Swimming Naked in Gym

Gugny

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Casey Middle in Williamsville in the early 70's. Grades 6-8 and started there the year it opened. The guys were naked and the girls got a school issued one piece. My wife didn't believe me. She asked my mother "are you F%&*#@! Kidding me? You let this happen?" My mom shrugged.... ;)

Graduated in '97. Auburn High School. Always wore swim trunks when we went for swimming lessons at the YMCA. Went every year for a couple week during elementary school.

My varsity sports teams always showered together after practices and games. Kids don't do that anymore these days.

I graduated HS in '06, played hockey and lacrosse. Showering in the locker room after hockey was the norm. When me and the handful of other guys who played both sports did it at lacrosse the rest of the team looked at us like we were nuts the first few times. Eventually a few of the non-hockey guys started doing it, but it never caught on with the majority of the team.

Each year, it seems, this topic comes up.

I was born/raised in NENY (Queensbury - about an hour north of Albany) and as kids (through high school) we always HAD to wear school-supplied bathing suits.

They were Speedo-ish, but not as night. Blue and silky. Before gym, there would be a huge bin of them and we each had to fish for one that looked like it fit. After gym, we'd throw the wet bathing suits into another bin.

I graduated high school in 1989 - because the "when," in this discussion is relevant.

I'm wondering if the "where" is just a relevant.

NO schools in my area gave "no bathing suit" as an option. There was no naked gym swimming.

But it seems that this was commonplace in Western NY.

Was there naked gym swimming where you lived?

I'm taking the thread title as an invitation and yes.

I went to Casey Middle in Williamsville in the early 70's. Grades 6-8 and started there the year it opened. The guys were naked and the girls got a school issued one piece. My wife didn't believe me. She asked my mother "are you F%&*#@! Kidding me? You let this happen?" My mom shrugged.... ;)

I was at Casey middle as well the year it opened. I was in 8th grade. Remember substitute teacher Al Bemiller? That was so long ago.

Only one kid in my gym class wore a swim suit while at the pool (the placards on the doors didn't say "pool", they said "natatorium") and he was ostracized mercilessly for it.

I was at Casey middle as well the year it opened. I was in 8th grade. Remember substitute teacher Al Bemiller? That was so long ago.

Only one kid in my gym class wore a swim suit while at the pool (the placards on the doors didn't say "pool", they said "natatorium") and he was ostracized mercilessly for it.

What I remember most clearly was looking out those round windows at the frozen, snow covered track and soccer field and thinking "it's COLD in here!" No, I'm not making excuses! Haha And when it was warmer, it's not like it was one way glass. If the girls didn't have suits, I would have found my way out there. :)

Did Al Bemiller play for the Bills? I'm too lazy to look up why that name is so familiar.

This blows my mind. What is the reason for swimming naked? Why not play kickball naked. Why aren't the girls naked. So many questions.

Well, on the bright side....maybe it did prepare me for college. One of our buddies had a key to the "Natatorium", and when the bars closed we would go there, but the girls didn't have suits. My kind of girls. :)

Junior High school we swam naked ... High school we wore swim trunks.

Gates-Chili baby

Edison Tech HS. 1972 to 1974. Bathing suit optional

1975 was the year girls were allowed to attend the former all boys school.
Rochester NY if you didn't know

If you "snuck off" to the Pendield quarry after school
There was lots of nude bathing

Always skinny dipped at the quarry .... Ellison Park or the one by Shadow Creek golf club ?

Edited by frostbitmic

What I remember most clearly was looking out those round windows at the frozen, snow covered track and soccer field and thinking "it's COLD in here!" No, I'm not making excuses! Haha And when it was warmer, it's not like it was one way glass. If the girls didn't have suits, I would have found my way out there. :)

Did Al Bemiller play for the Bills? I'm too lazy to look up why that name is so familiar.

He sure did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Bemiller

Junior High school we swam naked ... High school we wore swim trunks.

Gates-Chili baby

Always skinny dipped at the quarry .... Ellison Park or the one by Shadow Creek golf club ?

Hummm...this gives new meaning to the ""frost "" part of your screen name.

Was he looking in the creepy windows?

:lol: Not that I remember. It was the principal that had the monopoly on creepy, as I recall.

I take it that you went to Williamsville North after Casey?

Edited by Azalin

I never heard of such a thing as swimming in the nude at school. What the hell is going on?

at Iroquois we did it. Bud rider and ed stohre were the gay rods who watch us in the pool

Iroquois Middle School...70's. Yes...nude. And the pool was freezing cold. Graduated up to "ball huggers" in high school if you forgot your swim suit.

Bud rider was gay!! He liked to paddle everyone there.

Hear is a great t shirt

post-1623-0-52505700-1506826986_thumb.jpg