Bills Kicker speaks about inequality

MAJBobby

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for Hauschka.

I do like to think that racism has gotten better since I was a child. But it is definitely still there.

I don't know if it will ever go away completely, but it seems like these newer generations are becoming less and less racist than previous generations.

I don't think some will ever be able to overcome their racism, partly because they don't see themselves as racist. I know people who will openly talk about how they hate "n words" and won't talk to family members because of the color of skin of who they date. Yet they don't see themselves as racist. It's hard to address a problem with people who don't believe that problem exists, or don't realize that they are part of that problem.

Good for Hauschka.

I do like to think that racism has gotten better since I was a child. But it is definitely still there.

I don't know if it will ever go away completely, but it seems like these newer generations are becoming less and less racist than previous generations.

I don't think some will ever be able to overcome their racism, partly because they don't see themselves as racist. I know people who will openly talk about how they hate "n words" and won't talk to family members because of the color of skin of who they date. Yet they don't see themselves as racist. It's hard to address a problem with people who don't believe that problem exists, or don't realize that they are part of that problem.

My thoughts exactly. Even in "Canada the good" it exists. We're just more polite about it. (though in the north and maritimes, it's pretty starkly overt). Even in a big city like Toronto where visible minorities are 50% or more of the population.

People make assumptions based on appearances without even thinking consciously or with complete awareness. It's part of socialization and that's what's difficult to change.

But I see the younger generation interact and I can see how they look at each other in their eyes. They don't see color or social status and it warms my heart. There is hope yet for humanity.

News worthy? Only as click bait. Not real news. More like worthless non-news. Types of stories only posted to get someone's jack up - and you know it.

You're definitely addicted to the drama.

Also explains your repeated, incessant, nagging, Tyrod bashing even though every single member of this forum knows your entire position on him and has known it for like - ever.

Drama. That is your drug of choice.

And in case you are wondering - Yes I am a doc. Doc Polak. :lol:

Not real news. Ok so it never happened? Is this Trumps version of real or fake news.

Now if you didnt want yo read it there is a very easy way do not click the thread link.

Ooo and TT i havent mentioned him in a bit now but you and other seem to want to constantly bring him up to me.

You aren't stupid, so don't play stupid.

It's a thread about politics.

So you can read my mind really. Hmmm you should monatize that skill.

O and i would rather see this on the board and talk about this, something thag actually involves a Bills player over a Murderer Gang Bangers Lawyer talking about CTE

Edited by MAJBobby

Of course it exists and it'll always exist. It's human nature. Best way to get over it is if people just treat other people with respect and dignity until they do something not to warrant that respect.

I don't particularly care for NFL players speaking about this stuff. Just focus on your kicks

If you have the public platform and a good cause to talk about that doesn't distract you from your own game (make your damn kicks Steven!), then there's no problem with it.

I really think this kind of shitposting is underrated.

as an African American man, I truly think you are mistaken to what matters to the lives of every day Americans. We have been treated poorly.

Not real news. Ok so it never happened? Is this Trumps version of real or fake news.

Now if you didnt want yo read it there is a very easy way do not click the thread link.

Ooo and TT i havent mentioned him in a bit now but you and other seem to want to constantly bring him up to me.

So you can read my mind really. Hmmm you should monatize that skill.

O and i would rather see this on the board and talk about this, something thag actually involves a Bills player over a Murderer Gang Bangers Lawyer talking about CTE

you do a worser case for yourself every time you respond and cause more drama. It proves correct. Many of us agree with you. As a 43 yr old father of 3 in a mixed race marriage I understand the plight of those who feel as I do in my African American community

What do you expect from a liberal from Seattle? Inequality exists, NFL players make more than McDonald's employees. Shut up and play football or we will turn off the damn channel. We want gridiron warriors not social justice warriors.

Who's we?

I like what he has to say. I'm not going anywhere.

Also, he isn't claiming he is discriminated against. His salary is irrelevant. He is sticking up for "McDonald " employees or anyone else that is discriminated against.

Like others here have said. If simply pointing out support for equality puts you i a rage it's probably not him.

as an African American man, I truly think you are mistaken to what matters to the lives of every day Americans. We have been treated poorly.

you do a worser case for yourself every time you respond and cause more drama. It proves correct. Many of us agree with you. As a 43 yr old father of 3 in a mixed race marriage I understand the plight of those who feel as I do in my African American community

I hear that. There are a group of posters here that love to call people out. So I just point that out.

I hear that. There are a group of posters here that love to call people out. So I just point that out.

as a black man in my community i feel it is important to give back. do you give back in your community or help with causes? or do you just post articles on message boards to further the cause?

as a black man in my community i feel it is important to give back. do you give back in your community or help with causes? or do you just post articles on message boards to further the cause?

Yes i give back to the community. Heck even my job it all about the community

Yes i give back to the community. Heck even my job it all about the community

what about the grammar? is it ever about the grammar?

either way, you sound like a fine upstanding man. i'd let you take my sister out.

but, seriously, your choice to bring up this racial chatter only hurts the cause of my people. if you want to do something for the community, give me about $350 and i'll invest it directly to those in need. we are trying to build a new youth center for the kids in my ski town resort to keep them busy all year round and not turn to drugs. my sons classmate is part of the problem, Tad's father is trying to knock out some of the area to bring in a ski resort which only attracts riff raff. the drugs come with that. drugs are bad, k? that's the real problem here.

Edited by Boyst62

people are people....do the right thing. having 9 kids from 9 women. aint workng. burning and looting your neighbor's store aint working. notice i did not mention a color etc...people need to grow the f@@@ up and do right by each other. when a cop says stop...do it

what about the grammar? is it ever about the grammar?

either way, you sound like a fine upstanding man. i'd let you take my sister out.

but, seriously, you choice to bring up this racial chatter only hurts the cause of my people. if you want to do something for the community, give me about $350 and i'll invest it directly to those in need. we are trying to build a new youth center for the kids in my ski town resort to keep them busy all year round and not turn to drugs. drugs are bad, k? that's the real problem here.

You're killin me. :lol::lol:

people are people....do the right thing. having 9 kids from 9 women. aint workng. burning and looting your neighbor's store aint working. notice i did not mention a color etc...people need to grow the f@@@ up and do right by each other. when a cop says stop...do it

brilliant

This crap can wait until the off season when there plenty of time for people to cry that they were mistreated. Can the babies wait until after mid February can we just focus on football. .

"Mommy, those bad men treated me bad and called me names. It's not fair! Lets protest."

Edited by bisonbrigade

Good lord. This is the problem. You didn't have to mention skin color but everyone knows what you are talking about. These issues you speak of stem from poverty. Minorities do not have the same opportunities as others. It's a fact. There is a reason why the Rooney rule exists.

http://www.stateofworkingamerica.org/fact-sheets/poverty/

You would have to be a fool to not understand that social inequality is very much alive in the US. At this day and age it's really sad. If we are to ever advance as species this needs to end.

Everything that happens is a necessary part of evolution. You just don't realize it because you don't know what the end result really looks like.

i just hope our kicker , with all his good intentions.. gets his sh%t together.. a miss in the opener, one off the crossbar last week.. if he keeps that up, he can work full time for his cause.. i follow the Bills for football reasons.. the noble stuff is fine.. but really not in my wheelhouse on here.

Edited by dwight in philly

Of course it exists and it'll always exist. It's human nature. Best way to get over it is if people just treat other people with respect and dignity until they do something not to warrant that respect.

I don't particularly care for NFL players speaking about this stuff. Just focus on your kicks

Agreed 100%. JJ Watt should have kept his mouth shut after Harvey too and stuck to his tackling.

Of course it still exists. However it's never mentioned that things are better and that minorities have more opportunity to get out of their situation now then ever in history. This is partly because a lot of minorities have seen this and taken advantage of it and that white people have changed.

The problem is that as things have gotten better there has also been more and more freedom to express displeasure by minorities without persecution (good thing). However those voices of displeasure have overshadowed and drowned out the good work America has done in this area. So when a non minority keeps getting beat down as if we do so very very little it's frustrating and it leads to wanting to do less. Non minorities have to incessantly admit their faults while minorities rarely have to admit theirs.

It's not acceptable to be a white bigot publicly in America (good thing)- however you can be a bigot as a minority with little backlash. White people have been forced to accept this change in our culture. Some accept it with compassion and others accept it only because it's forced. I do believe that if minorities accepted more responsibility for their part - white people in equal numbers would change their hearts.

This crap can wait until the off season when there plenty of time for people to cry that they were mistreated. Can the babies wait until after mid February can we just focus on football. .

"Mommy, those bad men treated me bad and called me names. It's not fair! Lets protest."

So. Ignorant. Ugh.

Edited by FreddieJizzle22

Racism is very real, but I'm not a fan of the defeatist attitude. I'd like to hope and work for better.

It's a legitimate issue and it's great that rich athletes that are sometimes seen as aloof and selfish are actually concerned about important social issues. Sports and politics have often been intertwined.

Our children will be better people than our generation. A few years ago my son referred to a classmate as the girl with the long hair- not the black girl. I was very encouraged by that. Skin color is not the first thing our children look at.

I must chime in (reluctantly) to agree with this post. My White/native american children, (one gay) do not give a phuk about skin color, and I love it!!! My next door neighbor's on one side are black (best neighbor's ever) the other side is Asian (Burmese: love them too). I don't get it.

Is he concerned that African Americans are over represented in football at the college and pro level?

Based ENTIRELY on ability as it should be. Race is completely irrelevant, as it should be. Teams just want to win. Come on....