Swimming Naked in Gym

Gugny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're old.

I'm even older.

Meadowbrook Jr High 65-66,66-67,67-68 no pool.

Eastern Hills High School 68-69,69-70,70-71 a pool but swim suits required. Nothing like dealing with your own wet suit and getting to the next class on time.

Edited by CowgirlsFan

I went to a poor school. No pool.

i went to a private school, so we didn't have a pool either.

on top of that, it was an all boy school, and students were so paranoid about being labeled gay, that guys typically wouldn't even shower after games.

Damn, been a long time since I heard North Junior High. I was Prince of Peace in LaSalle. Where was North? I just cannot remember.

We would go to LaSalle Jr High for some reason to swim when i was little, maybe up till i was about 11 or 12 (74)..always no suits!

It was on Cleveland Avenue and 16th Street. (Btw, every school I attended in the Falls, 22nd St, Cleveland Ave, North Jr and the old Niagara Falls High School, are closed )

I also went to North Junior, but I'm a bit older than you. We were required to swim naked. I think Mr. Getz and coach Mazza got off on it.

BTW, while I wasn't a big fan of running around with a bunch of naked boys, I don't think I'd like having to pick some random school-supplied swimsuit out of a pile, either.

Going to North Jr had its perks, though. After school, we'd often pop into the Ontario House for a few quick beers---in 8th grade! The owner was very old, and I don't think she could see well or had any idea how old anyone was.

was this Vince Mazza or his brother? Vince was at LaSalle when I was there, and man the stuff he got away with is just crazy. One hell of a racist for sure.

And when you pissed him off and he "mazza Bounced" you into he wall, man that freaking hurt! He would be in jail for that stuff now.

It was Orlando Mazza and he was my gym teacher the year that they finally ended the no swimsuit policy. I remember that he called us all together and said, "One of you pu**ies went to your parents and so now beginning next week you're to bring a swimsuit or you will not be allowed in the pool."

I agree with Dean that he got off on watching nude boys.

This seems regional.

You guys were all swimming in the Buff-alo.

See what I did there? Pure gold.

It's not. A guy I work with swam nekkid in Hammond, Indiana schools. Another guy went to school in Chicago, same thing. Both born around 1958-1960.

We just happen to be all Bills fans. You are getting screwed results.

Remember... This is right when the social norm on this was changing.

Ask the older guys in different areas about this. I work with a 20 year, retired Army Vet. He's from Puerto Rico... But he was born 1973. He views it as we do... Strange. The younger soldiers like him noticed big differences the way older soldiers conducted themselves while in the locker room, etc... Older guys would walk aroung nude, talk, make conversations like nothing was strange... While younger guys would cover up. The younger soldiers would call the old guys "free ballers"... LoL...

There was also a thread on this subject: what was the age cut-off, birth year when stuff like public nudity started becoming taboo? I think I pinned it @ late 1960s to mid-1970s.

But carry on the good fight Gug! Weave the narrative... It's good for general understanding of the many quirks of modern society. An over sexualized society.

It's not. A guy I work with swam nekkid in Hammond, Indiana schools. Another guy went to school in Chicago, same thing. Both born around 1958-1960.

We just happen to be all Bills fans. You are getting screwed results.

Remember... This is right when the social norm on this was changing.

Ask the older guys in different areas about this. I work with a 20 year, retired Army Vet. He's from Puerto Rico... But he was born 1973. He views it as we do... Strange. The younger soldiers like him noticed big differences the way older soldiers conducted themselves while in the locker room, etc... Older guys would walk aroung nude, talk, make conversations like nothing was strange... While younger guys would cover up. The younger soldiers would call the old guys "free ballers"... LoL...

There was also a thread on this subject: what was the age cut-off, birth year when stuff like public nudity started becoming taboo? I think I pinned it @ late 1960s to mid-1970s.

But carry on the good fight Gug! Weave the narrative... It's good for general understanding of the many quirks of modern society. An over sexualized society.

On my ship, we had shower stalls that had curtains. But there was no room to dry off, so everyone dried off in the "common area" in the middle of the stalls. We had a name for the guys who took a little too long to dry off ... "kock watchers."

Edited by Gugny

Oh... Gug... You need to go on Pats** board and ask this. Probably not strange @ all there, they probably still practice this in New England schools. They gotta teach the young to man the Tom Brady Glory Hole early.

This weeks Tommy Terrific Glory Hole:

"Stephon Gilmore and the bad Defense"

Oh... Gug... You need to go on Pats** board and ask this. Probably not strange @ all there, they probably still practice this in New England schools. They gotta teach the young to man the Tom Brady Glory Hole early.

This weeks Tommy Terrific Glory Hole:

"Stephon Gilmore and the bad Defense"

Cool band name.

On my ship, we had shower stalls that had curtains. But there was no room to dry off, so everyone dried off in the "common area" in the middle of the stalls. We had a name for the guys who took a little too long to dry off ... "kock watchers."

My son's dorms @ Iowa had individual roomed showers, but conmunal sinks. No wonder why things cost so much! Back in the 1980s college, it was all communal. No coed dorms.

This year... My son is living in Iowa City, off campus apartment, shacking up with his girlfriend... Betcha there is communal nudity there... LoL... Don't know if I should be laughing or crying. I am too young for the next step in life! :-/

Cool band name.

LoL!

It was EII this year, man. I'm innocent!

Agreed. He seems to enjoy talking about swimming naked with his fellow classmates.

My school, no swimming naked. Elementary school we'd be bussed up to the high school for swimming classes which were coed. In high school I don't remember have any swimming in gym classs. Some of the sports teams would use the pool as part of their workouts, we did when I was doing cross country. Since both girls and guys had the same coach we'd practice together, so no naked swimming.

I do seem to remember him bringing it up in other years, too.

As for me, we didn't have a pool at school, but when I went to day camp, this crazy **** is how it was.

was this Vince Mazza or his brother? Vince was at LaSalle when I was there, and man the stuff he got away with is just crazy. One hell of a racist for sure.

And when you pissed him off and he "mazza Bounced" you into he wall, man that freaking hurt! He would be in jail for that stuff now.

It was on Cleveland Avenue and 16th Street. (Btw, every school I attended in the Falls, 22nd St, Cleveland Ave, North Jr and the old Niagara Falls High School, are closed )

It was Orlando Mazza and he was my gym teacher the year that they finally ended the no swimsuit policy. I remember that he called us all together and said, "One of you pu**ies went to your parents and so now beginning next week you're to bring a swimsuit or you will not be allowed in the pool."

I agree with Dean that he got off on watching nude boys.

Yup, Orlando Mazza. A real freak. At times, he'd make us wait in the showers for quite a long time, while he finished eating. Only then could we go into the pool. "Nobody goes into the pool until I finish my pizza!", he'd yell. His family owned Honey's Pizzeria, BTW. I think he played in the Canadian Football League, though it could have been semi-pro, somewhere.

After reading a few more posts, it occurred to me you COULD opt to wear a suit, but you would be singled out and chastised. And, yes, the girls wore swim suits. Don't ask me how I know. :flirt:

I do seem to remember him bringing it up in other years, too.

As for me, we didn't have a pool at school, but when I went to day camp, this crazy **** is how it was.

See!

My Bro had me so rattled... It's a permanent part of my psyche.

But I never made a thread on it. That includes the one thread about what year/age this culturally shifted. That I am sure was Gug. ;-)

I am strange, but maintain decorum on schit like this.

Yup, Orlando Mazza. A real freak. At times, he'd make us wait in the showers for quite a long time, while he finished eating. Only then could we go into the pool. "Nobody goes into the pool until I finish my pizza!", he'd yell. His family owned Honey's Pizzeria, BTW. I think he played in the Canadian Football League, though it could have been semi-pro, somewhere.

After reading a few more posts, it occurred to me you COULD opt to wear a suit, but you would be singled out and chastised. And, yes, the girls wore swim suits. Don't ask me how I know. :flirt:

WTF!

LMAO...

He was just finishing his pizza. We think way too deep on these issues now! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Why is this so hard to fathom. We are in a hyper sexualized world now. Up through the early 1900s women were not allowed swin with men. In Victorian England, they would back a changing cart onto the beach and women would swim out the back door. LoL... I guess that is hyper sexualized but strict rules.

Logistically, they thought simpler back then when it came to males. Heck, in Lincoln's time, guys hot bunked and shared beds because beds were such a luxury.

Sure there were the perves... But society is more liberal now... Hence the change in societial structure. Barriers busted down here become other barriers there.

Communal bathing, etc... Was cost effective.

show me on the doll where the gym teacher touched you

Ha ha!

m'neitherif it was freezing water, who cares what's what

That would not be swimming, that would be skating. And sliding on my bare arse.

show me on the doll where the gym teacher touched you

If the teacher had to be naked too, that might have ended it. Or made it MUCH worse! Yikes!

i went to a private school, so we didn't have a pool either.

on top of that, it was an all boy school, and students were so paranoid about being labeled gay, that guys typically wouldn't even shower after games.

Same here, and yet I'm astonished at the number of former class mates who turned out to be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean a few were/are obvious, but there are quite a few headscratchers - going both ways (if you know what i mean).

I think i took 3 showers the entire 4 years of HS.

A lot of my friends went to Cheektowaga HS (78-82) and they had to swim naked and to a man, they ALL hated it.

Edited by Philly McButterpants

Same here, and yet I'm astonished at the number of former class mates who turned out to be gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I mean a few were/are obvious, but there are quite a few headscratchers - going both ways (if you know what i mean).

I think i took 3 showers the entire 4 years of HS.

A lot of my friends went to Cheektowaga HS (78-82) and they had to swim naked and to a man, they ALL hated it.

i actually only know of one student from my class that is gay now, (we only had a class of 135 or so). i remember him being given a pretty tough time about it too. not physical bullying, but definite name calling. his nickname was, "the sassy sailor". i can honestly say i wasn't a part of it, but he put up with years of nonsense.

i may have you beat...i took 0 showers in my school. 0. that's after playing football and running track. just left all gross. everyone did.

Edited by teef

i actually only know of one student from my class that is gay now, (we only had a class of 135 or so). i remember him being given a pretty tough time about it too. not physical bullying, but definite name calling. his nickname was, "the sassy sailor". i can honestly say i wasn't a part of it, but he put up with years of nonsense.

i may have you beat...i took 0 showers in my school. 0. that's after playing football and running track. just left all gross. everyone did.

What year did you graduate?

:lol:

One of my drinking buddies is gay as can be, and I'm sure he's going to get a good laugh at that.

it depends on the guy. my best friends brother is gay, and he finds this stuff hilarious. my brother in law is gay, and he is not cool with it...at all.

What year did you graduate?

in 95.

it depends on the guy. my best friends brother is gay, and he finds this stuff hilarious. my brother in law is gay, and he is not cool with it...at all.

in 95.

I could have pinned you @ that year. You were born about 1978. Ten years after me.

There was huge social & cultural change in those 10 short years between the time I was born & you were born. I saw both sides of that change.

My best buddy is gay. He's open to joking about it in any fashion.

I have a gay coworker who, like your bro-in-law, is not cool with it.

My best buddy is gay. He's open to joking about it in any fashion.

I have a gay coworker who, like your bro-in-law, is not cool with it.

My nephew is gay. He's 22. Hes more open about it. Now, my brother's best friend is gay. He's open to joking, all the time, it's a central focus in his life... The humor. All the rest of my brother's friends are hetero as it gets. Get that group of 53 year olds together for a Bills game in Miami and they are relentless. I cringe at the how open both groups are when we meet up for a Bills game.

Yep... Same group that swam together nekkid in Grade 7. It's like they never left Jr.High. Like children when we meet up for a game. They all go to a strip club, gay guy pouts...Dancer comes up to him, he just sits there and smirks and says: "Doing nothing for me." He was married and has two children before he came out of the closet. Then after the strip club, the group of friends gotta take gay friend to a gay club. Not schitting you. He then becomes a kid in a candy shop and the rest of the friends endure. Totally open and accepting that group of friends. Quite impressive! The stories I can tell from our Miami trips!

May have missed if this link was posted earlier, but Rochester D&C recently did an article on the subject:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/columnists/andreatta/2017/09/22/andreatta-when-boys-swam-nude-gym-class/694542001/

I went to Charlotte High, featured in the story, in Rochester (pronounced "Sha-Lot") in the 70s and we did indeed swim in the raw. Never gave it another thought until I saw the article. The swim coach pictured, George Graham, was also my football coach.

in 95.

I am trying to connect the dots on my "BIL'is gay. Married to your brother or sister? Or some kind of thing I am not thinking about.

Funny you say never took a a shower is school. I remember going the Y in the Falls for family nights on Friday nights as young as age 8 and showering, even with a bunch of old fellas in the showers. Steam room and sauna was all naked as well, never thought about it.

I was also a year-round swimmer, and we would never think of leaving the school pool without showering, the chlorine was just so damn strong.

I started Edison Tech in September 1972 also. Second day in, I got my ass kicked by some thugs at a nearby bus stop. Determined then that Edison wasn't the place for me, and transferred back "home" to Charlotte.

Edison Tech HS. 1972 to 1974. Bathing suit optional

May have missed if this link was posted earlier, but Rochester D&C recently did an article on the subject:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/local/columnists/andreatta/2017/09/22/andreatta-when-boys-swam-nude-gym-class/694542001/

I went to Charlotte High, featured in the story, in Rochester (pronounced "Sha-Lot") in the 70s and we did indeed swim in the raw. Never gave it another thought until I saw the article. The swim coach pictured, George Graham, was also my football coach.

And it happened here in MidWest too. I know people of that generation that claim the same thing

wow, amazing to me that the genesis of the story is the school banning the use of locker rooms to change in before/after gym. I get the cell phone concern, but damn that gots to be some stinky classrooms in that school.

So funny, showers were MANDATORY after gym class at LaSalle, no excuses.