Swimming Naked in Gym

Gugny

:lol: Not that I remember. It was the principal that had the monopoly on creepy, as I recall.

I take it that you went to Williamsville North after Casey?

Started 6th grade when Casey opened and went to North after that. Ive tried to find a reason why they had us swim naked but never found a good answer. Neither did this guy:

http://www.chicagonow.com/open-heart/2014/08/swimming-naked-in-gym-class-really-happened/

Edited by WotAGuy

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started 6th grade when Casey opened and went to North after that. Ive tried to find a reason why they had us swim naked but never found a good answer. Neither did this guy:http://www.chicagonow.com/open-heart/2014/08/swimming-naked-in-gym-class-really-happened/

That is so strange. The gym teachers were queer!!'

Union East Elementary 68 Cheektowaga Central Jr High 69-71 CCHS 71-75. Naked all these years. Girls had one-piece suits. Had to have your head on a swivel when they had those red dodge balls in the pool are. Someone would always aim at fhe nuts of days walking around not paying attention. We could always see the girls trying to peek through the crack into the pool area. If a guy was an a-hole they would sometimes shove them through the doors so they would get stuck on the girls locker room side.

Eden HS '90. No naked swimming, but if you forgot your suit you had to pull one out of the nasty community speedo bin.

Swimming naked? WTF! Did people go to gym class at a prison or bathhouse or something?! JHC, times had changed! Anyone of you forced skinny dippers look to see if your former gym teacher is a registered sex offender? F$&k me that's creepy!

Started 6th grade when Casey opened and went to North after that. Ive tried to find a reason why they had us swim naked but never found a good answer. Neither did this guy:

http://www.chicagonow.com/open-heart/2014/08/swimming-naked-in-gym-class-really-happened/

Well, I had a lot of issues with school both at Casey and at Williamsville North. I resolved some of them by not going to gym class at all. I eventually graduated after going to summer school for 2 gyms and 1 english class. Needless to say, my issues with phys-ed entailed much more than swimming in the buff.

:lol: Not that I remember. It was the principal that had the monopoly on creepy, as I recall.

I take it that you went to Williamsville North after Casey?

My friends and my sister went to north. I got shipped in to St Joe's. Three hours on the bus round trip until I got a car as a junior.

Haha; I was thinking the same. I am sure they washed those all the time too.

Almost every year! Or did they consider you wearing it into the pool a good washing?

Junior High school we swam naked ... High school we wore swim trunks.

Gates-Chili baby

Always skinny dipped at the quarry .... Ellison Park or the one by Shadow Creek golf club ?

I think it's the golf club. Definitely not Ellison Park.

What is now know as Shadow Lake

So many prudish people. There is nothing wrong with swimming in the buff

At HS did you not shower after gym, with 30 other classmates?

It was EII this year, man. I'm innocent!

Agreed. He seems to enjoy talking about swimming naked with his fellow classmates.

My school, no swimming naked. Elementary school we'd be bussed up to the high school for swimming classes which were coed. In high school I don't remember have any swimming in gym classs. Some of the sports teams would use the pool as part of their workouts, we did when I was doing cross country. Since both girls and guys had the same coach we'd practice together, so no naked swimming.

The quarry at Ellison park is a lot bigger than it was 35 years ago, we used to go there.

Gym class was a waste of time in high school. Class length was 45 minutes and they gave us 10 minutes to get into gym clothes and 10 minutes to shower and change back. by the time we got out to the field, have attendance checked and picked teams, we had about 15 minutes at best of activity. I seem to remember a lot of 1 inning softball games.

Our school had a towel fee. 5-10 bucks a year to pay for washing them. One old gym teacher. Mr Fraiser, would say to the guys who would horse around in gyn class "You guys are the same guys who don't pay their towel fee". Did that every . Mark Mann should remember him.

Had one guy who was a junivile delinquent. Jumped someone outside while running back in and broke the guys arm. Last we saw of him.

I worked with Andy for many years before moving to NJ and still play in a fantasy football league with him. Auburn was a fun town to visit. I remember a bar that had an electric chair I think.

Swaby's is the bar with the electric chair. I believe it was used at Auburn Prison way back in the day. Cool spot.

Yeah, Andy actually used to live upstairs from me way back in the day. My father rented the apartment downstairs, and his family owned the building. He was one of the nicest kids I ever met, honestly.

Pretty damn good HS quarterback too. There was a homecoming game vs West Genny...Andy injured his leg in the final minutes and a couple of his linemen carried him down the field as he finished the game winning drive on one leg. You should ask him about that. Great dude.

West Seneca West. Born 1968. Graduated 1986. Jr. High had pool/swim class, they went co-ed my Grade 7 year. Was first year boys didn't swim nekkid. My brother, born 1964... They did. The one kid that in my Bros class wore a swimsuit because his "mother made him"... They bullied him mercilessly. He looks back on it now like they were the strange ones.

I talked to co-workers here in the MidWest... Story is the same from that post-war generation.

Now... Also... It was always tri-mesters of: Art class, Music, & either Home Economics (for girls) or Industrial Arts (IA) (for boys) starting in Grade 7. For my class born in 1968, that changed too. Everybody took Home Ec & IA. They made the classes "Quarters."

So... Yes... 1968 born class was when the social engineering started and they started trying to make Snowflakes out of everybody. You know... Turn boys into being more girl like. In West Seneca that is.

Unfortunately, being on cusp, it didn't work with me! Yet, I a lover not a fighter... And I do know how to cook & sew. :-)

BTW... Since 2012, you now need 13 "Required Merit Badges" for Eagle Scout. 21 total. They finally made "Cooking" Merit Badge" required in 2012. They should make "Wilderness Survival" & "Rifle & Blackpowder" Merit Badge required. I earned it and my son as an Eagle earned them. It makes everything else moot. If you can survive in woods, you can eat. But, I guess Eagles were coming out with niether... Probably a handful of "American Business", & "Reading" Merit Badges as electives.

Oh... Swimming Merit Badge is required. Swimming, Hiking, or Cycling... Scout takes his pick of one or more.

There... I threw a lot out there how Anerican society is changing.