Peterman wins the game by the game by 10.

PinOak

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Correct. Doctrine #1: TT is never to blame.

Haha. So true.

I don't think it's ALL him, but I think it's MOSTLY him. He's just so limited from a passing standpoint. He can run, throw an occasional bomb, and improvise, but he can't run an offense with any kind of tempo or rhythm. He also doesn't seem able to read defenses well and exploit them.

But yes, that is Doctrine 1!

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Shaq was definitely one of the 7 or 8 best DL the Bills had out there today. :devil: (they were all effective)

My opinion on Shaq's pass rush so far is.........well...........Eddie Yarborough has been an interesting story. :thumbsup: (and the coaches think so as well, apparently)

At times Shaq DID flash the 1st round talent today, however.... As a LDE in a 4-3 I think he's doing a very good job this season. Quite an up-tick from last (injury factor plus experience).

The Legend of Peterman is so good that not only would he have won the game by 10 points today, but simply playing in this game would have changed history and wide right would have never happened.

Hardy har har?

Edited by dubs

Peterman, a 5th round rookie who looked okay in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd stringers, would have been a train wreck today.

The Bills have no run game, no one who can run a threaten a defense beyond 10 yards in the pass game and an offensive line who can't block.

The Bills' offense across the board is terrible. Aside from McCoy, we have zero difference makers on that side of the ball and Peterman would have been eaten alive today. The Bills are below average at every position on offense except running back, and anyone with a half decent defense is going to completely dominate us. Next week against Denver isn't going to be worth tuning in for because I'm not sure we're capable of scoring on them.

This game showed the Bills are in full fledged rebuilding mode. With what's guaranteed to be a bottom 5 scoring offense, we aren't winning more than 5 games.

Edited by jrober38

Peterman, a 5th round rookie who looked okay in the preseason against 2nd and 3rd stringers, would have been a train wreck today.

As opposed to the six-year veteran who was also a train wreck!

If you're going to get rookie QB play, you might as well start the damn rookie...

Edited by #34fan

As opposed to the six-year veteran who was also a train wreck!

If you're going to get rookie QB play, you might as well start the damn rookie...

Rookie QBs turn the ball over. There were plenty of other QBs around the NFL today who were turning the ball over left right and centre.

Taylor is terrible, but somehow he manages to rarely turn the ball over. That will almost certainly end with a green as grass rookie chucking the ball to the other team 2-3 times a game.

Then we go from losing by 6 to losing by 20.

Why not? It's the same personnel as the last two seasons where the Bills running game was #2 and #1 in the NFL.

As I told people all summer, the Bills have zero receivers who any NFL calibre safety has to respect beating them on a deep ball.

The Bills will face nothing but 8 and 9 man fronts this season because we don't have a receiver who can run a route more than 10 yards downfield.

Although underused, Sammy Watkins commanded a secondary's attention. The same cannot be said for any of our current pass catchers.

Edited by jrober38

He also didn't try and push the ball downfield until the last 2 minutes. He's a low risk low reward QB. He won't turn the ball over but he also won't put up many points either. Bottom line, if the running game isn't carrying this offense we are prpbably going to lose.

Agree with the fact that he didn't push downfield. He had one downfield toss I can think of offhand...down far sideline...good coverage and not well thrown if I recall.

However it's hard to push the ball downfield when blocking is breaking Ng down quickly. In that case I don't think Peterman would have had time either to throw down the field.

He also didn't try and push the ball downfield until the last 2 minutes. He's a low risk low reward QB. He won't turn the ball over but he also won't put up many points either. Bottom line, if the running game isn't carrying this offense we are prpbably going to lose.

I totally agree with this, but who is he supposed to push the ball down field to?

Our receivers don't scare anyone. We don't have a single guy who is a threat to get behind a defense.

Rookie QBs turn the ball over. There were plenty of other QBs around the NFL today who were turning the ball over left right and centre.

Taylor is terrible, but somehow he manages to rarely turn the ball over. That will almost certainly end with a green as grass rookie chucking the ball to the other team 2-3 times a game.

Then we go from losing by 6 to losing by 20.

Exactly... Play it safe.... It's not like we haven't made the playoffs in seventeen years.

Show me the proof this one is on TT. And please don't point to one throw. How about the putrid offensive scheme or the numerous breakdowns in protection. Or the fact that we didn't move the ball on the ground for ****. Even Shady, in all his glory, was not a factor. But this one is on TT. Some fans have chosen a scape goat. And that's okay, I get it, I'm mad too. But don't put the game on TT. He did exactly what he was asked to do.

The entire game is not on TT, but he did nothing to make the game better.

He telegraphed throws to the flat to RBs, He missed guys like Clay and O'Leary running underneath because he was focused on one WR that was covered, He left protected pockets several times when at the top of his drop - guys were open and then chose to run twice very late in the game when we were trying to conserve clock - rather than just throw the ball after after a poor choice of scrambling. I could go on and on.

He makes a few plays (see last week), but because of a lack of throwing awareness - he leaves too many plays on the field because he cannot get through a progression quick enough.

Overall the game was poorly played by the offense, but just like Baltimore last year - you sometimes need a QB to make a play - and/or trust a guy and make a throw to at least back guys off. TT did not do that - Carolina would blitz and TT was looking for gaps to run rather than hitting his drop and throwing the ball to a WR that is one on one.

You also saw how they telegraphed where TT likes to throw - and jumped several out routes - that left guys like Clay and O'Leary open near the hash marks several times that I could see from the broadcast angle. It is not going to be fun looking at the All-22.

Edited by Rochesterfan

As I told people all summer, the Bills have zero receivers who any NFL calibre safety has to respect beating them on a deep ball.

The Bills will face nothing but 8 and 9 man fronts this season because we don't have a receiver who can run a route more than 10 yards downfield.

Although underused, Sammy Watkins commanded a secondary's attention. The same cannot be said for any of our current pass catchers.

Sammy only played 8 games last year (none healthy). So for at least half of the season Tyrod was throwing to bums and the running game still worked. It's not an excuse.

Again, I disagree. With all do respect, which throws did not allow our guys to make plays? The 10 yard outs we repeatedly ran? Again, if we see the film and he missed his downfield targets and reads, I will gladly say he played poorly. I am not by any means a TT fan, but I am tired of him being the scape goat.

He missed some throws, the 2nd and long deep bomb down the right sideline when he should have blown a TO was awful.

That being said, this offense has bigger problems than Tyrod Taylor IMO

I agree, the play calling was something I would expect from the Bengals. You saw a team that looked as though they have a rookie head coach and rookie offensive coordinator. This game was lost when Sammy Watkins was traded. We will have to get used to it.

Edited by VADC Bills

Sammy only played 8 games last year (none healthy). So for at least half of the season Tyrod was throwing to bums and the running game still worked. It's not an excuse.

I dunno. Maybe Cordy Glenn being hurt plays a part. He is after all our best lineman.

Yep. This isn't going to be the norm. The offense will play better going forward imo.

Really?

Why on earth would anyone think the offense is going to play better? I won't be surprised if we're shut out next week. We looked pretty good against a team that is actively trying for the #1 overall pick and got obliterated by the Panthers who had the 21st defense in the NFL a year ago.

This is going to be a bottom 5 scoring offense in the NFL this year. We don't have any talent aside from McCoy.

Edited by jrober38

I agree, the play calling was something I would expect from the Bengals. You saw a team that looked as though they have a rookie head coach and rookie offensive coordinator. This game was lost when Sammy Watkins was traded. We will have to get used to it.

Sammy's two catches for 30 yards today would have won the game? Or, it it Sammy's 5 catches for 58 yards last week that would have won the game for us? Jordan Matthews has out produced Sammy every year in the NFL and the two have very similar results this year. How would was today's game lost with the Sammy trade?

THANK YOUUUU

people are so insecure with our QB play that a loss immediately results in a tyranny. Watch the film. Please. You get it. We aren't running wide open down the seams and TT is missing it.

He does what he is asked to do.

They are not running wide open, but they are running downfield one on one, but if the WR is not Wide open and facing TT - he does not make that throw.

QBs all over the league make passes to WRs that have a defender covering them - if they are one on one - they trust that receiver to make a play - sometimes they do and sometime they do not.

If as everyone keeps saying - Carolina had 9 guys in the box trying to stop the run and contain TT in the pocket - then the WR and TEs should be one on one - TT needs to grow a pair and throw those guys open.

I saw several times TEs were open for 1st downs, but TT did not come of his first covered read or he chose to pull the ball down and run.

It is 3 years worth of the same thing - TT does not turn the ball over because he does not take a chance and trust his players.

Edited by Rochesterfan

Sammy's two catches for 30 yards today would have won the game? Or, it it Sammy's 5 catches for 58 yards last week that would have won the game for us? Jordan Matthews has out produced Sammy every year in the NFL and the two have very similar results this year. How would was today's game lost with the Sammy trade?

Sammy Watkins is an explosive play maker.

Jordan Matthews is a possession receiver.

One guy you game plan for, and the other you just tackle when he catches the ball 5-10 yards from the LOS.

Matthews doesn't scare anyone. He's nothing close to being a true #1 WR in the NFL.

Edited by jrober38

Sammy knows how to get open deep and has a good chemistry with TT. Don't get lost in bogus stats. The game came down to a last second catch. One good catch wins it.

Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods still catch a 10 yard out and run out of bounds...

Plus after 2 weeks Jordan Matthews in a run first offense has more receiving yards than Sammy.

Robert Woods had 1 whole catch for 8 yards today. One less than his replacement in Buffalo.

Not sure either of these guys would help based on how they have played in weeks 1 and 2.

Plus after 2 weeks Jordan Matthews in a run first offense has more receiving yards than Sammy.

Robert Woods had 1 whole catch for 8 yards today. One less than his replacement in Buffalo.

Not sure either of these guys would help based on how they have played in weeks 1 and 2.

Goff was terrible today. The whole game. Anyone who watched I think would say that.

Sammy Watkins is an explosive play maker.

Jordan Matthews is a possession receiver.

One guy you game plan for, and the other you just tackle when he catches the ball 5-10 yards from the LOS.

Matthews doesn't scare anyone. He's nothing close to being a true #1 WR in the NFL.

2 catches, 30 yards. His explosion today would not have helped us. 2 catches, 30 yards is "nothing close" to the performance of "a true #1 wide receiver in the NFL". We drafted him, we got teased a couple of game and now he's gone. Too many on this board are fantasizing about a mythical receiver who never existed.

Edited by RochesterLifer

They are not running wide open, but they are running downfield one on one, but if the WR is not Wide open and facing TT - he does not make that throw.

QBs all over the league make passes to WRs that have a defender covering them - if they are one on one - they trust that receiver to make a play - sometimes they do and sometime they do not.

If as everyone keeps saying - Carolina had 9 guys in the box trying to stop the run and contain TT in the pocket - they the WR and TEs should be one on one - TT needs to grow a pair and throw those guys open.

I saw several times Res were open for 1st downs, but TT did not come of his first covered read or he chose to pull the ball down and run.

It is 3 years worth of the same thing - TT does not turn the ball over because he does not take a chance and trust his players.

TT is widely recognized as having a good deep ball. Yet we don't see it this year. Is that by choice or scheme. From my interpretation, it was dink and dunk, move the chains and play it safe. It's totally possible there were open receivers deep, yet the commentators never acknowledged it, not did I recognize any.

As far as throwing it up to J Matt and Zay and hoping for the best, is this really a discussion? How could you "trust" as you've mentioned these receivers to make plays. Between a new acquisition and a rookie, we really are stretching as far as stating it's on TT because he doesn't give these B squad guys a chance.

I'd much rather have Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods over Jordan Matthews and Zay Jones, and it's not even remotely close.