Mile High Sports: Bills OT Glenn could be traded to Broncos

That's overstating it a bit. His average pay puts him 5th among left tackles, and as usual dropping down the list as years pass. He's paid as an above average LT, not as the second best lineman in the league.

A single year cap hit is low in the ways I'd rank pay in the league.

yes.

This year, he is the 8th LT in terms of cash spent. In terms of average per year, correct, 5th.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Buffalo gets any less than a 1rst round pick they're getting scammed. If Glenn entered the draft next year, he'd have a reasonabl;e shot at going #1 overall. Proven strong left tackle in a league always on the hunt for them.

That's a bit over the top, but even assuming it's somewhat close to true, why the hell would we trade him?

He's the 2nd highest paid player on the team and we aren't getting anything from him this year.

Factor in the injury issues the few years and he certainly appears to be a player on the decline.

Who knows what's really happening behind closed doors at One Bills Drive but you have to believe he's on Beane and McD's radar, but not in a good way similar to Dareus.

The marcel and cordy situations are not CLOSE to each other

I guess they expressed frustration by making Glenn active and still starting Dawkins over him.

Glenn was far from 100%, and probably should be taking a few more weeks off. I can see how that might be one small piece if there were other pieces, but it's crazy to make that assumption based solely on that, IMO. (BTW I understand you are just giving me your best guess as to why people are saying McBean are down on Glenn.)

Age-wise, Glenn should be entering his prime. If he can recover from the foot injury, the Bills have a starting LT locked up for the next 4-5 years.

Now, if he can't adjust to the new OL blocking scheme (of the coaches adjust to the talent of the line), then I can understand wanting to move him out. But early in the season, I thought he was adjusting as well as anyone on the line.

Glenn was far from 100%, and probably should be taking a few more weeks off. I can see how that might be one small piece if there were other pieces, but it's crazy to make that assumption based solely on that, IMO. (BTW I understand you are just giving me your best guess as to why people are saying McBean are down on Glenn.)

Age-wise, Glenn should be entering his prime. If he can recover from the foot injury, the Bills have a starting LT locked up for the next 4-5 years.

Now, if he can't adjust to the new OL blocking scheme (of the coaches adjust to the talent of the line), then I can understand wanting to move him out. But early in the season, I thought he was adjusting as well as anyone on the line.

I don't want to see Glenn traded but in all seriousness how long does a player need off for a sore foot? Outside of a couple games that he rotated in this year he has been resting for over 10 months.

Money ball is likely the answer to ending professional sports longest playoff drought. If theres one thing that gets you where you want to go, its not paying or keeping good players and replacing them with pedestrian level trash. Lets trade Glenn now for some draft pick that we take another bust with. Maybe all of our position groups can look like our WRs and our overall depth.

I don't want to see Glenn traded but in all seriousness how long does a player need off for a sore foot? Outside of a couple games that he rotated in this year he has been resting for over 10 months.

Come on, man. Seriously?

Trade him. Get rid of players who are constantly injured and players who aren't committed. Can't win with the injured and the check cashers. Watch the Sabres. O'Reilly is useless, Okposo is useless. Moulson is useless. Can't win with 'em.

Depends on what "sore foot" means. A 300+ lb guy puts a LOT of stress on that foot.

If someone here understands the dead cap implications if it is possible to trade Glenn before 2019.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cordy-glenn-9851/

POTENTIAL OUT: 2019, 3 YR, $41,250,000; $6,400,000 DEAD CAP

To me it doesn't seem possible

If he's traded now it will be $8.9M dead cap this year and $9.6M next year.