Week 8: Raiders' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SalSports

Leslie Frazier mentions Trae Elston as being the most likely next man up if Jordan Poyer can't go, but team will continue to evaluate him and that as week goes on.

Trae Elston has two career tackles. From reading his scouting report he sounds a bit like Rambo. Hard hitter, inconsistent, gets lost inbetween blocks, can high point the ball.

Maybe less athletic than Rambo, I see multiple mentions of stiff hips.

Get well quick Poyer.

Trae Elston has two career tackles. From reading his scouting report he sounds a bit like Rambo. Hard hitter, inconsistent, gets lost inbetween blocks, can high point the ball.

Maybe less athletic than Rambo, I see multiple mentions of stiff hips.

Get well quick Poyer.

So does that means the trade with the Eagles to get Malcolm Jenkins isn't real? :lol:

Losing Gaines for the Cinncy and in this game has made a hugely negative impact. He's key

Just goes to show you how important of a player Gaines has been for this team.

I think it's safe to say that he has been a more valuable member of our defense than the guy we traded him for has been for his offense.

Without Gaines the defense has suffered. We really need to address the DB position this next coming season.

@MatthewFairburn

E.J. Gaines and Jordan Poyer came out of Bills' win w/ injuries. Bad news w/ Derek Carr coming to town: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/ej_gaines_jordan_poyer_injuries_loom_large_after_buffalo_bills_win_over_bucs.html

This may be the toughest match up and situation this season

Note: This is the game where the Cookie Gilchrist's name will be added to the Bills' Wall of Fame. I'm hoping both teams will don 1964 throwback uniforms for the occasion.

I was at the Rock Pile on 12/8/1963 when Cookie set the all time pro football single game rushing record [36 carries 243 yards] in a mosh pit. Will be there Sunday with my son. Long overdue, Ralph was petty on this one.

Cookie also had 5 rushing TD's in that game.

Edited by BearNorth

@buffalobills

We've claimed CB Tony McRae and released WR Kaelin Clay. Details: http://bufbills.co/roUStMDM2f-H0VAAAhL8a.jpg

5:05 PM - 23 Oct 2017

I was at the Rock Pile on 12/8/1963 when Cookie set the all time pro football single game rushing record [36 carries 243 yards] in a mosh pit. Will be there Sunday with my son. Long overdue, Ralph was petty on this one.

That is cool!

But Khalil Mack, and he will have more than his share of fans in the stands.

Im not doubting that many of us on this board were aware of Mack at UB, but Im betting that the majority of Buffalo fans barely knew the guy existed while he played at UB. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

seriously awesome ! Each Point. Hope you and the Boy have a Great Game, Bear !!

But Khalil Mack, and he will have more than his share of fans in the stands.

and now Navarro Bowman ( jealous )

@AdamSchefter

Chiefs CB Marcus Peters spoke on behalf of Raiders RB Marshawn Lynch during today’s appeal, as @JayGlazer said. Al Davis never would believe

NFL Appeals Officer James Thrash heard Marshawn Lynch’s appeal today for 1-game suspension, per sources. A decision is expected Tuesday.

Marshawn Lynch argued that 9 players, including Aaron Donald and Taylor Lewan last season, made contact with an official; none suspended.

@BairNBCS

JDR said Raiders expected to hear result of Marshawn appeal early this week...likely Tuesday. "That would be fair" to help prep for Buffalo

JDR: Bills have a 'couple of my favorites' in Andre Holmes, Taiwan Jones and Lorenzo Alexander...hard-nosed former Raiders now in Buffalo

JDR: Too early to speculate on whether Conley (shin) will return (or not) this year. Raiders being patient, trying to allow him time to heal

This game is going to be extremely tough. Their offense is beginning to roll and our defense is going through some injuries that we simply cannot afford. I hope Gaines and Poyer are able to suit up and play, if not then I think it's going to be a long afternoon for the defense and the offense will be relied on to put up 30 again to win.

This game is going to be extremely tough. Their offense is beginning to roll and our defense is going through some injuries that we simply cannot afford. I hope Gaines and Poyer are able to suit up and play, if not then I think it's going to be a long afternoon for the defense and the offense will be relied on to put up 30 again to win.

One good game against KC doesn't constitute a roll. We'll see how well they travel.

Thx, special Day to see Cookie go on the wall.

just recently became a Gilchrist fan. and a serious one.

Did not live in the area till 74 and did not even notice the Bills just before the super bowls.

I hope you Boys have a fine day, as i hope we all do.

Not exactly the case with too many DNFs.

whats the deal with the new Kid they picked up of waivers?

anything good 26? Hope for growth?

How about Trae Elston? Can he hold down the fort?

just recently became a Gilchrist fan. and a serious one.

Did not live in the area till 74 and did not even notice the Bills just before the super bowls.

I hope you Boys have a fine day, as i hope we all do.

whats the deal with the new Kid they picked up of waivers?

anything good 26? Hope for growth?

How about Trae Elston? Can he hold down the fort?

I don't know much about McRae except that he's mostly been a ST contributor. Elston is a big hitter with questionable recognition and coverage skills. I'm hoping neither has to see extensive action in defensive sets.

I don't know much about McRae except that he's mostly been a ST contributor. Elston is a big hitter with questionable recognition and coverage skills. I'm hoping neither has to see extensive action in defensive sets.

I hope they don't need to play either then.

but would be hell of a test for Coaches if they do need to get reps.

Wright scares me a little still.