Woods, watkins TDs

Foreigner

6 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I feel you there. However Jax was giving up 5.2yds a carry on the ground and today gave up 1.7yds a carry.

I think he will serve his purpose there just nicely, I mean he is 340 and just needs to clog lanes and let the rest of the defense get penetration.  I wish him the best but his best was never gonna be on this team again.  The fit wasn't right but I hope he kills it in Jacksonville.  Hope he doesn't waste his talent

3 hours ago, H2o said:

McVay has turned that team around completely. They added Woods and Watkins, but it's basically the same team Fisher couldn't win with. THAT was the Rams' best move of the offseason hands down. 

I’m hoping our FIRST choice for OC has this type of effect for us next season. The Pegulas have the pockets to eat some contracts. 

9 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

Jacksonville's defense was already scary...will be interesting to see how he performs.  You can't give him credit for Cincy's rushing yards though, they have too many talented players on that defense to give credit to one person.

Thats why many questioned why they went after him and yet didn't attempt to address the QB situation

There defence is already really good. He won't hurt it, but its not like he is turn9ing around a bad defence

3 hours ago, H2o said:

McVay has turned that team around completely. They added Woods and Watkins, but it's basically the same team Fisher couldn't win with. THAT was the Rams' best move of the offseason hands down. 

Adding Wade and Fassel to coach up the D and STs didn’t hurt either.  Lots of talent on that team.

Sad watching Goff not using Watkins.  Burned the Giants on two bombs (one a lousy throw by Goff).  Actually Goff is not as good as TT, but has an offense that takes advantage of his skills and has fresh looks and a great OC.   He makes tons of mistakes and Watkins is open often.  Watching him target Cooper Kupp over Watkins tells me he just is not that good.

The fact that Bills wanted to tank, did a bad job assessing the league and their chances and basically did everything they could to undermine the offense and TT irks me to no end.

Now they got Benjamin and will see if it works.

Why he wasn't dressed Thursday to at least be a decoy again tells me a lot about the Bills. 

Edited by Billsfan1972

As said many times before, they were never resigning Watkins for what it would have taken to sign him. Not with all the lingering injury concerns.

As for Woods, I don't think there are many that didn't want him back, but not at what it would cost to keep him. It's good to see him doing well in LA, and yet Watkins for some reason is not getting the attention he feels he deserves for some reason.

Those 2 should start to flourish as the year progresses.  They were a waste on our team with the exception of Woods blocking ability.  We could have 10 Jerry Rice's on this team and it wouldn't matter because Tyrod is not a good QB.  Our coaching staff should have their head examined for having Ducasse out there as well.  We're missing Kromer bad right now. 

Go Bills!!!!! 

When you build a dynasty you have a lot of players that can't get the big $$$, so they go to other teams who will pony up.

And other teams will poach everything they can from your dynasty roster.

Bills are learning again what this is like to be poached.

9 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Thats why many questioned why they went after him and yet didn't attempt to address the QB situation

There defence is already really good. He won't hurt it, but its not like he is turn9ing around a bad defence

Maybe the Jags expect to acquire their QB this year in the draft with trading draft picks since the rest of the team, for the most part, seems set.

12 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

Those 2 should start to flourish as the year progresses.  They were a waste on our team with the exception of Woods blocking ability.  We could have 10 Jerry Rice's on this team and it wouldn't matter because Tyrod is not a good QB.  Our coaching staff should have their head examined for having Ducasse out there as well.  We're missing Kromer bad right now. 

Go Bills!!!!! 

Actually Goff is worse then TT but playing in an offense that it dynamic and inventive.  Goff is actually pretty bad wrt accuracy and reading defenses and the fact he checks down worse then TT.  Watkins is behind Cooper Kupp as an option says it all.

The fact the FO tried to undermine TT & the offense and tank the season says all you need about the Bills.

Wow the idea that you need to pay good players seems lost on some here.....

BTW continue going on about Watkins injuries, as they are a thing of the past and none this year.

Also anyone see Julio Jones drop yesterday?  Bills fans would demand his trade today...... 

Edited by Billsfan1972

19 hours ago, Buffalo30 said:

And yet they've put up pedestrian numbers so far this season...it's not like they sucked.  They are bound to have a good performance here and there.  The whole thing about them leaving here is because of how inconsistent their play was.

This is just so much BS.  Watkins wasn't "inconsistent".  He sustained an injury that took a long time to heal and he made some statements about WR pay structure in general that the Bills FO used as a rationalization to move him out.  Woods wasn't "inconsistent" either.  The Bills just didn't want to pay him the going rate for veteran WRs of his caliber.  Furthermore, Woods has been anything but "inconsistent" for the Rams.  He's caught 31 passes for 451 yards (which may be only slightly less than the Bills current WRs' yards gained) and 2 TDs with 9 completions over 20 yards.  He's had only 2 games where he didn't have at least 50 yards in catches.

If you want to defend the Bills FO's personnel moves, be my guest, but don't make up stuff to do it.

7 minutes ago, SoTier said:

This is just so much BS.  Watkins wasn't "inconsistent".  He sustained an injury that took a long time to heal and he made some statements about WR pay structure in general that the Bills FO used as a rationalization to move him out.  Woods wasn't "inconsistent" either.  The Bills just didn't want to pay him the going rate for veteran WRs of his caliber.  Furthermore, Woods has been anything but "inconsistent" for the Rams.  He's caught 31 passes for 451 yards (which may be only slightly less than the Bills current WRs' yards gained) and 2 TDs with 9 completions over 20 yards.  He's had only 2 games where he didn't have at least 50 yards in catches.

If you want to defend the Bills FO's personnel moves, be my guest, but don't make up stuff to do it.

what was said was absolutely true.  woods is having a good year, but wasn't likely worth the 8 mill a year he received.  watkins has been wildly inconsistent, injury or no injury.  just look at his numbers this year.  you just can't seem to get over the fact that some of the guys that were moved, were moved for not just financial reasons.  if this team is so cheap, why give wood an extension.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Amazes me the # here hell-bent on defending this FO.  How a single poster could not see that this team could be so much better with those two defies logic.

5 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Sammy Watkins has 2 games of over 3 catches this season and 1 game of over 100 yards which was against San Fran.  Does that sound like consistency to you?  Maybe consistent poor play or decoy play but he doesn't deserve the credit of being a top flight receiver that many jack him up to be.  As for Woods, he's been consistent but not worth 8 million a year for a run first team.  If I'm paying my second wide receiver on the team that much, he better be getting 1,000 yards a season for me but he didn't here.  I understand we don't throw the ball a lot but the Rams have been and yet Sammy still can't produce.  He's inconsistent

1 minute ago, teef said:

what was said was absolutely true.  woods is having a good year, but wasn't likely worth the 8 mill a year he received.  watkins has been wildly inconsistent, injury or no injury.  just look at his numbers this year.  you just can't seem to get over the fact that some of the guys that were moved, were moved for not just financial reasons.  if this team is so cheap, why give wood an extension.

Watch Watkins and it is obvious that Goff is doing him no favours.  With TT he'd be elite.....

1 minute ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Amazes me the # here hell-bent on defending this FO.  How a single poster could not see that this team could be so much better with those two defies logic.

Of course they can be better but at what cost?  How much would you pay Sammy for his mediocre production this year being that he's on a contract year?  I think that's a tough question...because he's been inconsistent over his career with dealing with injuries and a lack of big production on the field.  Two games with over three catches this year...okay man.

4 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Watch Watkins and it is obvious that Goff is doing him no favours.  With TT he'd be elite.....

elite?  based on what?  people just keep saying this like it's a truth.  it's not at all.  would it have helped to have watkins?  of course, but he has shown nothing in his career at all to call him elite, or assume he'd just turn into a star this year.  tt isn't the type of guy that's going to put up a ton of passing yards, so i really doubt he would get the production you seem to think he would have.  

you complain that people are hell bent on defending the fo, but others are hell bent on defending the average play of watkins.  blame it on goff all you want, but at some point sammy is the cause of his own problems.  

3 minutes ago, teef said:

elite?  based on what?  people just keep saying this like it's a truth.  it's not at all.  would it have helped to have watkins?  of course, but he has shown nothing in his career at all to call him elite, or assume he'd just turn into a star this year.  tt isn't the type of guy that's going to put up a ton of passing yards, so i really doubt he would get the production you seem to think he would have.  

you complain that people are hell bent on defending the fo, but others are hell bent on defending the average play of watkins.  blame it on goff all you want, but at some point sammy is the cause of his own problems.  

Solid rookie season with injuries and one the the receivers the second half of 2015 when he was healthy on a team that did not throw much.  

Watch how bad Goff is in his reads and progressions.  Doing Watkins no favours.  Criminal that Cooper Kupp has 48 vs. 31 targets for Watkins.

Riddle me this....  Which  WR has the other teams #1 db or double coverage assigned to him on the Rams.