Sammy watch

dave mcbride

No. You don't get to use hindsight and all the crap about EJ being a fourth round talent and Goff went first round blah, blah, blah. Compare their rookie years. EJ looked better his rookie year than Goff did. All off-season people were saying the Rams blew it with Goff. And EJ looked decent for a rookie.

You want to give the Rams credit for trying to prop up a young QB with Sammy, and at the same time blast the Bills for doing the same thing with the same exact receiver. It's ridiculous. It just shows your bias.

Your post makes absolutely no sense. Goff was the first player (I believe) or near the top of the draft selection. He struggled in his first year. And that wasn't a surprise to the Rams because they intended to basically red-shirt him in his rookie year but were forced to play him. You repeatedly point out that EJ had a better rookie year. So what! What does that tell you how he is going to develop compared to the more highly rated prospect who in his second year is widely acknowledge by everyone is the better player.

There is no doubt that the Rams brought in Watkins to help out Goff. I have never said otherwise. But the obvious fact on the ground at this point is that Watkins has had little effect on the improvement that Goff has made this year.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your post makes absolutely no sense. Goff was the first player (I believe) or near the top of the draft selection. He struggled in his first year. And that wasn't a surprise to the Rams because they intended to basically red-shirt him in his rookie year but were forced to play him. You repeatedly point out that EJ had a better rookie year. So what! What does that tell you how he is going to develop compared to the more highly rated prospect who in his second year is widely acknowledge by everyone is the better player.

There is no doubt that the Rams brought in Watkins to help out Goff. I have never said otherwise. But the obvious fact on the ground at this point is that Watkins has had little effect on the improvement that Goff has made this year.

Your point is absurd. You continue to use revisionist history. The comparison is what each team did for rookie QBs. Not what happened years after. EJ had a reasonable rookie year for a QB. The team wanted to give him weapons to help him. They drafted Sammy.

Now the Rams. Goff had a rough rookie season. They wanted to bring in weapons to help him. They brought the exact same guy in. But somehow to you they should be applauded for making the same move theBills were criticized for.

The situations are exactly the same. And you refuse to admit it because as it turned out EJ didn't develop. But the rationale for each move was exactly the same. And if Goff turns out to bust the ultimate outcomes will be exactly the same. Open your eyes.

Your point is absurd. You continue to use revisionist history. The comparison is what each team did for rookie QBs. Not what happened years after. EJ had a reasonable rookie year for a QB. The team wanted to give him weapons to help him. They drafted Sammy.

Now the Rams. Goff had a rough rookie season. They wanted to bring in weapons to help him. They brought the exact same guy in. But somehow to you they should be applauded for making the same move theBills were criticized for.

The situations are exactly the same. And you refuse to admit it because as it turned out EJ didn't develop. But the rationale for each move was exactly the same. And if Goff turns out to bust the ultimate outcomes will be exactly the same. Open your eyes.

I think you are both right in your different arguments and it should be settled with a spearing contest in the New Era parking lot next week.

I think you are both right in your different arguments and it should be settled with a spearing contest in the New Era parking lot next week.

Just gets me when the Bills get criticized for the same exact thing other teams get praised for.

I would prefer dueling pistols at dawn.

I respectfully beg to differ. When lining up, Woods was there a lot more than Watkins was.

Woods was a better teammate. More reliable. More professional. More dedicated. And - most of all - more selfless.

To me ... that makes Bob Woods superior to Watkins.

And, because of all those things, Watkins finds himself as the third best receiver - and a decoy - on the Rams.

Karma is a rotten dirty whore sometimes.

And a better more willing blocker. That said, Watkins has much better overall natural athletic talent as a WR. I'd still rather have RW as a teammate.

I dont know why its so hard for people to understand that great athletes dont necessarily make great football players. Sammy *looks* better on the field running routes than Woods does, but hes not a better football player.

Woods is a better blocker. Watkins is a more explosive playmaker.

I know which skill I want my WR's to have.

Woods is a better blocker. Watkins is a more explosive playmaker.

I know which skill I want my WR's to have.

Yes when you put it like that the choice is obvious. That's not all of it though. Woods has been more reliable and consistent. Woods has been a tougher receiver on the field. Watkins has been more of a guy that gets thrown to one or two times per game for a big play. I take the guy that catches a lot of balls and consistently moves the chains over the guy that catches a deep ball or two.

Its really a tough call. There is some argument that QBs just aren't throwing him the football. We just don't know for sure what the reason is.

Yes when you put it like that the choice is obvious. That's not all of it though. Woods has been more reliable and consistent. Woods has been a tougher receiver on the field. Watkins has been more of a guy that gets thrown to one or two times per game for a big play. I take the guy that catches a lot of balls and consistently moves the chains over the guy that catches a deep ball or two.

Its really a tough call. There is some argument that QBs just aren't throwing him the football. We just don't know for sure what the reason is.

Considering our so called run first strategy, Bob would've been the better wr to retain. He's far more consistent and would've commanded a smaller contract.

Just wait until he has a small injury, maybe a sore shpulder, and the team decides it's best to put him on the inactives for the week because he is not necessary

...PERFECT!....then in his UFA interviews, he can blame his "production" ALL on the Rams, a victim of circumstance no doubt..........

Watkins had more catches than Woods over 2014 and 2015.

Don't get me wrong, I love Woods and think consistency is important. But no one cares if Tyreek Hill is a mediocre run blocker when he takes it to the house. Woods is limited in that role.

Edited by jmc12290

No, sammy isn't hurt, he's just irrelevant to their offense for the most part.

Can you be more irrelevant than a guy in the locker room?

weak

though he's contributed more to his team than your boyfriend sammy :thumbsup:

Would be the leading WR on the Bills right now.

:oops:

Edited by jmc12290

Watkins had more catches than Woods over 2014 and 2015.

Don't get me wrong, I love Woods and think consistency is important. But no one cares if Tyreek Hill is a mediocre run blocker when he takes it to the house. Woods is limited in that role.

Completely respect that opinion. I just don't get why Watkins isn't more involved. I see he got some catches today though.

Again, he'd be the Bills leading WR with his numbers. And the player he was traded for hasn't played a full game without getting hurt yet.

You're reaching - and that's ok.

I know you miss him. Look, the way things are going, he'll be a FA. His numbers will be so pedestrian we might actually be able to get him at a good price. We could use a decoy.

Wait - scratch that. He's not in our plan. We knew this a while ago, didn't we.

Good thing he's easily replaceable. :thumbsup:

You're reaching - and that's ok.

I know you miss him. Look, the way things are going, he'll be a FA. His numbers will be so pedestrian we might actually be able to get him at a good price. We could use a decoy.

Wait - scratch that. He's not in our plan. We knew this a while ago, didn't we.

Good thing he's easily replaceable. :thumbsup:

Huh?

We haven't replaced him at WR yet.

The rest of your post had zero substance. White flag city bro. Check the numbers and get back to me.

Edited by jmc12290