Bills vs. Bengals Postgame

Zay Jones, Kaelin Clay, and Brandon Tate along with Nick O'Leary at TE made up the Bills' receiving corps today. Tough sledding without Matthews and Charles Clay as legitimate threats.

Very tough.

I give credit to O'leary. He stepped up today.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been 3-2 the every season since 2014, it means nothing.

The only difference this year is the defense has been overachieving and lights out, that will no doubt tail off soon like years past. In fact it kind of did today anyway despite the 3 TO's we were lit up by Andy Dalton. Without the TO's we lose by 14+ points and in some ways I wish we would have to magnify this teams issues even more but no doubt that type of loss is coming soon anyway.

If we traded WR rosters with the Bengals today we would have won.

So, this is a close one. Without offensive weapons, this is how we're going to lose all year. Couldn't make plays when we had so many turnovers. This kind of loss is on Beane. That's why it is a half tank.

The defense failed us on the last two drives by Cincinnati. The supposed strength of our team got outmuscled by a weak Bengals offensive line. Emotionally and mentally they did not get up for the Bengals. That's how you get out played physically. That's on McDermott.

McDermott couldn't prepare his team to get up mentally and emotionally to face and beat a beatable Bengals team. Whereas a Belicheat would have. That's the difference between good coaching and great coaching. It isn't just X and Os.

And folks, beating whom you're supposed to beat is what very good teams do. Winning games after emotional victories is what very good teams do. This is the next step this team, including the coaches, have to take. That's the progression we as fans need to be looking for. (Jaguars for instance, keep losing to bad teams this season, after having big wins vs strong opponents. And we're coincidentally, with identical records.).

We'll get more opportunities for this in the coming weeks to see if they take the next step.

(edit - copypasta from other thread as this post is more relevant for post-game).

You mean how Bellicheat had his Patriots up to lose two home games already this year?

McDermott: "We Have to Learn" (6:50)
Bills HC Sean McDermott addresses the media following the team's game against the Bengals. McDermott provides information regarding injuries to several Bills players as well as what the team can improve on as it heads into the bye week.

Alexander: "We Have to do a Better Job Capitalizing" (3:38)
Bills LB Lorenzo Alexander spoke to the media following the team's game against the Bengals. Alexander discussed his forced fumble on WR A.J. Green and how the team can do a better job of taking advantage of opportunities in the game.

Then there was the holding on Logan Thomas during Shady's big run, that was a game killer.

Even worse was Taylor's run on 3rd down for the 1st to Bengals 20-25.. replay showed no hold at all, that was a killer. Tough road loss. Optimistic we can get to 5-2

If we can't effectively run the ball we will struggle on offense.

I would sign Rod Streeter if healthy and promote brandon reilly. Tate was our best wr today which is all anyone needs to know. Not sure why Andre Holmes is on this team he is terrible. I would cut him now.

Even worse was Taylor's run on 3rd down for the 1st to Bengals 20-25.. replay showed no hold at all, that was a killer. Tough road loss. Optimistic we can get to 5-2

Was that the holding call on Dawkins?

Because if it was, that was a BS call.

As bad as this loss feels, image how worse it will feel if Deshaun Watson lights up KC tonight.

McDermott may be forced to start Taylor the rest of the year to make sure they'll have a top five pick to right the wrong of not picking Watson (if he is the real deal as it appears so far).

Lewis Postgame News Conference 10/8 (7:16)
Marvin Lewis speaks at his postgame news conference on the win against the Buffalo Bills.

Dalton Postgame News Conference 10/8 (11:41)
Andy Dalton speaks with the media after the Bengals win over the Buffalo Bills.

@BuffaloBillsPR

#Shoutouts: Jordan Poyer finished the game with an interception, fumble return, 3 tackles and 1 pass defensed.

DLpEXTdUIAEc8Zs.jpg

If we can't effectively run the ball we will struggle on offense.

I would sign Rod Streeter if healthy and promote brandon reilly. Tate was our best wr today which is all anyone needs to know. Not sure why Andre Holmes is on this team he is terrible. I would cut him now.

And our best WR today dropped a nice pass over the middle on a critical 3rd down that would have put us in FG range.

Instead, an all-too-familiar drop and no points.

Was that the holding call on Dawkins?

Because if it was, that was a BS call.

Yes! Replay clearly showed no hold. That's a hugeeeee play , unless he got the numbers wrong, total BS call , in a spot where a ref shouldn't have that much influence.

I know it's just slow the game down but I wouldn't be opposed to penalty challenges. We had momentum on that drive and that call was just thr dagger

I'm here to eat crow. Bengals were terrific on defense. Bills D did all it could. Not even using injuries as an excuse. Bengals were missing players too.

Today wasn't a very stiff challenge for them once Clay went out.

@salmaiorana

Here's my #Bills report card following the disappointing loss to the Bengals. Add in your grades....

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2017/10/08/buffalo-bills-report-card-cincinnati-bengals-nfl-week-5/722493001/

Yes! Replay clearly showed no hold. That's a hugeeeee play , unless he got the numbers wrong, total BS call , in a spot where a ref shouldn't have that much influence.

I know it's just slow the game down but I wouldn't be opposed to penalty challenges. We had momentum on that drive and that call was just thr dagger

I saw the replay and the hold.

@JonScottTV

#Bills offense once again failed to pull its weight during great defensive performance. @SalSports and I discuss

http://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffalo/bills/2017/10/08/green-s-big-game-rallies-bengals-over-bills-20-16-in-rain

@MatthewFairburn

Tre White had a tough day against A.J. Green, but Bills vets had his back after the game: http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/10/buffalo_bills_veterans_rally_around_tre_white_after_aj_greens_big_game.html

Jordan Poyer said of Tre White: "He's one of the best corners in the league.":

So, this is a close one. Without offensive weapons, this is how we're going to lose all year. Couldn't make plays when we had so many turnovers. This kind of loss is on Beane. That's why it is a half tank.

The defense failed us on the last two drives by Cincinnati. The supposed strength of our team got outmuscled by a weak Bengals offensive line. Emotionally and mentally they did not get up for the Bengals. That's how you get out played physically. That's on McDermott.

:rolleyes:

As bad as this loss feels, image how worse it will feel if Deshaun Watson lights up KC tonight.

McDermott may be forced to start Taylor the rest of the year to make sure they'll have a top five pick to right the wrong of not picking Watson (if he is the real deal as it appears so far).

I will not feel bad at all.

I've loved what I've seen from Tre'Davious White and I'm thrilled that we have 2 first round picks in next years draft.

What they're saying: Bills lament missed opportunities in loss to Cincinnati

Sean McDermott, Tyrod Taylor, Jordan Poyer, Brandon Tate and other discuss Sunday's loss and where the team is headed after the bye week.

Top 3 things we learned from Bills-Bengals

top-3-things-10-8-story.jpg

Buffalo's secondary continue to rack up takeaways, Nick O'Leary fills a void at tight end and Stephen Hauschka hits a career mark.

Oh good we are at the 'fire everyone' part of a loss.

It's not fire everyone, but just recognizing credit where it's due. Yes it was nice they got 2 extra draft picks with the trades. But signing no one else, and not being able to land Maclin, is hurting us now. If we had sammy or Maclin, we'd have won either the Carolina or this one for sure.

You mean how Bellicheat had his Patriots up to lose two home games already this year?

You are going to take this year's 3-2 record to argue that Belichek is a bad coach? Look at his track record. His teams always beat up on losing teams after they beat big opponents. They don't have emotional let downs. We did here after we beat 2 super bowl contenders.

From one extreme to the other: We go from a blow hard to this fluff. He didn't say one single thing of substance. Nothing. These press conference are a complete waste of time.

McD's post game PC just finished.

Dude says absolutely nothing.

Maybe that is his prerogative, but then why have the PC in the first place?