Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

There are definitely some angry folks on the wrong side of history, holding onto their rapidly-eroding status of being in the cultural driver's seat. If all you have going for you is that you're a white male - you need to work on yourself. It's not society's fault.

All of that said - Cam is a moron.

being a white male is no different than a Philippino woman unless you let it be.

Gender identity is a social construct.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of dinosaurs here. Just like in real life.

My wife was recruited out of college by IBM to be a programmer. She was the only female in the recruited group. Her entire career she was paid less than the men whose programs she would have to fix, because some of them were clueless.

She was often not taken seriously because she was a good-looking woman. This behavior didn't make her real happy.

In this thread, we see some with the same stupid attitude that she often encountered. When called on it, they lash out and call the rest of us feminists or something similar.

It's all looked at differently by the dinosaurs when it's their wife or daughter that is treated that way. The dinosaurs are insecure, afraid, little children who can't distinguish between a macho idiot and a man.

Exactly. They defend their right to belittle women to the death, as well. Good for them, but the rest of the US is hopefully getting smarter.

Exactly. They defend their right to belittle women to the death, as well. Good for them, but the rest of the US is hopefully getting smarter.

"Political correctness" is an annoying, often counter-productive way to advance a laudable goal of increased respect and tolerance. But it is not, as some posters here (and many in society) think, a symptom of degrading moral standing or a societal loss of fortitude. It's just Grievance-Based Politics. Again, super-annoying; doesn't make us weaker as a people.

"Political correctness" is an annoying, often counter-productive way to advance a laudable goal of increased respect and tolerance. But it is not, as some posters here (and many in society) think, a symptom of degrading moral standing or a societal loss of fortitude. It's just Grievance-Based Politics. Again, super-annoying; doesn't make us weaker as a people.

Fair enough. Agree.

But when the best start taking a back seat, that's when problems compound. You can't over correct, over social engineer. You have to still elevate and look to the best as the right example in society, no matter who they are.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

being a white male is no different than a Philippino woman unless you let it be.

Gender identity is a social construct.

Have you ever seen gravity hit a Filipino woman? It ain't pretty.

Did she shake her head and dump you when you called Dan Manucci "the next Joe Ferguson"?

No. But I did see Dan Manucci's parents at a bar in Scottsdale called Hightops, while Dan was playing in a Bills game, and they had the world's first camcorder taking Betamax home movies of a 12 inch screen up in a corner showing the game.

It quite effectively divides the people though. I think intent is often lost in the mix, when it should be greatly considered.

It quite effectively divides the people though. I think intent is often lost in the mix, when it should be greatly considered.

That's why I called it counter-productive! Which it is. But to long for the days when you could grab the secretary's a$$ or when Sean Connery's Bond wasn't afraid to "hit a b-" is just sad. Get on the right side of history, there is no going back.

It also cultivates the whole "heroic victim" martyr mentality.

And that's what I meant by Grievance-Based Politics. Super annoying and counter-productive, both in society as a whole and within personal relationships (we all know a few folks who "carry their cross" around). It's the worst. But that doesn't mean the motives are bad - just the tactics.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

It sounded more like she made a statement to me and look how smart I am to say such a thing. Had no trouble with Cam's reply and don't think she should be upset at all. I've played and watched football for over 50 years and wouldn't know how to make a sensible reply to that question. But the outrage fits right in with todays society. Just a tad thin skinned to me but hey we're all entitled to our own opinions.

It sounded more like she made a statement to me and look how smart I am to say such a thing. Had no trouble with Cam's reply and don't think she should be upset at all. I've played and watched football for over 50 years and wouldn't know how to make a sensible reply to that question. But the outrage fits right in with todays society. Just a tad thin skinned to me but hey we're all entitled to our own opinions.

victim blaming. Cute.

The point is that this is a professional atmosphere and everyone is on the clock. Customers, vendors, partners, etc....all say stupid things at times. Responding condescendingly is extremely unprofessional.

The point is that this is a professional atmosphere and everyone is on the clock. Customers, vendors, partners, etc....all say stupid things at times. Responding condescendingly is extremely unprofessional.

he is a pro football player not a professional speaker.

Feminist men coming in here to stand up for this chick are the reason why vaginas go dry. I bet she would let Cam bang before any of you feminists men could. Yall go to those feminists protest hoping the women will fall in love with you but they dont. Women like a-hole men because a-hole men know how to bang a woman real good. Feminists men cant even attract gay men because they view you as weak too.

He said what most men think,except he shouldn't have said it.

He's just not very smart.

He'd be better served to ignore asinine questions from all reporters.

That wasn't an asinine question, but a rather nice thought out question. She asked him about Xs and Os, and he answered like, 'Well, your female, so you clearly can't have any clue about routes."

so he found it funny. is she out there running routes? I took a quick look. no videos or evidence she does? okay, so she is a sports writer and I'm sure she has some familiarity of how the routes are run but it looks more like poking fun at her then insulting?

like I said, sensitive reporter and the media is eating it up. I find it to be no big deal. now if he cussed, called her a whore or something like that. yes, that would be insulting.

lets make a bunch of something out of nothing.

Just because she never actually ran routes doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is talking about.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article177107336.html#wgt=blogs

That wasn't an asinine question, but a rather nice thought out question. She asked him about Xs and Os, and he answered like, 'Well, your female, so you clearly can't have any clue about routes."

Just because she never actually ran routes doesn't mean she doesn't know what she is talking about.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article177107336.html#wgt=blogs

....nobody EVER said there was MUCH under his post game fedora........he's all about ME.....

Cam made a sexist comment toward a female reporter at his press conference. It's going over about how you'd expect.

@jjones9

"It's funny to hear a female talk about routes." What an embarrassing statement from Cam around 6:50 mark

To say that in response to a legitimate question for @JourdanRodrigue is so backwards and disrespectful to her and to women

Video

http://m.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Newton-Im-trying-to-win-any-way-possible/19b2887c-e136-429b-8d14-3044c10dd03a

The reporter:

@jourdanrodrigue

I don't think it's "funny" to be a female and talk about routes. I think it's my job.

i actually don't get the insult. man I am getting (am?) old. embellish please

I don't mind women in sports.

But let's be real. They find hot chicks. They teach them what they need to know. They coach them on what to say. And, because they are professionals, they learn.

I would bet my son's life on the fact that ZERO of the women on TV for football, were football enthusiasts growing up. They're entertainers and they've learned their parts.

They don't know schit about running routes and Cam Newton knows it.

Should he have said it? Perhaps not. Perhaps so.

I applaud him, personally.

Maybe we should do our homework before criticizing women reporters.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article177107336.html

I'm not saying all women reporters are like this, but this girl seems to be legit. Actually, loves football and tries to digest as much as possible.

We sit here and praise the guys who watch the all-22 and give a breakdown. They all claim to not be coaches, yet we take their word for what they see. She never claimed to be a coach. She asked a question about routes and he blew her off like she didn't know anything because he thinks any women in sports doesn't know ****. While that might be the case with some, it ain't with all.

Feminist men coming in here to stand up for this chick are the reason why vaginas go dry. I bet she would let Cam bang before any of you feminists men could. Yall go to those feminists protest hoping the women will fall in love with you but they dont. Women like a-hole men because a-hole men know how to bang a woman real good. Feminists men cant even attract gay men because they view you as weak too.

We got a live one!!

So many issues - so little time....

1008-MWBZ-faq-q1.jpg

LOL

I needed a good laugh today

Yeah, you tell it like it is, brother! Women belong in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant!

When they're not ground up and in the freezer.

then how the hell do I end up with women?