Justin Timberlake to be Super Bowl half time performer?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It never made much sense to me that they so drastically change the routine for the most important game. It seems like putting entertainment ahead of the game to extend the halftime duration

The music aspect tends to be pretty "whatever" though

I agree. Id rather change it and have a "Kickoff Show".

It would also allow the band or performer to actually sing their stuff. A mini kickoff concert.

Oh, god no. Talentless dancing little puppet pandering his schtick loch of poor quality entertainment to those that can't get enough.

Houston was terrible and should have been done by George Strait, btw.

Yea. We need George Strait. "Got sum luvin from my cousin. Now we got a bun in the oven". Now thats music. Inbreedin, beer, and tobaccy. Yee haw.

Yea. We need George Strait. "Got sum luvin from my cousin. Now we got a bun in the oven". Now thats music. Inbreedin, beer, and tobaccy. Yee haw.

yep, that's exactly what George Strait is all about. Of all country and Country Music you should be ashamed of yourself to insult that man

Oh, god no. Talentless dancing little puppet pandering his schtick loch of poor quality entertainment to those that can't get enough.

What a humorless out of touch little man you are.

What a humorless out of touch little man you are.

opinions vary with George Strait is much more talented than Justin Timberlake

Country blows. Always has. Always will.

opinions vary... Yada yada... It's still the most popular in the country, as well as radio format
he's a lot of things, but a fraud is number one. Talented Entertainer but that doesn't mean much he's the pop music version of Garth Brooks

"I was milkin my cow. Then I made love to a sow." Yee haw Wilbur. Pass me the moonshine and our sister when your done with her.

In all seriousness Im sure George Strait is great. Just never was a country fan and its really fun and easy to poke fun at it. Metal and hard rock are my first love but I like most music. John 5 is an amazing guitar player who currently plays with Rob Zombie. I mention him because KD Lang hired him for one of her tours. Hes a big country fan and a very accomplished country guitar player in addition to totally shredding it as a rock guitar player.

Edited by Billsmovinup

I can't say I really listen to Timberlake but he's one of the most talented entertainers in the world. How in the world you can't see that is a little suspicious

Like I said Im hard rock/metal first and foremost and I generally despise boy bands and anything related to them but Timberlake is the real deal. Lady gaga as well. Shes got an incredible voice.

U2 and Prince were two terrific super bowl halftime shows.

Saw U2 at new era 9/5. Great show. Saw prince in the 80s at the aud. He was great also.

Black Twitter was outraged at this today. That Janet Jackson has been blackballed from the Super Bowl, but Timberlake doing it shows the NFL is all about white male privilege.

I'm about the only one, but I don't like him and his cocky attitude, and I did not like that whole Nipplegate thing. But, it seems to me that he is just way more popular than her..............She wasn't even relevant anymore in 2004, and he's just got bigger since then.

Am I the only person who thinks that the halftime show should be abolished? Great stadium rock bands will all vanish from the earth soon, and there will be nothing. A band like AC DC before losing Brian Johnson is the perfect compliment to a sport like football. Nothing else works well. Most music popular these days is made for young women, not the type of music that fits football. We have nothing left beyond pop divas, and pretty boy pop and country stars. None of which work well with football.

No you are not. Football games are supposed to have a 12 minute half time, and for the championship game they change it to 45 minutes?? And for what? So some teeny-boppers can get all excited about some lame pop star lip syncing a couple crappy songs? Absurd.

Black Twitter was outraged at this today. That Janet Jackson has been blackballed from the Super Bowl, but Timberlake doing it shows the NFL is all about white male privilege.

I'm about the only one, but I don't like him and his cocky attitude, and I did not like that whole Nipplegate thing. But, it seems to me that he is just way more popular than her..............She wasn't even relevant anymore in 2004, and he's just got bigger since then.

:huh:

Check out his stuff with Jimmy Fallon and you may change your mind. He can sing, dance, is a good actor and hilarious too. The guy is ridiculously talented.......

He will go down as one of the greatest pure entertainers ever. He really can do it all.

I want Lady Gaga in back to back years or Metallica.

Gaga was strong last year, but watching Metallica in concert right now is as close to watching Nickelback as it gets. So unimpressed by what they have become. I know Hetfield would have to eventually get older, but why did he become so soft?

Gaga was strong last year, but watching Metallica in concert right now is as close to watching Nickelback as it gets. So unimpressed by what they have become. I know Hetfield would have to eventually get older, but why did he become so soft?

Gots to pay the beels!

He stopped drinking and found Jesus