Lacanfora: Seahawks tried to trade for Glenn

YoloinOhio

@bufffanatics

Per Jason La Canfora, Seahawks made a serious inquiry to acquire #Bills LT Cordy Glenn. Talks stalled due to ⬆️ price tag/assets in return.

One, I'm glad the Bills are listening to discussions about virtually any player on this roster right now. Two, I'm also glad they recognize his value to the team and more importantly his value on the market if they're simply patient enough, because it seems in years past the Bills would have taken a bag of socks in exchange just to get rid of his contract and make it "look" like they're doing something to get value. So, good for Beane et. al. for not blinking and giving up what is a good talent (if not often injured) for what I'm sure the Seahawks were hoping to be low-ball value.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone try and explain to me why we no longer want Glenn??? Miller, incognito, and glenn are our best o-linemen and 2/3 of those are on the hot seat with new regime and incognito is on brink of retirement. Wtf.

Exactly. Seahawks must have been serious but didn't want to give us a 1st which is what a starting LT is worth.

I want keep Glenn. He's a great player and belongs on the left side. He can protect our rookie QB next year.

If we can get a WR and 3rd/4th round pick for Glenn not sure how we don't pull the trigger ASAP.

Glenn is average and his better days are behind him. Time to move on and facilitate this rebuild.

I am assuming that would be a price tag they consider to be "too high". They are likely offering us a 6th or 7th rounder right now.

That fact that they are taking phone calls and opening up discussions tell you that they are willing to move on from him.

If Dawkins starts at LT again this week, I believe he's gone soon. Can't risk him getting hurt on the field.

They are willing to move on from anyone, if the price is right.

That fact that they are taking phone calls and opening up discussions tell you that they are willing to move on from him.

If Dawkins starts at LT again this week, I believe he's gone soon. Can't risk him getting hurt on the field.

There are always conversations that take place on players with GMs obligated to listen . You're obviously locked in on this and we'll know soon enough.

They are willing to move on from anyone, if the price is right.

Which is really terrible considering the tough time we had finding a good one. LTs are tough to come by - I wish there FO didn't even entertain the conversation. I understand that he is expensive but he mans a tough position and it is not one I mind 'over paying' for

It's not farfetched to think something is up when you're highest paid offensive lineman is an emergency tackle and the HC can't commit to him starting when healthy.

I thought McDermott explained what they were thinking with Glenn based on the previous injury history. We'll see soon enough if your suspicions are warranted.

Can someone try and explain to me why we no longer want Glenn??? Miller, incognito, and glenn are our best o-linemen and 2/3 of those are on the hot seat with new regime and incognito is on brink of retirement. Wtf.

I don't think the Bills are looking to just get rid of him. But I think they are looking long-term and see some health issues where, if they can get what they feel is the right ROI from some team like a Seattle that is thinking more short term, that they would be willing to move on and replace him with Dawkins. If he's healthy and has a good prognosis going forward on those feet, I think they keep him unless there is a crazy offer. Otherwise I think they are open for business at the right price.

The Seahawks have not demonstrated that they value the OL so not surprised they didn't offer enough for the Bills to do it.

Which is really terrible considering the tough time we had finding a good one. LTs are tough to come by - I wish there FO didn't even entertain the conversation. I understand that he is expensive but he mans a tough position and it is not one I mind 'over paying' for

It's a tough pill to swallow considering we as fans have no idea how Beane drafts and if he can correctly evaluate talent.

Honestly I have liked a lot of your posts but I dont agree with you here....you dont get better as a football team by getting rid of all your best players.

He is on a pretty good deal for a LT....Dawkins would probably dominate the RT side.....our OL has been shaky

It makes no sense to trade Cordy - unless there is a long term injury concern. He has tons of talent. We made the mistake of not paying Peters and got lucky in being able to pick Cordy in the draft where we did.

As for the comment about his cap hit, in 2019 his cap hit is 9th among tackles:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/2019/cap-hit/offensive-line/

How many positions are the Bills planning on putting themselves in a position where they have to try to address those positions with the picks they have?