Taylor -- 106.7 rating today

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All he did was throw outside in 2015 and for much of 2016.

Considering the amount of dump offs and Clays utilization I still wouldn't call the comment utterly false.

Again, I think Gannon is commenting on the current season.

Considering the amount of dump offs and Clays utilization I still wouldn't call the comment utterly false.

Again, I think Gannon is commenting on the current season.

Lots of the throws to Sammy were just kind of put it up there and I'll go get it type stuff. I kind of recall SW saying something like you won't overthrow me. I'll catch it

Lots of the throws to Sammy were just kind of put it up there and I'll go get it type stuff. I kind of recall SW saying something like you won't overthrow me. I'll catch it

I tend to agree with this post.

Big fan of Sammy, but losing him may have helped more then hurt T Mobile/development in my humble opinion.

(As predicted by OldTimerAFL If I remember correctly)

Edited by Figster

Yeah, nonsense from Gannon.

Last year the narrative was that Tyrod didn't throw INSIDE the hashes or to TE's because.........he can't see. :doh:

For most of 2015 and 2016 the majority of his passing game was deep outs, comebacks and 9 routes..........everything was outside the hashes.

The issue is a lack of talent playing outside the hashes right now.

Last year the narrative was that Tyrod didn't throw INSIDE the hashes or to TE's because.........he can't see. :doh:

For most of 2015 and 2016 the majority of his passing game was deep outs, comebacks and 9 routes..........everything was outside the hashes.

I think it is lazy analysis from Gannon. Looked at the numbers, saw that Clay was our joint top TD receiver and our 2nd top receiver overall and imagined that meant lots of throws to the middle. Actually when they used Clay last year a lot of it was him running out routes to the sideline.

As to why the change.... partly it is talent related for sure (ie. the lack of outside receivers) and partly it is just what Dennison's scheme does. TEs have always been big in that Kubiak / Dennison offense.

I tend to agree with this post.

Big fan of Sammy, but losing him may have helped more then hurt T Mobile/development in my humble opinion.

(As predicted by OldTimerAFL If I remember correctly)

this.

Losing Gilmore made the Bills better, losing Rex made the Bills better. Sammy was TT's crutch and the most misused excuse out there.

What do good QB's typically do? Spread the ball around.

this.

Losing Gilmore made the Bills better, losing Rex made the Bills better. Sammy was TT's crutch and the most misused excuse out there.

What do good QB's typically do? Spread the ball around.

yes they do, and when you have a team operating efficiently without all the star power and based more on total team participation you can plug in a backup without missing a beat in my humble opinion.

Spending less per player on average gives teams the capability of providing better team depth from a salary cap standpoint IMO.

Agree. Gannon is full of it - talking just to talk.

So, if we are to believe him, then Tyrod is too short to throw outside (which he did in high percentages the last 2 years) all while the last 2 years everyone else was saying he is too short to throw inside (which he is doing more of this year and did his entire college career).

Shows you how worthless analysis from the sidelines can be - even coming from someone with NFL experience. Gannon is just plain wrong.

When you are running outside the pocket, I am pretty sure height difference of a few inches one way or the other has about zero to do with your ability to see receivers or see around/over defenders who are ten yards away or farther. Like - duh.

Agree. Gannon is full of it - talking just to talk.

So, if we are to believe him, then Tyrod is too short to throw outside (which he did in high percentages the last 2 years) all while the last 2 years everyone else was saying he is too short to throw inside (which he is doing more of this year and did his entire college career).

Shows you how worthless analysis from the sidelines can be - even coming from someone with NFL experience. Gannon is just plain wrong.

When you are running outside the pocket, I am pretty sure height difference of a few inches one way or the other has about zero to do with your ability to see receivers or see around/over defenders who are ten yards away or farther. Like - duh.

I respectfully disagree

What it boils down to is Taylor needs passing lanes. With the oppositions best pass rushers coming in off the edge the pocket formed around Tyrod Taylor becomes as much of an obstacle regardless of where he wants to go with the football as it is a protective barrier around him in my humble opinion.

T Mobile's movements after the balls snapped are as much about finding clear passing lanes as they are escaping the pass rush IMO.

I respectfully disagree

What it boils down to is Taylor needs passing lanes. With the oppositions best pass rushers coming in off the edge the pocket formed around Tyrod Taylor becomes as much of an obstacle regardless of where he wants to go with the football as it is a protective barrier around him in my humble opinion.

T Mobile's movements after the balls snapped are as much about finding clear passing lanes as they are escaping the pass rush IMO.

Inside the pocket it is harder to see if you are not as tall - makes sense. When you are outside the pocket, how does height have anything to do with anything? Who are you trying to see over? A linebacker who is ten yards down field away from you trying to decide if he should rush you or keep covering whoever he is covering? Or a defensive back who is 40 yards down field covering your flanker?

Think about it mathematically. How much of an angle difference is there if you draw a straight line from a guy's head to the top of the defenders head who is 30 feet away or 40 yards away from you? A few inches don't matter at all there if you ask me.

Gannon is saying that height is the reason Tyrod is throwing to the tight end there. Nonsense.

Unless that isn't what he meant when he said "especially when on the move"

Inside the pocket it is harder to see if you are not as tall - makes sense. When you are outside the pocket, how does height have anything to do with anything? Who are you trying to see over? A linebacker who is ten yards down field away from you trying to decide if he should rush you or keep covering whoever he is covering? Or a defensive back who is 40 yards down field covering your flanker?

Think about it mathematically. How much of an angle difference is there if you draw a straight line from a guy's head to the top of the defenders head who is 30 feet away or 40 yards away from you? A few inches don't matter at all there if you ask me.

Gannon is saying that height is the reason Tyrod is throwing to the tight end there. Nonsense.

Unless that isn't what he meant when he said "especially when on the move"

Outside the pocket Taylor loses half of the football field IMO. ( field of vision)

Edited by Figster

I will stay with my initial thoughts on Taylor.

1. We will never win a super bowl with Taylor

2. We will never win a playoff game with Taylor

3. Even with Antonio Brown and Julio Jones Taylor still isn't passing for 300 yards.

Are you being sarcastic?

He passed for 300 yards against Miami last year.

What does this post accomplish?

Reason to gloat if Taylor can't win a playoff game?

What if he does?

You gonna change usernames?

I will stay with my initial thoughts on Taylor.

1. We will never win a super bowl with Taylor

2. We will never win a playoff game with Taylor

3. Even with Antonio Brown and Julio Jones Taylor still isn't passing for 300 yards.

Brees passes for 300 yards every half. But the Saints have back to back 7-9 seasons to show for it.

I rewatched that Atl game 6 times, Taylor missed on so many wide open players and a lot of his passes were way off target. He made a few good passes like the Clay reception and the TD pass but 190 1TD is not going to ever win you a game unless your defense and running game are stellar. Shady kept so many drives alive and the defense played lights out. Shady is the best RB in the NFL right now no doubt about it. No RB is more valuable to his team then Shady is to the Bills.

With the way the defense and running game is working you could insert a ton of Trent Dilfer like QB's and win. Basically what we have is a Mobil version of Trent Dilfer.

I rewatched that Atl game 6 times, Taylor missed on so many wide open players and a lot of his passes were way off target. He made a few good passes like the Clay reception and the TD pass but 190 1TD is not going to ever win you a game unless your defense and running game are stellar. Shady kept so many drives alive and the defense played lights out. Shady is the best RB in the NFL right now no doubt about it. No RB is more valuable to his team then Shady is to the Bills.

With the way the defense and running game is working you could insert a ton of Trent Dilfer like QB's and win. Basically what we have is a Mobil version of Trent Dilfer.

How many of the eight incomplete passes were way off target?

Your funny to me.

It's you're and it's interesting that you can't even answer the question. Watch six more times. Later.

He once said if the Bills had Antonio Brown and Julio Jones it wouldn't make a difference in our passing yards. He can be safely ignored.

I saw that post that makes it obvious he has a fair and equitable POV regarding Taylor.

It's you're and it's interesting that you can't even answer the question. Watch six more times. Later.

I saw that post that makes it obvious he has a fair and equitable POV regarding Taylor.

If he takes the Bills to the playoffs and wins one game you are right.

If he never gets to the playoffs or never wins a playoff game then I am right.

Only time will tell.

All right, I'll bite. Can you name the passes?

Here's what I bet: you're going to identify long passes that were too long, which really aren't bad throws because they aren't interceptable passes. Just off the top of my head (and I rewatched the game, too), his worst pass was the overthrow to Jones on the left side line where the ball went out of bounds. And his worst non-throw that he should have thrown was a sack he took where he could have delivered the ball to Logan Thomas who came open about 20 yards up the middle of the field. That was one incompletion and one sack. I know that there were three drops (2 by Jones, 1 by Clay), there was the overthrow to the WR Clay on the second to last play of the first half that wasn't really a bad throw, it was just taking a shot.

So we have 17 of his 20 passes accounted for here. Can you take us through those three other passes and explain to us how those three passes were so terrible?

Or better yet, how the number 4 (the 3 you're about to explain along with the bad pass I mentioned already) is "so many" when the reality is that it's just 20% of all of his pass attempts?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

All right, I'll bite. Can you name the passes?

Here's what I bet: you're going to identify long passes that were too long, which really aren't bad throws because they aren't interceptable passes. Just off the top of my head (and I rewatched the game, too), his worst pass was the overthrow to Jones on the left side line where the ball went out of bounds. And his worst non-throw that he should have thrown was a sack he took where he could have delivered the ball to Logan Thomas who came open about 20 yards up the middle of the field. That was one incompletion and one sack. I know that there were three drops (2 by Jones, 1 by Clay), there was the overthrow to the WR Clay on the second to last play of the first half that wasn't really a bad throw, it was just taking a shot.

So we have 17 of his 20 passes accounted for here. Can you take us through those three other passes and explain to us how those three passes were so terrible?

Or better yet, how the number 4 (the 3 you're about to explain along with the bad pass I mentioned already) is "so many" when the reality is that it's just 20% of all of his pass attempts?

Don't bother with a guy like that. Tyrod could go 23-24 and that guy would still be talking about missing receivers all over the place. Just like Taylor has numerous plays with multiple reads, sticking in the pocket, and throwing into coverage and someone quotes an article saying he one reads and runs, doesn't throw to windows, etc.

If he takes the Bills to the playoffs and wins one game you are right.

If he never gets to the playoffs or never wins a playoff game then I am right.

Only time will tell.

After watching Buffalo's D stop the Panthers and Cam Newton, the Denver Bronco's and then the high flying Atlanta Falcons,

Taylor may not have to play that spectacular to win in the playoffs IMO.

Protect the football...

I would wager everything I have in my life you didn't watch the game 6 times, in fact, I would double that wager to say you didnt watch the game even a 2nd time.

These are the posts that I just hate...idiotic claims of non sense to make a false point to support a biased false narrative. Lot of his passes were way off target? You say that with straight face? Knowing full well we all watched the same game? Geezus.

As ridiculous as those first 2 statements were, your post keeps getting worse the further one reads with this absurd claim that so many receivers were running wide open. And then it got even worse where you gave all the credit to Shady...let me see, was it Shady's whopping 78 yards that allowed us to beat Atlanta? Or how about his 3.8 YPC average? Or was it the whopping 32 yards receiving?

Bills won as a team this past week...defense, TT, the offense, Shady, Special Teams all made plays when we needed them and we won. TT played a good game and his stats would have been even better if not for multiple DROPS by his receivers, something you carefully left out because it doesn't support your non sense.

Congrats, you've won the dumbest post of the week award. I know you worked hard for it, and you deserve it.

Edited by Alphadawg7

With all due respect I would like to know what even makes you an authority on what you think you are seeing.......

Because unless you know the play calls...formations...what the defense is doing.....and taking into consideration that the reads could have changed before the snap you dont have a friggen clue.