Empty Seats in Atlanta

JimKelly12

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned that to my wife, too. You'd at least think the brand new stadium would bring a bunch of hype, at least for the first couple home games... and considering they're the defending NFC champs. I know ATL isn't a football town, but still.... I was shocked.

My buddy who is a Falcons season ticket holder explained it thusly: There are so many great bars and amenities and places to stand around watching the game that nobody actually goes to their seats.

Thats the exact impression I get.

Too much to see in the stadium so people wander.

You can't complain when you build a "stadium" that attracts people who aren't football fans, and then those people don't actually bother to watch the game.

71,000 I thought I saw on the tube

Yes, capacity for American football is 71,000, though expandable to 83,000.

To sanitize for me the new digs there

This is why i hope they are careful about our stadium. Kill the atmosphere and the fanbase erodes

football needs to be played friggin outside not in an air conditioned retractable dome

This is why i hope they are careful about our stadium. Kill the atmosphere and the fanbase erodes

I'm not sure if we can draw any kind of conclusion about atmosphere being killed; from what I've read a "problem" is that people want to literally see the stadium almost as much as they want to watch the game. The stadium itself is an attraction; which i'm not sure that's a bad thing for the Falcons. Eventually it'll wear off and people will remain in their seats.

Edited by bobobonators

Probably a bunch of southerners boycotting NFLmfor removing confederate statues

Right.

Or maybe it's just the fact that in Atlanta, like much of the south they care more about college football than the NFL.

Georgia is all about the Georgia Bulldogs. The Falcons are an afterthought.

I was there, it was probably half way full. The concourses are very small. Some of the toilets were overflowing and you were standing and piss water. Beautiful sight lines, walked upstairs and looked around just an all-out great Stadium.

Stadium was nice, but the entire Fan Experience seems manufactured. The crowd typically only reacted to video screen prompts, and often there was so much going on in side the stadium it was hard to pay attention to anything. Surprised by the number of empty seats, especially the good seats between the thirties on the home side on the lower deck. Good experience for the most part I guess, but be warned, the bathroom situation might be the worse than football. Small bathrooms, lines a mile long, only one way in and out and no place to set a beer can near the urinal.

Right.

Or maybe it's just the fact that in Atlanta, like much of the south they care more about college football than the NFL.

Georgia is all about the Georgia Bulldogs. The Falcons are an afterthought.

This is probably closer to the truth. College ball is much bigger in that area. Falcons are just somewhere to hang out and be seen by the moneyed crowd in ATL.

When and If Bills put a stadium downtown (since Pegulas bought all that land, most likely) will that kill the tailgate? Is there enough parking space?

I think it will be the death of tailgating.

I would rather just stay at the Ralph as it is in fine condition. Buffalo doesn't need an architectural attraction to fill the stadium, and the folks here don't have big $$$$ it takes to get tickets at a multi-gillion dollar stadium.

The tail gate scene was awesome, if maybe a bit tight. I failed to get Duff's wings as time ran out and I wanted to see the stadium. Food lines were too long inside or I would have spent a lot more money. Bills fans, as always, showed up in force. The harmonica anthem was in my opinion horrific. I turned to the guy next to me and heard him say it was awesome. (He was an idiot.) All the empty seats made me wonder how I spent $800 for 3 decent seats, but I wasn't going to miss it. My seat next week in Cincy is less that $50. :)

UGA doesn't have all those empty seats. It's all about college football here.

The tail gate scene was awesome, if maybe a bit tight. I failed to get Duff's wings as time ran out and I wanted to see the stadium. Food lines were too long inside or I would have spent a lot more money. Bills fans, as always, showed up in force. The harmonica anthem was in my opinion horrific. I turned to the guy next to me and heard him say it was awesome. (He was an idiot.) All the empty seats made me wonder how I spent $800 for 3 decent seats, but I wasn't going to miss it. My seat next week in Cincy is less that $50. :)

UGA doesn't have all those empty seats. It's all about college football here.

It would have been a full house if it were an SEC matchup.