Swimming Naked in Gym

Gugny

Black Creek Village. Look it up. ;) Not to be confused with Black Creek Pioneer Village.

Hey Pal, I represent that remark!

And whats wrong with a little dioxin with your Cheerios in the morning!

As mentioned earlier, naked swimming at LaSalle was a thing, and this place funeled into LaSalle

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoover Jr. High & Kenmore West Sr. High = '73 thru '76

No swim suits during swim (gym) class.

What was worse was you had to lay on your back on the pool deck, lift up your feet to show the gym teacher you did (or didn't) have warts or athlete's foot!

How f'd up is that!

Death blow to this thread, don't ever accuse me of not finishing:

"To accurately understand history, when studying culture of past eras, one must disassociate their self from current cultural norms."

Boy ain't that the truth.

We are all guilty of violating this rule from time to time. Gugny has to be the absolute worse @ it. God love him for all his good, well intentioned qualities. Did there really need to be a thread on this subject? Like a poster said above, maybe Gug should hook up w/the BN Sport's Editor to investigate WNY's "hidden shame" of swimming nekkid in gym class and maybe sneak OJ off the Wall of Fame while they are at it. You got my $2.99/mo (except for the SJW OJ thing).

Yet, it's been an interesting history lesson this thread, sorry to drop the nuclear bomb on the: "you guys are all a bunch of weirdos in Western New York for swimming nekkid narrative."

My goodness, it took me all of about 3.5 seconds going conventional with a Google search to debunk that half-azzed narrative.

Yes. Jr High and Sr High. 1960-1966. Gym class was a mix of all grade levels.

Always thought the swim coach was weird. "Skins back!"

Didn't know WTF he was talking about.

Talk about intimidating.

The Seniors recoiled in horror when their gaze met my battering ram. :ph34r::w00t::nana:

Yes. Jr High and Sr High. 1960-1966. Gym class was a mix of all grade levels.

Always thought the swim coach was weird. "Skins back!"

Didn't know WTF he was talking about.

Talk about intimidating.

The Seniors recoiled in horror when their gaze met my battering ram. :ph34r::w00t::nana:

Wow Nanker... You're ancient. You sure you weren't in the Walt Disney, 1960 production of Pollyanna:

post-1877-0-19373200-1507159066_thumb.jpg

:-P

Honestly, joking aside, there are practical reasons for all this (even your weird "skins back" story). This stuff is out there by today's norms!

So who is in for the 518 naked swim ?

LoL...

General announcement to TBD members: Is there a way to block mead107?...or at least get an order of protection?

Those older guys! They're are quite the willing "free ballers."

:-/

Fellow TBD members.

It appears that our intervention for Exiled's infatuation with naked gym swimming has been a success.

Exiled has had a breakthrough, doing more research than most people do in order to obtain a PhD.

We thank Exiled for the trivial information that we can all, now, take to the grave, with regard to naked gym swimming in American history.

All we can ask, is that when Ken Burns comes knocking on Exiled's door so he can pick his brain for a 10-part series on naked gym swimming - that he remembers NOT ONE ... but ALL OF US ... who have contributed to this social experiment.

Let us pray.

But don't kneel.

That will just create another schit storm thread.

Amen.

Here's what you can take out of all this. At Casey Middle they did a thing to see who could swim one length under water without a breath. About half the kids made it one length, and the others barely gasped to the other end. I not only got to the other end without a breath, I turned around and returned to where I started without popping up for air. I am either very long winded (if you've been here a while you might be nodding) or THAT'S how bad I did not want to come out of the water.

Or both....

On a brighter note, I have a friend who says he couldn't afford to lose any of his or he'd be an inny instead of an outty.

Fellow TBD members.

It appears that our intervention for Exiled's infatuation with naked gym swimming has been a success.

Id call it a failure. Who would really want everyone to know that they are obsessed with thinking about teen and preteen boys swimming naked?

Social Justice Warrioring

Let it go. No need for a thread. Just like your OJ BS thinking the Bills should remove him from the Wall of Fame @ the stadium.

1. Lighten up, Francis! It was a fun topic and better than another thread about Tyrod.

2. You're not baiting me into that discussion, but I'm glad you remember my stance, which will never change.

Man swimming naked in school, I remember that. Everyone used to point at how large I was made me feel like it was a problem, man were they wrong now looking back on it.

Yes it was a thing in WNY schools, I think the Catholic schools started it before the public's did it.

Edited by xRUSHx

Man swimming naked in school, I remember that. Everyone used to point at how large I was made me feel like it was a problem, man were they wrong now looking back on it.

Yes it was a thing in WHY schools.

as a total BS detector, what was your nickname?

hmmm...

Penn State football had an interesting naked gym routine for awhile there until they got Weinstein-ed out of the media whitewash

No BS man, I also remember after swimming was done the coach used to line us all up and before we would shower naked he would look at the bottoms of our feet. Standing in a naked line was horrible and then the coach would get his face in your junk to look at your feet. I think he said he was looking for athletes feet or something, I think it was something else now looking back at it.

Edited by xRUSHx

for baseball we had the "are you wearing your cup test" before each game.

I also remember that

I also remember the nurse at the school used to give physicals once a year and all the boys would have to line up to go in and cough if you know what I mean. Also remember getting that huge chicken pox shot at school

Edited by xRUSHx

for baseball we had the "are you wearing your cup test" before each game.

I barely missed weight for a football game once and my buddy was teasing me. Then he had to knock on the cup he wasn't wearing. We watched that game together from the sideline.

for one friends' 13 year old baseball team they'd line up on the foul line before each game and the coach would tap them with the bat for cup wearing, if you weren't strapped in you'd bow out a few before he got to you.

i don't think you would die from getting squared with a baseball and no cup, but you might get mentally deranged for the rest of your existence, everyone laughing wouldn't help the recover.

for one friends' 13 year old baseball team they'd line up on the foul line before each game and the coach would tap them with the bat for cup wearing, if you weren't strapped in you'd bow out a few before he got to you.

i don't think you would die from getting squared with a baseball and no cup, but you might get mentally deranged for the rest of your existence, everyone laughing wouldn't help the recover.

I tell ya I'm a little messed up from the swimming naked era. The kids used to hum that imperial march song (that comes on every time Darth Vador would get on the screen). In lunch I swear they had almost all the kids doing it, it was so loud, the teacher mods had no idea it was aimed at me or why they were doing it. I got in a bunch of fights over it and still to this day I hear it and it brings me back to that day. I love star wars but man I wish they would ban that song.

I barely missed weight for a football game once and my buddy was teasing me. Then he had to knock on the cup he wasn't wearing. We watched that game together from the sideline.

I was reading once how "cup wearing" in NFL ebbs and flows from wearing to not wearing. One Eagles equipment manager went on to say, they stock them, have whole bunch on selves but players won't wear them.

Then there's this:

http://www.espn.com/general/page2/story?id=7065641&src=desktop

One name: Virgil Livers. The Joe Theismann of all testicle trauma:

"Flem File: Great balls of pain"

"As part of my reporting for a treatise on testicles in the current Body Issue of ESPN The Magazine I traveled all the way to Bowling Green, Ky., to ask former Chicago Bears cornerback Virgil Livers about the grotesque injury he suffered in 1976 -- the one that made him, in my mind, the Joe Theismann of testicle trauma...

...Late in his second season with the Bears, Livers was blocking at the end of a punt return inside Soldier Field when a member of the Raiders jumped the pile to avoid a late hit and, instead, came down knee-first into Livers' lap. Just before the guy landed, Livers distinctly remembers a split-second moment when, he swears, they locked eyes and the player shot him a kind of "helpless, I'm sooo sorry" look.

It didn't help. The testicle exploded on contact. (Livers wasn't wearing a cup and, incredibly, wore one for only a short time afterward.) The testicle, in case you missed that, EXPLODED ON CONTACT. Livers, though, went back out onto the field for the next defensive series until his scrotum swelled to the size of a large orange and began obstructing his stride..."

If thay doesn't get you to wear one, nothing will!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yes it was a thing in WNY schools, I think the Catholic schools started it before the public's did it.

I can't think of one Catholic school that had a swimming pool.

I can't think of one Catholic school that had a swimming pool.

Catholics don't swim. Don't like the water

Good Example: Ireland is an island and had a great famine... What about all that fish?

J/K... Come to think of it, you may be right. My children's High School here was built in 1959. No pool either. Their swim team contracts out the natatorium @ the public high school nearby.

Now us @ W.Seneca had a pool in Jr.High (7,8,& 9th) and @ Sr.High level too. I went to West, but East had pools too. In fact, I took my swimming lessons early (@ 7 years old) @ East. And yes, we wore suits!