Dareus traded to Jacksonville!

HappyDays

Ehhh maybe. He would have to be a big distraction for that to be the case and can't the captains keep him in line? The season is halfway done I feel like he could have helped us the rest of the way if you could get him in the right head space. Feels like a waste when this doesn't help us this season

I defended you on the Kiko talk last night; cant do the same here. :)

If he tripled his output this year, hed end the season with 24 tackles and 3 sacks.

I know trust the process is now basically a meme, but so far, so good.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm shocked they could get anyone to take on his contract. there was a good chance of us just cutting him in the off-season - and then getting nothing for him. They tried to move him before this season - no one was biting.

I love this...out with the old and dysfunctional, in with the process. Marcel hasn't done a damn thing in three years.

it is possible that they wanted him out of the locker room

I'd rather they deactivated him for the next 10 games then.

You just know there's some HC on another team that thinks he--and he alone--can motivate Dareus. The big egos in the NFL make that a dead bang certainty.

An offseason, lower stress atmosphere makes every FO into geniuses. Somebody would have offered a 3rd or something better than this return...

Edited by Lurker

The absolute worst part of this entire trade, short, mid and long term, is having to endure reading or hearing random nimrods saying, in all seriousness, "Tom Brady was a 6th round pick."

does this mean you have to now punch yourself in the throat?

You need about $6M on the rookies. If you factor in Kyle and Wood that could be WAY higher. The Bills have a boatload of space. Eating $14M instead of letting him play through next year is foolish.

I thought that, even taking dead cap into account, we are getting small to modest net cap savings this year and next. Are those numbers wrong or am I misunderstanding?

Do you trust Dareus to play next season?

He is a bowl and bag of Doritos away from a long suspension.

He was

I defended you on the Kiko talk last night; cant do the same here. :)

If he tripled his output this year, hed end the season with 24 tackles and 3 sacks.

I know trust the process is now basically a meme, but so far, so good.

They barely played him the first 5 weeks of the season. I really don't want to be getting to a point where I'm defending Dareus because he's not exactly my favorite player, but... he didn't look that bad. We should have let him play out the year. If he was such a locker room cancer we should have done this before the year began.

I'm not sure why they HAD to trade him this year. Aren't we on the hook for his contract this year either way? I'm no salary cap expert but how does trading him now vs in the offseason help?

If I had to guess .... and this is ONLY a guess.

Maybe Dareus either missed, or was late, or was inattentive for some meetings thinking his "star status" bought him some leeway ... and the coaching staff is adamant that they will NOT have stars ... they will have a TEAM. On the face of it based purely on his on field performance and the budgetary costs of trading vs keeping him, this trade makes no sense ... but based on the coaching staff "protecting the process" for the future of the team, I may understand it.

I'm not sure why they HAD to trade him this year. Aren't we on the hook for his contract this year either way? I'm no salary cap expert but how does trading him now vs in the offseason help?

i wanted him gone before the league year. we would have SUUUUUUCKED this year but we could have just eaten the cap this year but they waited too long for the inevitable.