Jim Kelly disrespected by Shady stretching during Anthem

JerseyBills

OK.. "Common Knowledge" gotcha..

nope.. obviously i didnt pay attention.

https://thedailyhatch.org/2011/11/17/jim-kellys-wife-jill-and-her-christian-testimony-part-1/

According to the advance copy, the book covers topics including:

* The infidelities committed by Jim throughout much of the couple’s marriage. Jill writes about how, within months of their 1996 wedding, she had to clean out reminders of other women from Jim’s past from his closets and drawers. Jim writes in the book that his wayward activities with other women almost killed his marriage — and that only his confession and rebirth in Jesus Christ saved him.

Edited by nucci

• Replies 654
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just Saw this on ESPN, Kelly said if you want to kneel that's fine , but what Shady did really bummed me out, I lost respect for him.

Not verbatim but you get the idea..

Jim - you're one of the great QB of the game.

Now STFU, OK?

You aren't the skin color that gets shot after being pulled over due to a busted tail light with no prior criminal record or other wrongdoing found (only a legally registered weapon) and the shooter walks and the NRA has nothing to say about it. (note: this is not the situation currently being protested in St Louis, but it's one of many incidents that spur the current protests. I don't agree with the protests, but I understand the basis)

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

OK.. "Common Knowledge" gotcha..

nope.. obviously i didnt pay attention.

Don't be dense. He and his wife have openly acknowledged it. He said he cheated shortly after his wedding night. Jim Kelly and 90's Bills partying is legendary.

Edited by blitzboy54

Jim - you're one of the great QB of the game.

Now STFU, OK?

You aren't the skin color that gets shot after being pulled over due to a busted tail light with no prior criminal record or other wrongdoing found (only a legally registered weapon) and the shooter walks and the NRA has nothing to say about it.

Actually, he is the skin color more likely to be shot by police in the same circumstances.

Don't be dense. He and his wife have openly acknowledged it. He said he cheated on his wedding night. Jim Kelly and 90's Bills partying is legendary.

:worthy: .. ok.. i always hated partying .. you got me.. love the piousness of this board.

Edited by dwight in philly

I have had the privilege of serving alongside these brave men and women for over 32 years personally witnessed the caskets being unloaded off the aircraft. I challenge each of you to make a trip to Walter Reed Medical Center and witness first-hand what these Brave individuals have done for you I guarantee you will think differently

The players have acknowledged that their intention is not to disrespect the military

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article175160636.html

Don't be dense. He and his wife have openly acknowledged it. He said he cheated on his wedding night. Jim Kelly and 90's Bills partying is legendary.

People dont want to hear that the Big 4 were generally pricks in everyday life.

Ive had sour experiences with a couple of them myself over the years. Nothing to boo-hoo about, but enough to lend credence to the rumors.

I have had the privilege of serving alongside these brave men and women for over 32 years personally witnessed the caskets being unloaded off the aircraft. I challenge each of you to make a trip to Walter Reed Medical Center and witness first-hand what these Brave individuals have done for you I guarantee you will think differently when these losers wearing costumes not uniforms disrespect our heros in uniform.

As mentioned, for them it's not about the military. Though many vets have come out on the players behalf.

Which vet is more important in the conversation? Or is there room for everyone under the tent? It feels like there's room for dissent without disrespect. And of course, thank you for your service.

Edited by NoSaint

The players have acknowledged that their intention is not to disrespect the military

and considering there are many vets who have acknowledged that they don't have a personal issue with it because part oaf their purpose in serving.is to fight and protect those people rights to have and express differing opinions and a right to protest.

I agree with what Drew Brees has said.

Unite not divide.

I also respect the players right to protest as long as the employer allows it. So far NFL is allowing it. My employer would not allow any of this as it would cost them money.

Edited by cba fan

People dont want to hear that the Big 4 were generally pricks in everyday life.

Ive had sour experiences with a couple of them myself over the years. Nothing to boo-hoo about, but enough to lend credence to the rumors.

same here. i remember going to the jim kelly football camp when i was in high school, and i can vividly remember thurman being an a-hole to a kid that was hurt and really wanted his autograph.

Yep. However, choosing that time guarantees very strong backlash. In my opinion, that backlash waters down their message.

I wonder how many players knew it was Gold Star Families Day?

Edited by TheElectricCompany

The more I get to know Shady through the media, the more I like him.

I always knew he was a good player but before he came to the Bills I had a vaguely poor opinion of him as a person. Since then I've seen that Shady's a good teammate. He takes every opportunity he can get to praise TT. And that's only part of a larger trend of speaking well about teammates and coaches. Plus Shady plays hard on every play. You can tell he's not only about the money and fame. He feels an obligation to the team

The whole kneeling thing is a multifaceted, complex issue. As a veteran, I choose to stand when I hear the national anthem to support the ideals of America and honor those who have fallen in her service. But I also support Shady's right to respond differently. Like several other players, he's made it clear he means no disrespect. He simply wants to bring attention to an important issue and express his solidarity with other players doing the same.

This is very different than say, Travis Henry, who neglected his children and did prison time for selling drugs. That's the kind of behavior that causes a player to lose my respect. Shady's not trying to hurt anyone - he's actually trying to be part of the solution.

Edited by hondo in seattle