We have #1 ranked Defense!!! [confirmed!]

CanadianFan

... and 6 picks in the top 3 rounds of the next draft. The real issue becomes 'how well will Mr. Bean do in his first NFL draft?' Will he draft our next HOF QB or the next EJ or JP Losman? I am hoping to see Darnold or whoever they like in a Bills uniform soon. I suspect there will be some serious wheeling and dealing going on after this season.

As a defense first guy, it is a huge relief to see us doing so well on that side of the ball. I am cautiously optimistic. I like Tyrod, but we need to aim higher if we want to win SB's. There are a few exceptions, but SB berths generally only go to teams with very good or elite QB's. We will also need to upgrade our WR corps and OL.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New England is last!

Yet they still win grrrrr

... and 6 picks in the top 3 rounds of the next draft. The real issue becomes 'how well will Mr. Bean do in his first NFL draft?' Will he draft our next HOF QB or the next EJ or JP Losman? I am hoping to see Darnold or whoever they like in a Bills uniform soon. I suspect there will be some serious wheeling and dealing going on after this season.

As a defense first guy, it is a huge relief to see us doing so well on that side of the ball. I am cautiously optimistic. I like Tyrod, but we need to aim higher if we want to win SB's. There are a few exceptions, but SB berths generally only go to teams with very good or elite QB's. We will also need to upgrade our WR corps and OL.

I would love to see the Bills restructure Marcell then trade him. This would allow us to push for Cousins. Then we can go into the draft and get lots of toys.

They play to outscore opponents and hope they stop them once or twice on defense.

They are also averaging 33 PPG.

I feel like we might actually have a shot at them this year. I think we can knock that 33 PPG average well down while scoring some points of our own against their terrible defense.

It's too bad we don't play them until so late in the year, where the games may not mean much.

Imagine if we had them at home in the next week or 2. I'd be pretty pumped for that game and the stadium would be going nuts.

Edited by Fadingpain

I don't watch NFL highlights nor do I watch other NFL games besides the Bills so I have a question to those who do.

Who have the Falcons played in their 3 weeks of football as far as the defense they were facing is concerned?

Why were they successful? Did they play any top 10 defenses. Just curious and thanks. Oh and also I would like to know, what would be our keys to victory.

I been on TBD even way before it says I first joined. I don't post much but i remember a time before Sunday when people would post a Keys to Victory thread on our next opponent. I used to like reading those and wish someone would take the initiative on making those threads again.

Did anyone else notice the absence of 99? I'm not a proponent of cutting the guy, but it is good to see that we are not dependent on him for it success.

Denver ripped off a couple of big runs. Don't think those would have made it past Dareus. Our run D is better with him in there.

I feel like we might actually have a shot at them this year. I think we can knock that 33 PPG average well down while scoring some points of our own against their terrible defense.

It's too bad we don't play them until so late in the year, where the games may not mean much.

Imagine if we had them at home in the next week or 2. I'd be pretty pumped for that game and the stadium would be going nuts.

i think it benefits the Bills to play them late. The O is still a work in progress, and the D will only get better.

Did anyone else notice the absence of 99? I'm not a proponent of cutting the guy, but it is good to see that we are not dependent on him for it success.

While we aren't dependent on him for success, a happy, healthy, MOTIVATED Dareus would make us so much better. But that Dareus may never show up.

The NFL changes so much from week to week that you can get very high on your team after a win or two or very low after a loss or two. The Bills are the team that I thought they would be. Very good on defense limited and conservative on offense, solid on special teams. Lets see how the Bills defense stacks up against the Falcons, if they put up a good performance against that offense I think you can feel that much more confident.

I have seen enough of this team and those other teams to know that we are better than the 6th rated D. We're in an entirely different league than some of those defenses (e.g., Steelers).

The Bills aren't 6th. They're going to be first this week. Don't pay attention to yardage; pay attention to FO.

Our defense might be a little overrated right now... Cam missed a wide open throw for one touchdown and we made a few important stands that were 50-50.

HOWEVER, there's no denying that this is a significantly improved defense.

You know what I love even more?

Bills had a top 5 defense before Rex came.

Bills had a bottom 5 defense during his tenure, with the same players.

Bills have a top 5-10 defense now that he's gone.

Pretty humbling for the "defensive mastermind" that is Rex Ryan.

They were 2nd overall in 2014. They were 27th in 2016 and 24th in 2015.

The Bills aren't 6th. They're going to be first this week. Don't pay attention to yardage; pay attention to FO.

They were 2nd overall in 2014. They were 27th in 2016 and 24th in 2015.

wow. just wow.

I thanked Marrone when he took the money and ran, then I cursed him when I figured out who Rex really was.

But if two years of Rex tanking a great D is price for getting McD - it may be worth it. Time will tell, but so far he seems to be The Guy at HC.

Just further proves just how freakin bad Rex was. Let face it, going into the season this secondary was not highly thought of. You lost the biggest FA CB in the league, traded away a 2nder rb CB, signed Hyde to mid level contract and Poyer was a former 7th rd FA. So at corner you are starting a rookie and a 6th rd pick of the Rams-Gaines. Plus it seems that past teams have kept more DBs on the roster.

What McDermott and Frazier have done with this group is the definition of coaching up, and Rex was regression...the game has passed him by.

Edited by billsfan714

McD and Frazier have been pretty impressive thus far with the D.

Unfortunately, as always, we have trouble being good on both sides of the ball. What Dennison has done with the run game is concerning.

Not ready to panic on that front just yet. The D-lines they have faced are all elite. They've done enough to win and set up play action