We have #1 ranked Defense!!! [confirmed!]

CanadianFan

Not ready to panic on that front just yet. The D-lines they have faced are all elite. They've done enough to win and set up play action

I feel like run games across the league are being shut down with regularity so far. Elliott last night had one run of 30 last night because of a missed tackle, but after that run he had 8 for 31 yards. He was being tackled in the backfield all night. Just thinking out loud, but I think what we're seeing is the result of ever-increasing athleticism on d-lines versus less athletic o-linemen who simply can't handle these dudes.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like run games across the league are being shut down with regularity so far. Elliott last night had one run of 30 last night because of a missed tackle, but after that run he had 8 for 31 yards. He was being tackled in the backfield all night. Just thinking out loud, but I think what we're seeing is the result of ever-increasing athleticism on d-lines versus less athletic o-linemen who simply can't handle these dudes.

That is because the standard of offensive lines across the league is at an all time low. The much vaunted Raiders like was horrible on SNF too..... one starts to think that the speed with which Carr gets the ball out makes them look much better than they are.

McD and Frazier have been pretty impressive thus far with the D.

Unfortunately, as always, we have trouble being good on both sides of the ball. What Dennison has done with the run game is concerning.

If it helps get the pass game going... we might actually have a chance in games where we need a score late in the game.

They also have played against two of the worst defenses. Pats offense against tougher defenses will be interesting. Is the end finally here?

This is a legit concern from the Pats...the offense is mostly rolling, however, its not perfect either and still missed Edelman a bunch. I do expect that to get better as Brady gets more familiar with the guys on the field like Cooks. But if the Pats need to outscore every opponent, they might find themselves in a real tough situation in the playoffs against a KC team where a couple of plays not going the Pats way really turned the game for the Chiefs. I would add teams like Denver into that as well...and dare I say, our very own Bills.

Its way too early to declare anything about us or them...but if we were playing the Pats in week 4, I would definitely have a different opinion now than I did in preseason about our ability to win that game (where I gave us about a 5% chance then). In fact, I would think the game is very winnable as I can see our O being capable of hanging 30+ on the Pats and our D capable of holding the Pats to under 30 the way they are playing.

This next week will be a good test to see where we are at as a team.

McD and Frazier have been pretty impressive thus far with the D.

Unfortunately, as always, we have trouble being good on both sides of the ball. What Dennison has done with the run game is concerning.

I agree, it's concerning. But Juan Castillo is the run game coordinator, and McDermott has said in interviews that Castillo is the one who puts the run game plan together.

So maybe it's not on Dennison (if it does continue to be an issue) is all I'm saying.