Positives/Negatives from Today's game

POSITIVES

1. Defense held until the last drive.
  2. Good special teams play
  3. Turnovers are great.
  4. O'Leary is developing into a nice weapons
  5. Hauschka is money.

NEGATIVES

1. Taylor has proven he cannot be a starting QB in the NFL.
  2. Two really long passing burns by the secondary
  3. Offense looks dead and rotting
  4. No change in the game plan
  5. Line can't hold the pass rush out for an entire quarter so TT can read a defense
  6. Pass rush looked dead
  7. Can't convert turnovers on short field.
  8. Injury bug is starting to rear its head

GRADES

QB: D-

HB: C+

WR: D-

OL: C

DL: C

LB: B-

DB: B+

ST: A+

Coaching: C-

Overall: C-

Offense couldn't take advantage of the turnovers.

TT took too many unnecessary sacks

WR's are about as useful as a flea collar on a dead dog

Not much in the way of a pass rush.

They got taken to school this week.

Make up for it next game guys

way off

the QB deserves a better grade

37 attempts.

who the hell was he throwing to?

the OL and WR lost this game with no TE's.

Tyrod was bad today. He didnt have much to work with but he was still bad. Lets not sugar coat it.

way off

the QB deserves a better grade

37 attempts.

who the hell was he throwing to?

the OL and WR lost this game with no TE's.

That air mailed INT in the 4th sealed his low grade. If he led the team down field, It would be have been C+ if we won due to his amazingly anemic passing yards and his taking stupid sacks.

Again. This is who Taylor is and there will always be people saying he has no weapons. He had similar games with woods, watkins, clay and shady healthy. Stop babying him. He has been a started for 2.3 years and has not progressed at all. I said it in the gameday thread and ill say it again. Bills and most fans where OK with giving a rookie only 10 games but are fine waiting 3 years fir an 8 year vet to finally get it.

Again. This is who Taylor is and there will always be people saying he has no weapons. He had similar games with woods, watkins, clay and shady healthy. Stop babying him. He has been a started for 2.3 years and has not progressed at all. I said it in the gameday thread and ill say it again. Bills and most fans where OK with giving a rookie only 10 games but are fine waiting 3 years fir an 8 year vet to finally get it.

I stated I wasn't ready for a change at the beginning of the season. I was willing to give TT the benefit of the doubt due to the fact that people gave Fitz more time than TT. I said I would reserve my judgement until the bye. It's the bye. . .he's proven nothing to me that he can run an offense. I am willing to see a QB change now.

TT is barely passable at worst, approaching average at best. There is enough of a sample size to warrant a change in thought.

And take Clay out of the game and it's lights out for B-lo.

...can't trash O'Leary....and Thomas was a relative newbee to the equation.....spreading the wealth during healthy times gets everyone ready to step up when injuries arise and your have new "go to" guys who know the live drill.........

The biggest negative in this game was the offensive line. Its bad enough Taylor has no weapons, with the offensive line playing like that we really dont have a shot

Even behind that terrible line 16 points where put up on the board. A better QB gets better production. This is who taylor is and who he has been for going on 3 yeas.

Edited by CircleTheWagons99

Saw O'Leary whiff on a couple of blocks, but then again so did several of our OL at different stages of the game. This offense is in trouble without any semblance of a deep threat.

This loss was not a big surprise to me, but I still like the direction McDermott is taking with this team.

Team competed well on the road vs a team that was recently considered among the better in the NFL, has some good players left and was playing for its season. This will sting for the entire two weeks, but it seems another building block for this team. They are going to lose a few like this and Carolina before they "earn" the right to win them. Tough game, played hard by both sides.

We all saw this loss coming with the injuries to WR CB and OL. Miller a healthy scratch for ducasse to start? Barf. our only air weapon Clay gets hurt and it was over for us. We needed a defensive td to win this one cuz our offense dont have the guns and Dennison cant scheme up a full toilet after a trip to del taco. Eat that loss. Let it sting. Get better comeback strong in 2 weeks. Get cream for that fungus too. Fungus is never good.

Negative: Really untimely penalties, like a key DPI on third down and the hold on the long McCoy run.

I'm surprised no one else has brought this up. Penalties killed us at the worst time today.

The holding on Logan Thomas after Shady's big run was a death blow.

Then earlier there was the BS personal foul call on Jerry Hughes which helped the Bengals score.

There was also a terrible call of holding on Dawkins which killed another big offensive play for the Bills.

I'm surprised no one else has brought this up. Penalties killed us at the worst time today.

The holding on Logan Thomas after Shady's big run was a death blow.

Then earlier there was the BS personal foul call on Jerry Hughes which helped the Bengals score.

There was also a terrible call of holding on Dawkins which killed another big offensive play for the Bills.

The Dawkins hold was brutal; that was at least 3 points we lost on that penalty.

I am also pretty sure that the Hughes foul and the DPI I mentioned led to scores by the bengals.

The Dawkins hold was brutal; that was at least 3 points we lost on that penalty.

I am also pretty sure that the Hughes foul and the DPI I mentioned led to scores by the bengals.

The Hughes penalty was a bogus call, and it did lead to Bengals points. The pass interference on Mabin was a correct call, and that might have cost us points too.

The holding call on Dawkins was a joke, but the holding call on Logan Thomas was a real killer.

Also, we never saw the penalty they called against the Bills after the Green fumble that Poyer returned back to midfield. What exactly happened there?

Edited by Mark Vader

Negatives

TT

Wr's

Tackles

Injury to clay

Giving up the big play.

Timely penalties

Defense on third and longs

Dennison play calling

Shady taking too many negative gains

Positive

Safeties

Turnovers

Brandon tate

Good.

O'Leary may be a decent TE

Hyde,Poyer and the tip drills

Lorax is a beast

Winning the turnover battle again

Haushka

Tate is nice to have as a 4th receiver and makes some nice returns

McD is a step up from Rex.

We have a week to heal up and address some glaring problems.

Bad

We have glaring problems on offense.

CB depth is lacking. we need Gaines back

D line got no pressure

Dareus could be good if he ever gets motivated

Shady can not carry the offense, he takes too many negative plays.

Offense did not make adjustments

McD is a step below Billychick

Ugly

Tyrod can not see the field

Ducasse is putrid, O-line looked weak

WR's are really bad. Zay is a problem being on the field. He needs to get better,

Injuries are crippling. Without Clay and Matthews we will have trouble sustaining drives.

This is not a big play offense.

Dennison is not a good OC

Team depth. Next man up will not carry this team to the post-season.

Also, we never saw the penalty they called against the Bills after the Green fumble that Poyer returned back to midfield. What exactly happened there?

No idea. I thought it was going to be a late hit out of bounds on the bengals. I wonder if someone had a blindside block or took out dalton on the return.

POSITIVES

• Defense held until the last drive.
  • Good special teams play
  • Turnovers are great.
  • O'Leary is developing into a nice weapons
  • Hauschka is money.
NEGATIVES

• Taylor has proven he cannot be a starting QB in the NFL.
  • Two really long passing burns by the secondary
  • Offense looks dead and rotting
  • No change in the game plan
  • Line can't hold the pass rush out for an entire quarter so TT can read a defense
  • Pass rush looked dead
  • Can't convert turnovers on short field.
  • Injury bug is starting to rear its head
GRADES

QB: D-

HB: C+

WR: D-

OL: C

DL: C

LB: B-

DB: B+

ST: A+

Coaching: C-

Overall: C-

I agree with your list.

Negatives:

1. Tre getting burnt for that TD. Love him so far but that ended up being a killer.

2. All the injuries, but the one to Clay really hurt.

Positives:

1. Its only 1 game.

2. Great time for a bye week.