Dennison: Tyrod kept us in the game

SaviorPeterman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have confidence in him too. I am confident that we have seen what he can do. He is an excellent runner. I am confident that he is not good enough. I am confident that when we need someone to make important throws, he won't make them. I am confident he will not be here when or if this thing gets turned around. I am confident that we will all be stuck watching this guy hold back the offense until another season is wasted.

Edited by Brianmoorman4jesus

That quote sounds really silly, but I think we know what he meant. The plan was to keep it close and play the field position game. And that Tyrod did that by not turning the ball over.

It was an awful gameplan in the "play not to lose" spirit. That's on coaching, not the players.

TT had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game. He didn't make any costly turnovers. He did...by definition keep us "in the game".

What he did NOT do was at any point in the game play as if he was trying to WIN the game. Was the game plan to keep it close and hope for the best? If so that's on coaching. What I was waiting for was him to take over the game. They weren't stopping his runs. Remember the Tennessee game a while back? That's the Tyros that gives us a chance to win games like this and not just stay "in the game"

Let's convert him into a WR.

I believe Dennison lacks the vertical speed we need. He'd make a great slot guy though.

That's gotta be up there with the "We punted well" comment from Jauron.

TT had the ball in his hands with a chance to win the game. He didn't make any costly turnovers. He did...by definition keep us "in the game".

What he did NOT do was at any point in the game play as if he was trying to WIN the game. Was the game plan to keep it close and hope for the best? If so that's on coaching. What I was waiting for was him to take over the game. They weren't stopping his runs. Remember the Tennessee game a while back? That's the Tyros that gives us a chance to win games like this and not just stay "in the game"

I believe Dennison lacks the vertical speed we need. He'd make a great slot guy though.

The is the best point I have heard in a long time, and one that I have been thinking as well.

Tyrod Taylor NEVER plays to win the game...but he ALWAYS plays not to lose...this is why he never scores at the end of regulation like the best teams do...he has terrible situation awareness, like when he scrambled for 4 yards yesterday instead of throwing the ball downfield or out of bounds to stop the clock...he just doesn't do the little things that are required to win games consistently...he just tries not to turn the ball over in hopes that the rest of the team can win the game for him. :thumbdown:

Edited by JaCrispy

What a bunch of whiners you guys are.

Did you watch the game? Did you know the Bills' power running attack? This is a running team, and they couldn't run at all. The only person who made plays on offense was Tyrod.

The offensive line stunk. Absolutely stunk. That might be coaching, that might be talent. One thing is certain - blocking is NOT Tyrod's job.

Tyrod completed a high percentage. He threw no INTs. He did largely what he was asked to do, and all you guys can do is whine about him.

Did you watch the game? Did you know the Bills' power running attack? This is a running team, and they couldn't run at all. The only person who made plays on offense was Tyrod.

The offensive line stunk. Absolutely stunk. That might be coaching, that might be talent. One thing is certain - blocking is NOT Tyrod's job.

Tyrod completed a high percentage. He threw no INTs. He did largely what he was asked to do, and all you guys can do is whine about him.

If Tyrod was good yesterday then Dennison is completely incompetent and should be fired now.

Because if you can only coordinate an offense to scoring 3 points on a day where your quarterback played well and you have generally the same personnel that has led the league in rushing the last two seasons, then you're not cut out for this.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

Tyrod's YPA was 5.0, Shaw...five point O.

Yet we are the whiners because we want a passing attack that isn't last in the league every year... :doh:

If Tyrod was good yesterday then Dennison is completely incompetent and should be fired now.

Because if you can only coordinate an offense to scoring 3 points on a day where your quarterback played well and you have generally the same personnel that has led the league in rushing the last two seasons, then you're not cut out for this.

We'll see.

Roman and Lynn were able to score a lot with TT and Shady. Lynn at one point last season, deep into the season, had this offense ranked as a top 8 scoring offense.

The run blocking stunk because it was easy to see what Carolina was doing. I watched the front 7 crash down on every play because they focused on stopping the run and didn't respect the pass. Tyrod wasn't under duress the entire game passing the ball.

High percentage because we averaged 5.0 yards per pass play and 2.5 per attempt in the air.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Tyrod's YPA was 5.0, Shaw...five point O.

Yet we are the whiners because we want a passing attack that isn't last in the league every year... :doh:

Without his contributions in the run game we averaged below 1.0 YPC...

The run blocking stunk because it was easy to see what Carolina was doing. I watched the front 7 crash down on every play because they focused on stopping the run and didn't respect the pass. Tyrod wasn't under duress all game passing the ball.

High percentage because we averaged 5.0 yards per pass play and 2.5 per attempt in the air.

He was definitely under duress in the game at least a few times. Mills got blown off the line on multiple occasions.

Edited by dneveu

The run blocking stunk because it was easy to see what Carolina was doing. I watched the front 7 crash down on every play because they focused on stopping the run and didn't respect the pass. Tyrod wasn't under duress all game passing the ball.

Tyrod was never under duress? What game were you watching?

This is why I have little faith in this regime already, it's the whole Nix/Gailey infatuation with Fitzpatrick all over again.

Just like with Taylor, Fitz was also a holdover from the previous regime that was given 'the benefit of the doubt'. We all know how that story ended and it will be no different with Taylor if these people truly believe he's not the problem and gives this team the best chance of winning.

This is why I have little faith in this regime already, it's the whole Nix/Gailey infatuation with Fitzpatrick all over again.

Just like with Taylor, Fitz was also a holdover from the previous regime that was given 'the benefit of the doubt'. We all know how that story ended and it will be no different with Taylor if these people truly believe he's not the problem and gives this team the best chance of winning.

You familiar with the terms of service? You should give it a read sometime...

Tyrod was pressured a few times but in general he has a habit of making the OLine's pass protection look worse than it actually is because he loves hanging on to the ball.

They were generating a bunch of problems up the middle and not letting him step into his throws. Mills also was just bad. Badly timed penalty killed another drive, and the OPI kinda killed us there at the end. We were set up with a 1st and 10 at the 22 with a minute left. instead... 1st and 20 from the 42

Edited by dneveu

Also if the definition of keeping you in the game is passing for a franchise low net 6 passing yards at halftime, having happy feet and feeling pressure that's not there, overthrowing wide open receives and almost getting your key offensive players killed with terrible throws so be it.

Yes we get it, the guy can make a play here and there with his legs but he brings absolutely nothing to the table in a league driven by pass happy offenses and elite franchise QB's.

Edited by SaviorPeterman

Tyrod was pressured a few times but in general he has a habit of making the OLine's pass protection look worse than it actually is because he loves hanging on to the ball.

Got to agree with everything you've said in this thread.

Also, is Shaw serious? He's got to be kidding, right? Right?!