Week 8: Raiders' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

they were a lousy team until last year, so thos stats are kind of meaningless.

All I'm saying is this will be another close game, especially if Poyer and Gaines aren't able to play.

Let's also not forget we went into their building last year, at a time where their O and D were both playing amazing and if not for an epic defensive meltdown,beat them pretty handily.

I think our O is a huge matchup issue and they have clearly taken a step back on both O and D. Although they did just have a great offensive performance, they have been super into this year and are coming to our building.

Definitely should be a close one, but I think we have the overall advantage.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BILLS TODAY: RAIDERS HC SPEAKS HIGHLY OF BILLS PLAYERS

bills-today-10-26-story.jpg
Here's the Bills news of note for Oct. 26th.

@68INCOGNITO

What A Time To Be Alive! #BillsWin #RichieSpike #Shady10kChase

DNBYrkqV4AAIzp-.jpg

@buffalobills

The Raiders are coming to town. The throwback uniforms are going on. And we're looking to add another W. #OAKvsBUF #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/923286268124872704/vid/1280x720/hDcj_Xvt4oF1syps.mp4

@thadbrown7

Next up for #Bills suddenly vulnerable pass D, a QB who threw for 400 yards last week.

http://www.rochesterfirst.com/sports/nfl/nfl-buffalo/raiders-likely-to-test-bills-leaky-pass-d/844426978

what a terrible waste of an article lol...."Raiders likely to test Bills leaky pass D" - uhhhhhhhhhhh DUH!!!!!

great nuggets of wisdom from THE Thad Brown

BILLS TODAY: RAIDERS HC SPEAKS HIGHLY OF BILLS PLAYERS

@68INCOGNITO

What A Time To Be Alive! #BillsWin #RichieSpike #Shady10kChase

DNBYrkqV4AAIzp-.jpg

@buffalobills

The Raiders are coming to town. The throwback uniforms are going on. And we're looking to add another W. #OAKvsBUF #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/923286268124872704/vid/1280x720/hDcj_Xvt4oF1syps.mp4

Time for the STANDING Buffalo.

@ChrisBrownBills

Logan Thomas back practicing. Excused Wednesday. #Bills

@SalSports

Jordan Poyer is on the field to begin practice. At least stretching portion. However, Richie Incognito and EJ Gaines are not.

@JaySkurski

Back at practice: Logan Thomas, Lorenzo Alexander, Kyle Williams, LeSean McCoy. #Bills

Not practicing: Richie Incognito, Ramon Humber, E.J. Gaines, Charles Clay, Jordan Poyer.

@JoeBuscaglia

S Jordan Poyer is not participating in practice today. Same story with CB EJ Gaines and LG Richie Incognito. #Bills

@SalSports

Gaines and Poyer (and Humber) working on exercise bikes. Not involved in individual position drills.

@AustinGayle_PFF

#Raiders W8 Chalk Talk: #Bills' T. Taylor ranks T-No 9 in deep pass attempts and deep pass accuracy %. OAK must defend the deep ball.

#Raiders W8 Chalk Talk: #Bills' T. Taylor ranks No. 4 in accuracy % while under pressure. He's completed 27 of 49 passes for 424 yards.

@JonScottTV

No Richie Incognito and EJ Gaines during media portion of #Bills practice today. Jordan Poyer out there, but working w/ trainer off to side.

I am worried about the weather.

Big myth that rain slows down offenses. Unless it is a torrential downpour where the QB cant even hold a slick ball (the NFL has come a long way in the keeping the balls dry department), the poor field conditions due to rain is a huge benefit to offenses. It is tough for CBs to match WRs breaks, often leading to blown coverages. It is tough for linebackers to be as fast filling holes/getting to the ball carrier because of the same footing issues.

Add onto that the increased potential to injure or re-aggravate an injury, something our defense cannot afford, and this weather forecast has potential to really help Oakland.

Let's hope the winds shift and brings sunny skies to OP on Sunday. [/quote/

And the Bills offense won't benefit from the bad weather ?

Only Oakland ? If anything I hope will be running the ball for over 200 yards

DM_neQPUMAQaJGz.jpg

Well glad to see we're out there with the big dowgs on defense !!!

We weren't leaky before injuries hit.

?? Are you referring to the Bucs game?? The secondary was leaky all game...first drive we gave up passing plays of 21 yards, 10, 11, 11...second drive 9, 14, 14, 20....third drive 7, 19, TO....it goes on and gets worse after Gaines goes down. We have been lit up for two straight weeks, we have a leaky pass D right now and it is OK to admit that

It is obvious we give up passing yards, thats kind of what our D is based on....bend but dont break and get TOs...it is also obvious the Raiders will attempt to beat us via the pass - regardless of who lines up in our secondary

Interesting, I guess, but what are we supposed to conclude from this? If we consistently score points on our possessions that aren't the result of turnovers, does this really matter?

McDermott has mentioned several times lately that we need to do a better job at scoring off of turnovers...its no secret. We have lost games/let games be closer than they should by not turning TO's into points

Interesting, I guess, but what are we supposed to conclude from this? If we consistently score points on our possessions that aren't the result of turnovers, does this really matter?

Quite obviously they need to take better advantage of any opportunities created by turnovers as mentioned several times by the Head Coach.

Quite obviously they need to take better advantage of any opportunities created by turnovers as mentioned several times by the Head Coach.

Not disputing that, but are the possessions off turnover any more (or less) important than possessions that, say, start after the other team scores?

Why is no one talking about our Offense ? Tyrod 268 passing yards / and a greate come from behind win ,

And McCoy finally getting on track , getting in the endzone twice and almost a 100 yard rushing !!!!!

I have a good feeling about this game , here's why

1- this game is @ HOME

2- the Raiders ( IMO ) are not as good as they were last year when we played them

3- our defense ( when healthy ) is pretty SOLID especially at home !!!

I think Tyrod got a huge injection of confidence with that great come from behind WIN . I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy has a HUGE game !!! ( like 200yards rushing 3TD )

Our OL is playing better , wish we had Clay for this game but the young guys are stepping up , I think O'Leary has a big game .

I maybe talking out of my a$$ , but am I the only one who thinks that there's something different about this team and that they actually BELIEVE that they could beat anybody ,

Why is no one talking about our Offense ? Tyrod 268 passing yards / and a greate come from behind win ,

And McCoy finally getting on track , getting in the endzone twice and almost a 100 yard rushing !!!!!

1- this game is @ HOME

2- the Raiders ( IMO ) are not as good as they were last year when we played them

I think Tyrod got a huge injection of confidence with that great come from behind WIN . I wouldn't be surprised if McCoy has a HUGE game !!! ( like 200yards rushing 3TD )

Our OL is playing better , wish we had Clay for this game but the young guys are stepping up , I think O'Leary has a big game .

I maybe talking out of my a$$ , but am I the only one who thinks that there's something different about this team and that they actually BELIEVE that they could beat anybody ,

Our secondary is a mess right now, that is where the concern is. Poyer and Gaines might not even play.....

1- this game is @ HOME

It feels like there is a little something different yeah, but I've also told myself that before in season's past. I'm just not ready to quite drink the kool aid yet. A little too early for me. But can tell a big difference in discipline and the way they are getting coached up this time around.

I'm going to need to see a little more before i partake in the kool aid as of right now though.

Game Day Experience Information: Week 8

G7_Gameday_Advisory_Set_Story_Image.jpg

The Buffalo Bills will host the Oakland Raiders at New Era Field on Sunday, Oct. 29. Here’s a full breakdown of what you need to know.

Abbott Road Closing: 8:00 a.m.

Gates Open: 11:30 a.m.

Pregame: Hometown Heroes Ceremony, honoring local first responders

Player Warm-Ups: 11:55 a.m.

Stampede Performance: 12:45 p.m.

Leader of the Charge: Paul Maguire – Bills Alumnus

National Anthem Singer: Amaris Bullock – Christian/gospel artist

Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.

Halftime Ceremony: Cookie Gilchrist Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony

@MatthewFairburn

Jordan Poyer and E.J. Gaines are both day to day. Richie Incognito not practicing today was part of the plan.

@JaySkurski

Sean McDermott confirms that Trae Elston would start if Jordan Poyer can't play. #Bills not ruling Poyer out right now.

McDermott says "when you make big plays, you get more opportunities" in regards to Deonte Thompson. #Bills

Game Day Experience Information: Week 8

Abbott Road Closing: 8:00 a.m.

Gates Open: 11:30 a.m.

Pregame: Hometown Heroes Ceremony, honoring local first responders

Player Warm-Ups: 11:55 a.m.

Stampede Performance: 12:45 p.m.

Leader of the Charge: Paul Maguire – Bills Alumnus

National Anthem Singer: Amaris Bullock – Christian/gospel artist

Kickoff: 1:00 p.m.

Halftime Ceremony: Cookie Gilchrist Wall of Fame Induction Ceremony

LoRax has the freakiest looking biceps I've ever seen. Looks like he has a cell phone in there.

Moore good results for the Dolphins?

0ap3000000867445.jpg

Can backup quarterback Matt Moore lead the Dolphins to victory for a second week in a row? Find out what Elliot Harrison thinks will happen on Thursday Night Football and in every other Week 8 game.

Oakland Raiders 26, Buffalo Bills 20

Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBS

Maybe the toughest game of the week to call. The Raiders came to life last Thursday night and will be playing on 10 days' rest. The Bills, who have survived a couple of recent close affairs, are surprisingly tied with the Patriots atop the AFC East in the loss column. This game is huge for both Oakland and Buffalo. A win for the Raiders vaults them right back into the thick of the AFC West race, especially with the Chargers playing the Patriots and the Broncos and Chiefs going at it. If the Bills win, they'll be 5-2 for the first time since 2011, when Ryan Fitzpatrick got hurt and then the team tanked. Buffalo hasn't been 6-2 (or better) since 1993. That was their last Super Bowl season. The Bills' 17-season playoff drought is now the longest in all the major American sports. The Seattle Mariners are at 16, having not made the postseason since Ichiro's rookie season of 2001. How good was that guy in his prime?

of course it matters. we lost the Bengals game because we only converted 1 of 3 turnovers into points.

of course it matters. we lost the Bengals game because we only converted 1 of 3 turnovers into points.

This is a nonsense argument. How do you know we didn't lose because we failed to score on several of our possessions that started after a punt or a kickoff? Are touchdowns scored after a takeaway worth more than touchdowns scored after the other team has punted the ball to you?

Not disputing that, but are the possessions off turnover any more (or less) important than possessions that, say, start after the other team scores?

Maybe not more important persae but they are the type of points that put teams away instead of expecting a perfect two minute drive at the end of a game.