Woods, watkins TDs

Foreigner

Just now, joesixpack said:

Wonder why they didn't put up those numbers here? You know why. SAY IT.

Sure, the QB.  We're all hoping we get our baby Jesus QB next year.  One with laser accuracy, a cannon arm, football sense oozing out his ears, and a LOW CAP NUMBER.

Gee, what would go great with a QB like that?  Maybe league best talent at WR? 

We'll get the QB next year, he'll look like Goff did last season, and we'll all be bitchin he doesn't have anyone to throw to.  Welcome to year 19 of the rebuild.

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

Sure, the QB.  We're all hoping we get our baby Jesus QB next year.  One with laser accuracy, a cannon arm, football sense oozing out his ears, and a LOW CAP NUMBER.

Gee, what would go great with a QB like that?  Maybe league best talent at WR? 

We'll get the QB next year, he'll look like Goff did last season, and we'll all be bitchin he doesn't have anyone to throw to.  Welcome to year 19 of the rebuild.

Hate to break it to you, this staff won't survive another year with Tyrod.  And we're likely to hit 19 with him in the lineup anyway.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hate to break it to you, this staff won't survive another year with Tyrod.  And we're likely to hit 19 with him in the lineup anyway.

Yeah, you're not breaking it to me.  I'm resigned to the streak easily breaking two decades.

And even if they do dump Taylor, based on their current personnel decisions, I don't trust 'em to find the baby Jesus QB.  These guys had Deshaun Watson served up to them in the draft this year and passed him up, probably due to culture or process or something stupid like that.

Edited by Perry Turtle

Even Tom Savage was the starter this year in Houston. 

He Tyrod'd his first half and the coaches immediately had enough. 

TT hasn't been as bad as he was today. It was an all time low. 

Blame the line, the offensive play calling...but Tyrod looked totally unprepared out there. 

If you know you are going to be running for your life - why aren't your plays designed as such?  Roll out?  Bottleg!!!  Play action!!!

55 minutes ago, CanadianFan said:

I'm so happy for Woods and Watkins. They paid their dues in Buffalo. Now they prosper in Hollywood!

Me, too. Don’t understand why every Bills fan wouldn’t wish them the best. 

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Wow another 3 targets for Sammy.  The DB covering him was either 10 yards off so an easy completion or Watkins beat him at the line and Goff didn't look his way.  For 2+ quarters Goff was actually lousy and then things clicked.

I am sure he is taking credit for Woods’ Big day— it was his decoy skills at work!! 

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Wow another 3 targets for Sammy.  The DB covering him was either 10 yards off so an easy completion or Watkins beat him at the line and Goff didn't look his way.  For 2+ quarters Goff was actually lousy and then things clicked.

1 minute ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I am sure he is taking credit for Woods’ Big day— it was his decoy skills at work!! 

I'll bet he's pissed that his team is 7-2 and headed for a playoff berth.  

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Me, too. Don’t understand why every Bills fan wouldn’t wish them the best. 

Woods?  Sure;  good player, hard worker, doesn't whine like a little B word.

The other one?  Meh....no real reason to expend the effort.

8 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

The Bills are a farm team for the rest of the league and, what's worse, many Bills fans seem to have accepted it.

Accept it?  Hey, they EMBRACE it!  NONE of those players are worth the money they're making!  ALL of them don't have the skill sets the Bills want/need.  The 2018 draft will SOLVE all the Bills' problems ... and if not 2018, well, there's always 2019 ... 2020 ... 2021 ...

19 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Accept it?  Hey, they EMBRACE it!  NONE of those players are worth the money they're making!  ALL of them don't have the skill sets the Bills want/need.  The 2018 draft will SOLVE all the Bills' problems ... and if not 2018, well, there's always 2019 ... 2020 ... 2021 ...

Yes. I can't believe how many post there still are saying Dareus or Watson are worthless, that the other players Beane got rid of are "just a guy." While Mike Tolbert is playing running back for the Bills. 

1 minute ago, Best Player Available said:

All eleven Rams fans, are now thinking what a steal Bob Woods was in FA. 

But the franchise is worth $3 Billion vs. Buffalo's $1.6 Billion.

Yes funny seeing all those empty seats, but means very little in the long run.

But back to the game and Rob Woods TD's......  How can a player be so open on a play as Woods was?  Please don't credit Goff as it was as simple a pass as one could make.

Add to that all game Watkins had a DB 10 yards off him and finally they threw that simple TD pass to him and it makes you wonder what is going on and why not exploited more often.

Watching Goff he is not that good.  He is the product of an Offense that has weapons and they are exploiting them.  Great formations and play calling.  Heck Cooper Kupp is getting twice as many targets as Watkins and Gurley is used like McCoy as the checkdown/safety valve.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

But the franchise is worth $3 Billion vs. Buffalo's $1.6 Billion.

Yes funny seeing all those empty seats, but means very little in the long run.

But back to the game and Rob Woods TD's......  How can a player be so open on a play as Woods was?  Please don't credit Goff as it was as simple a pass as one could make.

Add to that all game Watkins had a DB 10 yards off him and finally they threw that simple TD pass to him and it makes you wonder what is going on and why not exploited more often.

Watching Goff he is not that good.  He is the product of an Offense that has weapons and they are exploiting them.  Great formations and play calling.  Heck Cooper Kupp is getting twice as many targets as Watkins and Gurley is used like McCoy as the checkdown/safety valve.

You still going to say Taylor is better than Goff?

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You still going to say Taylor is better than Goff?

Actually Goff doesn't impress me that much.  He is slow, often makes the wrong read, not overly accurate and too focused on Gurley and Kupp.

He was lousy in the first half and then a great second.

Also helps to have a great Defense and play from the lead.

To me it looked as far as the Bills went, that the offensive line was terrible, little time to throw, no rhythm and the worst WR's in the league.  BTW where was Jordan Matthews?

I'm sure the experts here will tell us watching the all22 as to how bad TT was.

Edited by Billsfan1972

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Actually Goff doesn't impress me that much.  He is slow, often makes the wrong read, not overly accurate and too focused on Gurley and Kupp.

To me it looked as far as the Bills went, that the offensive line was terrible, little time to throw, no rhythm and the worst WR's in the league.  BTW where was Jordan Matthews?

Do you really need experts to see how bad TT was?  56 yard passing....56.  

TT didn't have protection issues like he had against the Jets...he had time.  He dumped it off all day long.  Didn't complete a pass over 10 yards.

Kelvin Benjamin and Jordan Matthews are the worst WR's in the leage?

Goff has 3 TD's and 355 yards....Goff not impressive.  Taylor 56 yard passing and you're defending him?

You're so incredible delusional it's strange.  

5 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

WHAT?

I mean, literally what?

Are you trying to say Taylor was good yesterday?

I'm scared to ask this, but would you trade Taylor for Goff?

Edited by CountDorkula

Just now, CountDorkula said:

WHAT?

I mean, literally what?

Are you trying to say Taylor was good yesterday?

No he was bad......  The first drive the Bills looked good and then poof......  

10 days to prepare and they had nothing.  

When I watch Goff though, it is not that impressive.  I don't see him throwing tight spirals into tough coverage or extending plays.

He's playing great under wonderful tutelage and playcalling.

I have no idea what Buffalo is doing on offense.

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No he was bad......  The first drive the Bills looked good and then poof......  

10 days to prepare and they had nothing.  

When I watch Goff though, it is not that impressive.  I don't see him throwing tight spirals into tough coverage or extending plays.

He's playing great under wonderful tutelage and playcalling.

I have no idea what Buffalo is doing on offense.

You simply don't think logically.  It's pure emotion.  

Goff is probably right now top 5 in the MVP voting and you're completely dismissing his production because you're just not a fan.  

Goff threw for 201 yards in the 3rd quarter alone. 

Watching the game he was not good the first half...... I am watching his closely and he has been good, but not great.  That woods TD he hit a receiver 10 yards open.

The Rams are reminiscent of the Bills in blowouts in that they look unstoppable.  To date they have beaten 2 1 win teams (NYG & SF), Arizona (QB injured in the game), Houston without their QB and Indy (also without their QB).  Their good wins are vs. Dallas and Jax (only 122 yards passing).

Yes they are a much improved team and quick strike on offense, but have also been very lucky with how the schedule has shaken out.

Edited by Billsfan1972

Just now, Billsfan1972 said:

Goff threw for 201 yards in the 3rd quarter alone.  

Watching the game he was not good the first half...... 

The Rams are reminiscent of the Bills in blowouts in that they look unstoppable.  To date they have beaten 2 1 win teams (NYG & SF), Arizona (QB injured in the game), Houston without their QB and Indy (also without their QB).  Their good wins are vs. Dallas and Jax (only 122 yards passing).

Yes they are a much improved team and quick strike on offense, but have also been very lucky with how the schedule has shaken out.

Are you seriously this petty?

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You simply don't think logically.  It's pure emotion.  

Goff is probably right now top 5 in the MVP voting and you're completely dismissing his production because you're just not a fan.  

Actually, you're the one who isn't thinking logically.  Billsfan1972 is looking at Goff critically as a QB, not at his stats.  His criticisms of Goff's play simply echo what numerous other observers have mentioned.  On another team, like the 2016 Rams or the 2017 Buffalo Bills, Goff would look like a bust (he was already considered that by some after last season), but he's on the 2017 Rams, a team with a smart, offensive minded young HC who was smart enough to go out and hire one of the master DCs in the game today (similar to Pitt and Tomlin hiring Dick LeBeau as their DC back a decade or so), and a FO willing to go out and get more protection (Whitworth) as well as weapons for their young QB. 

Taylor's situation is reversed.  He's on a team with a questionable OL that has struggled to adapt to new block schemes and with injuries.   His entire receiving corps was sent packing and replaced by a JAG WR (Matthews) and a rookie who had the yips for most of the season and then got hurt.  Benjamin has been with the team 2 weeks, hardly time to become a viable part of the offense, but one of the reasons that Carolina was willing to part with him was that he wasn't much of downfield threat.  The Bills simply do not have the talent at WR to stretch the field, so good defensive teams play the WRs tight, put their safeties up close to the LOS which enables them to shut down both the run and YAC on check-downs, and blitz the QB at will.

You can complain about Taylor all you want but the Saints rang up 295 yards and 6 TDs on the Bills D.   That's the real problem, and that is solely on the coaching staff and FO, and it's not going to be solved by putting in Peterman or by drafting a first round QB in 2018.

Edited by SoTier