll take a pass on Luck. I don't think he is all that people think he is. He has struggled even with decent support around him. Add on the shoulder, and i say no thanks. 

If by struggled you mean carry a subpar team to two playoff appearances, sign me up.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He hasn't had an offensive line or running game at all.  The Colts have done a very, very poor job giving him support....including the defense.

Play again in general or for the Colts?  I would be really surprised if this is career threatening.  

According to donohue (he also had the source on Luck to IR, he’s on the flagship station 1070 AM in Indy) he means play in the NFL at all.

13 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep, let's trade all our picks for a QB who (1) has a mysterious injury to his throwing shoulder that could be career-threatening; (2) has been injury-prone throughout his NFL career; (3) has played well at times, but has generally failed to live up to his absurd draft hype; (4) has been a turnover machine; and (5) carries a franchise-crippling contract.  Where do we sign up?     

Now let’s not toss water on the demons that this franchise has failed to rid itself of since Kelly left the field of play.  After all, retread QB’s with significant questions have served us so well over this time period.