Lacanfora: Seahawks tried to trade for Glenn

YoloinOhio

Glenn average? He has been great so far in his carreer for us. We would be stupid to trade him. I'm quite glad to know the asking price was steep, that tells me the FO wants thim to be part of the "process"

Sometimes it's best to just ignore what you know is silly....LT is a critical position. He's a very good one. I'd trade anybody for the right price, but sometimes that price is mighty steep. :)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trading Glenn would be a mistake based purely on his ability. In my view, the guy also is a warrior given how he came back from his health issue.

P.S. I also hope, if they trade him or anyone else, we do not give any discounts.

There is a whole lot of stank coming off of the initial tweet, as well as the article that was linked, regarding any trade talks.

Glenn's price tag is not exactly a secret. So, how do trade talks stall over his price tag?

Are we supposed to believe that no one in the Seahawks organization has the ability to look up a contract that was filed with the NFL?

Or at least thought to look at something like RotoWorld, like any average joe could: http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7482/cordy-glenn

They could have stalled over the trade compensation, but the price tag? I don't think so.

I find it comical that if Glenn is now healthy, the coaching staff is not committed to starting Glenn at LT.

If this is true (I have my doubts), did McDermott get in the head hard while doing his morning MMA session at some point this week?

If Glenn is healthy, it seems pretty much a total non-issue who should start at LT.

If everyone is healthy, all us Bills fans KNOW what the starting 5 should be across the board........

LT Glenn

LG Incognito

C Wood

RG Miller

RT Dawkins

If they are all healthy and this is NOT your 5 best OLmen on the field............... this is beyond aggravating to me and probably most of this fan base.

Even the dumbest Bills fan knows that Vlad and Mills shouldn't be anywhere near your starting lineup if everyone is healthy.

Maybe if McDermott put out that starting 5 and left it alone, it could have the potential to turn their offensive season around, no matter the skill position talent.

Edited by njbuff

This whole roster is getting blown up and somehow they are in contention in the AFC. I am almost willing to buy into the 'process,' at this point. I have to say that all of the current moves look fine. Yes, no QB, but Tre looks like a stud even though we passed on D Watson and Mahomes.

Sureee LaCanfora. If it is true, glad to hear that the Seahawks have learned that we don't give away our best players for nuthin anymore.

What a bargain we gave them for Beast Mode smh

Tank Carder and the great Chris Hairston. Sigh

I suspect (That if this is true) That the Bills probably wanted Seattle's 3rd rounder in 2018 plus a 4th or better in 2019. It seems like that Seattle without their 2018 2nd rounder and a team unlikely to part with their 1st for Glenn would have to build a package around their 3rd rounder and a future pick. Considering the hefty cost of Glenn's contract it is likely that Seattle would be looking to part with a mid round pick and a later round pick. Its all speculation on my part but I have to think the Bills are not looking to give Glenn away.

Remember the deadline is Halloween, so there is still plenty of time for a trade to culminate. The Bills are probably the ones that would leak such a story to try and drum up interest.

If I had to guess the Bills are probably asking for a 3rd rounder and a young relatively unknown player on a cheap rookie deal. I do remember them wanting to sign CB, DeShawn Shead this offseason before he ended up resigning with the Seahwaks. I see he's still on the PUP. I'd be pleased with Shead and a 3rd.

30 years ago on Halloween the Bills pulled off the Cornelius Bennett deal, which some said was the last piece in creating those great Super Bowl teams.

Get 'er done, Beane!! Baldwin and Jimmy Graham?

I don't think the Bills are trying to gauge fan resentment ... It doesn't even look like it came from them. It moreso appears to be a leak from the Seahawks FO that they are trying to improve the OL which is their fan base's biggest gripe. That's why the report includes both Glenn and Duane Brown.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Cordy Glenn has the 2nd highest cap hit +$14 mil for offensive lineman in the league.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/offensive-line/

is he the 2nd most talented ?....no he is not.

if there ever was a deal, it would be to clear out that cap hit and spread the cap/risk of injury over 2 or 3 players.

Correct. fixing the cap mess is one of the main factors underlying the dareus and Glenn trade rumors.

on the flip side, if cordy glenn was in the 2018 draft.....he'd be a top 10 pick.

i'd say the bills wanted at least seattle's 2nd & 4th or their late 1st.

there is plenty of time left and both parties likely want it....it still may get done.