Craziness

Irv

How much do you think Pegula has been involved in the wild roster moves the Bills are making? Since Herschel Walker was traded to the Vikings I don't think I've seen a house cleaning like this. What do you think?

Edited by Badthingsman

How much do you think Pegula has been involved in the wild roster moves the Bills are making? Since Herschel Walker was traded to the Vikings I don't think I've seen a house cleaning like this. What do you think?

He approves them. What else do you think he'd be doing?

....absolutely zero.....why should he be?...he went out and hired what he perceives are the best and the brightest FOOTBALL guys to run/right the ship.....he's a scientist NOT a FOOTBALL guy.....he got duped once with the Train Wrecks' hire so he learned a hard and expensive lesson.....why spend big bucks to hire what you perceive to be THE best if you're going to tell them how to do their jobs with ZERO football background?.....or do you want him to be Jones, Snyder, Haslam or Irsay Jr?.......how are THEY working out with their valuable contributions (COUGH)??..............

This is what happens during a rebuild, especially when new coaches and gm are brought in. This is not unique. The 49ers and Browns have been shedding players for a couple years now, some of them quite good.

Do people not realize that we were losing with all those players? Our team looks completely different and is winning games without them. I think McD and Beane deserve the benefit of the doubt.

This is what happens during a rebuild, especially when new coaches and gm are brought in. This is not unique. The 49ers and Browns have been shedding players for a couple years now, some of them quite good.

Do people not realize that we were losing with all those players? Our team looks completely different and is winning games without them. I think McD and Beane deserve the benefit of the doubt.

They deserve more than the benefit of the doubt, they deserve three years., i hope really real hard we found a GM and HC that are going to be together a long long time.

They deserve more than the benefit of the doubt, they deserve three years., i hope really real hard we found a GM and HC that are going to be together a long long time.

....sure it's all on paper now, but how do you assess the credentials of this FO/administration/coaching staff since the Polian era?.......and what credentials post Polian were similar that piqued your interest and possible optimistic outlook to end the 17 year schneid if any?...............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Terry Pegula is giving them the freedom to do what they think they have to to build a SB contender.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the end of next season if the progress doesn't seem as obvious as the moves have been bold and decisive.

God forbid we have another situation where a new coach has to come in to a bare cupboard like Buddy/Chan did following the last guy that tried this technique.

He will likely re-evaluate their status at the end of next season.

...and apparently now BEANE should be arrested for pulling off this deal....go figure.......

Larceny ;)

Like Rodak said the Texans gave a 2nd to Cleveland to take that bad contract and he didn't have off field issues he just stunk on it ;)

+ 1

Agreed. CLEAN ON!!!

Strip this thing to the bare metal IMO. I'm all in...

COULD NOT WAIT until they got rid of Dareus as well, which just apparently happened.

Send a very clear and consistent message: if you don't perform and/or are NOT on board - see ya...

Let them have a shot a building a damn WINNER for Buffalo!!!

These are the type of moves you see and hear about around the league and you don't really understand them until they happen to your team.

You had Kurt cousins take Washington to the playoffs and immediately after that game there was talk about how no one in the organization Wanted him.

But it's really true management coaches want "their" guys .

I don't want that hunting jacket even though it's nice and really warm I want to hunting jacket next to it .

....sure it's all on paper now, but how do you assess the credentials of this FO/administration/coaching staff since the Polian era?.......and what credentials post Polian were similar that piqued your interest and possible optimistic outlook to end the 17 year schneid if any?...............

1) Most important is they had chemistry and are actually WORKING TOGETHER. When was the last time we didn't have an over the Hill (Marv Levy, Gailey and Buddy Nix), unqualified (Wilson-Brandon), lazy and not comitted for the long haul (Rex, Mularkey, Marrone) or someone hard to work with (Whaley, Marrone, Gregg Williams).

2) They actually have a plan and thus far, have the discipline to stick to it despite all the whining from fans (oh my God Sammy is gone ohwoe is me). Dareus HAD to go, it is a miracle they got out from most of that contract. This is a sign for all Bills and future Bills, this is serious about disicpline, and "trust the process".

3) I applaud every move they have made, (this Dareus move is a master stroke) except for Tolbert over Williams and extended Wood...Ducasse & keeping Mills I am possibly change my stance.

4) Both GM and HC were Prgual's picks, now slighglty seasoned owners in the NFL, no inherited HC or GM anymoer These are both THEIR picks, I think they realize they cant be the Cleveland Browns and change every two years. This is their team and I think they let them rub things the way they see fit.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

The plan is clear...it was never about this year, and its not about next year ultimately...it’s about the following and beyond. We will pick our qb of the future (whether it works out or not is the question). We will groom him next year to take over for the following year. Tyrod will be on this team next year as the starting qb as the dead money clears. The rookies will learn next year and the following year playoffs will be the expectation...the ride this year has been unexpectated. But the players believe and the playoffs are def a possibility. But the plan remains the same.

he was clearly sick of paying Dareus the big bucks when he let him down immediately by doing drugs, getting suspended, getting injured, showing up to camp overweight, sucking, etc.

Yea, Im sure he helped with that decision.

Edited by Idandria

For the record: Pegula has very much played an active hand in sports-related decisions with the Sabres and Bills.

However, I do not think he has dictated any of these recent moves with the Bills.

I think they are totally coming from GM/HC and Pegula is simply signing off on their decisions.

I think Pegula is very slowly learning, and transitioning from a rather bad owner to something better.

The Bills have not had this much positive energy moving forward in a long time.

We had the exact same record last year (4-2) with all those players.

Let's see if we keep winning or crater like we did last year and years before that when we started 3-2.

House cleanings lead to 4-2 I guess. Clean on!! Hell, trade everyone!

We were 4-2 last year too before the house cleaning. Edited by reddogblitz

Does he know about them? Yes

Does he approve them? Probably

Does he dictate/generate them? Highly Doubtful

This team hasn't won $h!t in 17 £u|<ing years. Trade everyone as long as they win somewhere Down the road.

I don't care if a player saved 45 Seniors from a burning Nursing Home or 20 kids from a Day Care, if he can't make a tackle or catch a pass, cut/trade his a$$!

Does he know about them? Yes

Does he approve them? Probably

Does he dictate/generate them? Highly Doubtful

This team hasn't won **** in 17 £u|<ing years. Trade everyone as long as they win somewhere Down the road.

I don't care if a player saved 45 Seniors from a burning Nursing Home or 20 kids from a Day Care, if he can't make a tackle or catch a pass, cut/trade his a$$!

but what if he's not a defensive player or wr?

1) Most important is they had chemistry and are actually WORKING TOGETHER. When was the last time we didn't have an over the Hill (Marv Levy, Gailey and Buddy Nix), unqualified (Wilson-Brandon), lazy and not comitted for the long haul (Rex, Mularkey, Marrone) or someone hard to work with (Whaley, Marrone, Gregg Williams).

2) They actually have a plan and thus far, have the discipline to stick to it despite all the whining from fans (oh my God Sammy is gone ohwoe is me). Dareus HAD to go, it is a miracle they got out from most of that contract. This is a sign for all Bills and future Bills, this is serious about disicpline, and "trust the process".

3) I applaud every move they have made, (this Dareus move is a master stroke) except for Tolbert over Williams and extended Wood...Ducasse & keeping Mills I am possibly change my stance.

4) Both GM and HC were Prgual's picks, now slighglty seasoned owners in the NFL, no inherited HC or GM anymoer These are both THEIR picks, I think they realize they cant be the Cleveland Browns and change every two years. This is their team and I think they let them rub things the way they see fit.

.....nicely done......thanks for the input bud..................

.....nicely done......thanks for the input bud..................

Thanks,

I really am all in on this GM-HC, three years from now is when we can really judge them. 4-2 i think is a bit of a fluke, borderline miracle but it sure is a nice surprise.

Except that we didn't run him out of town. He begged to get out.

You are correct, no one ran him out of town unless you want to blame the Hamburg police. What ML missed something like 12 OTAs, when he did show up he was 10-20 lbs overweight and slow. He wanted nothing to do with WNY.

Thanks,

I really am all in on this GM-HC, three years from now is when we can really judge them. 4-2 i think is a bit of a fluke, borderline miracle but it sure is a nice surprise.

You are correct, no one ran him out of town unless you want to blame the Hamburg police. What ML missed something like 12 OTAs, when he did show up he was 10-20 lbs overweight and slow. He wanted nothing to do with WNY.

It was also reported that he asked Nix to be traded. It was also reported that during a game against GB he went up to Rodgers and another player asking them to tell the GM to come get him. Lynch didn't want to be here. He hated playing for Buffalo and hated being in Buffalo. I still love Lynch, but we didn't run him out of town.

I would venture a guess that he weighs his opinion, but overall has little to no say in roster moves. That's how it should be: let the players play, the coaches coach, the managers manage, and the owners own.

Terry does not have football smarts and he knows it. That is why he wanted Polian or Coughlin as "Czar". He hired Beane and McD becauss he believes in their plan, and will likely give them the lattitude they need to enact said plan. Early returns are promising.