Report: Huge Problem Brewing between Irsay and Luck

Luck was considered the next once every 10-15 year QB prospect when he came into the NFL but quite frankly he hasn't lived up to that mostly due to injuries that derailed 2 of the last 3 seasons  and having total crap around him.

Obviously he's a franchise QB and certainly not questioning that, but still not sure I would pursue him if I will the Bills and the Colts still have all the leverage and would be asking for a ton in return if trading him is truly on their radar.

23 minutes ago, mannc said:

Yep, let's trade all our picks for a QB who (1) has a mysterious injury to his throwing shoulder that could be career-threatening; (2) has been injury-prone throughout his NFL career; (3) has played well at times, but has generally failed to live up to his absurd draft hype; (4) has been a turnover machine; and (5) carries a franchise-crippling contract.  Where do we sign up?     

are you a Tyrod guy?

Luck has always been overrated to me anyway. He's had a lot of times where he just hasn't played well and put up a lot of garbage time stats. He also for years, played in probably the worst division in football which combined with the garbage time stats, I think has inflated his stats. 

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

we have an awful lot of draft picks.

jus' saying......

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We do....we very much do.

YES YES LET'S DO THIS!!!

2 hours ago, JPP said:

Only concern i would have is his shoulder......he was supposed to be ready when the season started but must be some setback to be put on IR now.....shoulder surgery/injuries are tricky......dont really know if he will ever be 100% in his throwing arm......we dont know how bad it really is.....just saying

Very True. Maybe we can get him for a 1st rounder. KC's pick?

Living in Indy I've had the opportunity to watch Luck fairly often.  The guy is the real deal.  He's had no choice but to be aggressive and take chances because he's been the only guy on the offense that was worth anything most of his career (well, maybe TY Hilton).  If he's healthy (and that's a big if), you would have to seriously go after him.  GUys like him don't come often.

As for Irsay, well let's just say word on the street is he's very eccentric... 

Just now, CanadianFan said:

YES YES LET'S DO THIS!!!

Very True. Maybe we can get him for a 1st rounder. KC's pick?

I would be happy as a pig in mud if the bills miraculously pulled something like this off.....Im just saying would be cautious before unloading a good chunk of the arm only because of the unknown part of his injury.....but a 1st rounder for luck i would do.......we would have to load up on the oline to protect him in a huge way........I cant believe the colts would allow their QB get man the way he has over the last couple of seasons....

• Like (+1) 1

Definitely worth investigating and seeing what the Colt's interest would be in trading Luck. As long as the Bills do their due diligence and the doctor's sign off on that shoulder would be willing to give up a bunch of picks to make that trade. My only hope is that he is not damaged goods now as there is no way a team would be willing to trade away a Franchise QB but the Colts have been pretty dumb with personnel decisions and the owner is a nutcase. I just can't see anything coming from this though.

Edited by billieve420

31 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Luck was considered the next once every 10-15 year QB prospect when he came into the NFL but quite frankly he hasn't lived up to that mostly due to injuries that derailed 2 of the last 3 seasons  and having total crap around him.

Obviously he's a franchise QB and certainly not questioning that, but still not sure I would pursue him if I will the Bills and the Colts still have all the leverage and would be asking for a ton in return if trading him is truly on their radar.

I don't think it has anything to do with injuries, I just think he is overrated. You can't really talk about supporting cast either. Real franchise QBs make the cast around him better like Rodgers, Brady, Peyton when he played. Luck isn't that type of player in my opinion

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with injuries, I just think he is overrated. You can't really talk about supporting cast either. Real franchise QBs make the cast around him better like Rodgers, Brady, Peyton when he played. Luck isn't that type of player in my opinion

If you put a healthy Luck backed up by this defense and with the weapons we are about to put on the field this is easily a playoff team

I am trying to remember if they have EVER backed up Luck with a D that would get him the ball

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

According to donohue (he also had the source on Luck to IR, he’s on the flagship station 1070 AM in Indy) he means play in the NFL at all.

Wow that would be tragic. On the other hand, we are about to gain an awesome architect!

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JPP said:

I would be happy as a pig in mud if the bills miraculously pulled something like this off.....Im just saying would be cautious before unloading a good chunk of the arm only because of the unknown part of his injury.....but a 1st rounder for luck i would do.......we would have to load up on the oline to protect him in a huge way........I cant believe the colts would allow their QB get man the way he has over the last couple of seasons....

well yeah. I guess we should see how he plays first. my first thought is of Luck prior to this surgery.

I guess the first thing any team that would be interested needs to do is find out if his career is over or not. They only way to do that would be for interested teams to get a copy of his medical chart for the surgery and have team doctors take a look at him. I suppose the Colts could put on an expo for him to throw the ball around and invite interested teams as well. Not saying I would be interested if I were the Bills but, it's the only way he could prove he's not done.

Edited by BigPappy