Anybody else concerned about the Tampa game?

2008: started: 5-1, finished: 7-9

2011: started 4-1, finished 6-10

2012: started 2-1, finished 6-10

2016: started 4-2, finished 7-9

I'm not buying into this team, just because they are currently 3-2. If you want to, proceed with caution.

My hope for this team heading into the season was that they were a better team in November and December than they are pre-Halloween. There are just way too many seasons over the last decade where we've gotten off to a nice start only to look like a totally inept, bad football team down the stretch. I hope this yr. is different, but for that to happen this offense is going to have to play a lot better than they have.

This is my thought as well, I keep pointing to the magic 6-4 number. The Bills have never had that record or better through 10 games since the start of the drought in 2000.

If we can somehow get there (or better) we might have a real shot, but I still think these next few weeks are the worst possible matchups for the Bills against two desperate teams that many had pegged as SB contenders in their respective conferences.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's going to be tough when your QB cant throw for more than 180 yards / game. It just is the reality.

Buffalo # 1 in points allowed by defense and # 4 in interceptions. What more can the D do?

I read somewhere they had negative net yards on the last 2 possessions last week. That's horrible.

This should be a 24-14 Bills win. It will be a good test of Mcdermotts "stay humble" mantra. Buffalos biggest obstacle will be not taking Tampa lightly. I think Mcdermott has this teams attention. Im looking for a solid 60 minute effort.

it's going to be tough when your QB cant throw for more than 180 yards / game. It just is the reality.

Buffalo # 1 in points allowed by defense and # 4 in interceptions. What more can the D do?

I read somewhere they had negative net yards on the last 2 possessions last week. That's horrible.

We did play the #1, 2, 4, and 10 defenses in the first five games. Tampas 31. That should make a difference.

We've seen the Bills in this spot before, coming off a bye week or facing a reeling opponent in which fans and pundits believe they should be able to take care of business.

Looking at the numbers the Bucs defense is terrible currently ranked 31st overall in terms of yards allowed so there is one advantage for the Bills to exploit.

Conversely they are currently ranked #4 overall in total offense which on paper is the best the Bills have faced all season and should be a good test to see McD and Frasier's defense can hold up.

Personally I believe this is a must win game for the Bills. Some will claim it's not especially since it's another non conference opponent but a loss would no doubt ramp up the criticism of the bills being pretenders. I also believe this is quite possibly Taylor's biggest game of his NFL career and he cannot afford to come out of the bye week struggling and posting pedestrian numbers again against this defense.

I'm not as concerned...here's why:

If you want to look at the numbers to form conclusions, take into consideration their opponent so far. The Bucs have averaged 419 yards per game over their last 3, which would rank them #1 in YPG. But their opponents were the Giants, Patriots*, and Cardinals, none of which possess a top 20 defense in YPG (Cards are 21st, but the Giants, and especially the Pats*, are terrible defensively).

Against the Bears and Vikings, both teams with good defenses, the Bucs offense averaged 326.5 YPG, which would rank #18th overall. The Bills defense gives up about 322 YPG, but they're very "bend, don't break". PPG is what matters, and the Bills are tops.

The Bucs are not good at running the football, whereas the Bills D is top 10 against the run. Tampa does rank #2 in passing, but again, their average was inflated drastically over the last 3 games against poor/terrible defenses.

On paper, this should be a very close game. I see the Bucs finishing with around 345-350 total yards, and the Bills around 335-340 total yards (hopefully Matthews plays, and the WRs step up).

Where the Bills have a nice advantage is defending the red zone. The Bucs defense allows TDs in the red zone nearly twice as much as the Bills. Unless the Bills have a rough day with turnover differential and crucial penalties, this should be the key on Sunday.

23-19 Bills

This should be a 24-14 Bills win. It will be a good test of Mcdermotts "stay humble" mantra. Buffalos biggest obstacle will be not taking Tampa lightly. I think Mcdermott has this teams attention. Im looking for a solid 60 minute effort.

We did play the #1, 2, 4, and 10 defenses in the first five games. Tampas 31. That should make a difference.

A home game coming off a bye should result in a win. I agree Tampa D is bad : 22nd in points allowed.

Concerned. There it is. I knew you couldnt contain yourself long. God youve spent months trying to blend in on different Bills forums. Doesnt it get tiring?

concerned!

this guy is solid. get ready for a million threads shocking similar to this.

This is a game the Bills should win. I believe we match up well.

With a D as bad as Bucs and the Bills being home the Bills should win in blowout fashion but with a QB like Tyrod(mr200) it will most likely be a close game that will come down to the closing minutes.

Bills win, Bills 19. Bucs 17.

Based on various twitter reports, looks like Fitz is going to get the 1st team reps tomorrow in practice with Jamison not throwing until later in the week.

At this point would have to believe Fitz is starting against us but still not sure if that's an advantage or disadvantage.

ya never know with fitz. was it the first game last year that the guy looked like an all star? he as his moments...you just never know when they'll come.

He's going to have 5. Whether they be TDs or INTs remains to be seen. I'm going with 1 TD, 4 INTs.

no doubt. his numbers are always plump, but it just depends where. this isn't a rex defense, so if anything, i'm going to lean on the side of fitz taking a beating.

ya never know with fitz. was it the first game last year that the guy looked like an all star? he as his moments...you just never know when they'll come.

No way he plays that way again, if anything because we have a completely new secondary this year.

But I never discount a former QB's motivation playing against a former team and the Bucs have a lot of talent on offense for him to work with. They are #4 overall in total offense despite their current sub .500 record.

With a D as bad as Bucs and the Bills being home the Bills should win in blowout fashion but with a QB like Tyrod(mr200) it will most likely be a close game that will come down to the closing minutes.

The Pats only scored 19 on Tampa so why should the Bills blow them out?

No way he plays that way again, if anything because we have a completely new secondary this year.

But I never discount a former QB's motivation playing against a former team and the Bucs have a lot of talent on offense for him to work with. They are #4 overall in total offense despite their current sub .500 record.

i have to assume he's over his time with the bills. at this point, fitz is collecting his pay, and helping when called upon.

Edited by teef

Both you and the OP need help.

Concerned. There it is. I knew you couldnt contain yourself long. God youve spent months trying to blend in on different Bills forums. Doesnt it get tiring?

Oh...it's THAT guy????

It doesn't take a HighFootballIQ to be concerned about the Bills

OP reminds me of this guy:

post-26799-0-51554600-1508261782_thumb.png

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Me too, at least when this team is still in contention so to speak. But if this team is out of the playoff picture again by Thanksgiving/early December at least my anxiety will be gone and I can relax again.

But this game has me petrified because sadly we've seen this same script before. Hoping and praying things are different this year.

Dude, you must be a nervous wreck in real life. Concerned and petrified over a football game? Get a grip bro, just sit back and watch the season play out one game at a time.