Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

I am a die hard fan, a long standing multiple season ticket holder fan, when's the last time you even bought one ticket to a game?

does buying a ticket to a game or being a season ticket holder make you any more of a fan? does it make your opinion any more or less important if you don't buy tickets?

I think not and just as no one should question whether you are a die hard fan based off a ticket(s), nor should you question those that may not be a season ticket holder or when's the last time they bought a ticket to a game?

this isn't about keeping up with the joneses around here.

a die hard fan isn't about how much you invest in the team whether it be tickets or merchandise, although some would seem to have that mindset. a die hard fan is someone who does and has faithfully followed the team through thick and thin, in some cases for decades.

default_2cents.gif

notice* no insults or name calling

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There were many questions going into this season in regards to Taylor and his ability to deliver passes in a west coast offense. Many feared that he would struggle to deliver timing passes in windows to maximize YAC. There were several times in the Jets game that he showed that he could do it. Can he do it consistently? We shall see, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. On the 47-yard pass to Matthews, If he doesn't decipher the coverage, work through his progressions and deliver this pass where he did, there is NO YAC. Check out the video breakdown.

http://www.cover1.net/taylor-works-progressions/

does buying a ticket to a game or being a season ticket holder make you any more of a fan? does it make your opinion any more or less important if you don't buy tickets?

I think not and just as no one should question whether you are a die hard fan based off a ticket(s), nor should you question those that may not be a season ticket holder or when's the last time they bought a ticket to a game?

a die hard fan isn't about how much you invest in the team whether it be tickets or merchandise, although some would seem to have that mindset. a die hard fan is someone who does and has faithfully followed the team through thick and thin, in some cases for decades.

default_2cents.gif

...never seemed to add much at BBMB as a yipster.....differ if you want, but just my opinion and I steered clear of his posts.......

There were many questions going into this season in regards to Taylor and his ability to deliver passes in a west coast offense. Many feared that he would struggle to deliver timing passes in windows to maximize YAC. There were several times in the Jets game that he showed that he could do it. Can he do it consistently? We shall see, but you gotta give credit where credit is due. On the 47-yard pass to Matthews, If he doesn't decipher the coverage, work through his progressions and deliver this pass where he did, there is NO YAC. Check out the video breakdown.

you are clearly suggesting Taylor might be progressing with the Cranium Game?

Sunday should be fun !

does a fine job breaking it down.

it should be, GO BILLS!!!

...prolly should evaluate his gray matter progression one game at a time......better yet, do a critical yet objective (around here?-LMAO) analysis after four games with three quality opponents up next......gives you a better idea as well whether Dennison is the right fit to bring this kid along or not.............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

you are clearly suggesting Taylor might be progressing with the Cranium Game?

Sunday should be fun !

I don't think the offense was lack of progressions, was all on TT the last couple years. Lynn did a good job of establishing a foundation but I do expect TT to be TT. I am comfortable and undertand with who he is. No need to raise hell when he does what he does from time to time. This offense will maximize his abilities and if he can execute several of these a game, we will be just fine. :)

...prolly should evaluate his gray matter progression one game at a time......better yet, do a critical yet objective (around here?-LMAO) analysis after four games with three quality opponents up next......gives you a better idea as well whether Dennison is the right fit to bring this kid along or not.............

I'd appreciate it just the same. it's work and time well spent by cover 1 and his crew. as for quality opponent, they're all pros and some, just have the bills have been, not quite the elite level. so it will be interesting to see them go up against the elite teams when the time comes and hopefully they're up to the challenge, that's all I can ask for.

I'd appreciate it just the same. it's work and time well spent by cover 1 and his crew. as for quality opponent, they're all pros and some, just have the bills have been, not quite the elite level. so it will be interesting to see them go up against the elite teams when the time comes and hopefully they're up to the challenge, that's all I can ask for.

Exactly, regardless of opponent, he went through his progression and put it where it needed to be. I appreciate that.

Wow, I seem to recall someone attacking me, repeatedly, for claiming this exact thing.

You presented it as though he's incompetent on 3rd and long and it's a problem he's always had and struggled with.

He was 6th in 2016 overall and I can't find 2015 at the moment but he was at least top 10 and I believe top 5 then.

That's over 29 games.

Taylor's actually a QB you want on 3rd and long.

He's actually had bigger issues on 3rd and short, so seeing him high there is hopefully a sign of things to continue.

You presented it as though he's incompetent on 3rd and long and it's a problem he's always had and struggled with.

He was 6th in 2016 overall and I can't find 2015 at the moment but he was at least top 10 and I believe top 5 then.

That's over 29 games.

Taylor's actually a QB you want on 3rd and long.

He's actually had bigger issues on 3rd and short, so seeing him high there is hopefully a sign of things to continue.

I never said this. I said when we had to pass on third down last week, he sucked.

Egg on yo faces.

default_2cents.gif

This is correct.

Nice 5+ minute breakdown of that play. :thumbsup:

This was a much better performance than his Jets display and like a different player totally to last week.

An A- today for Tyrod. That is one of his best 5 games as a Bill. I could make an argument for top 3.

The TD pass to Clay was possibly the best passing decision I've ever seen him make. Takes off to run and at the last possible second surveys again and dumps it to a wide open Clay. It was a thing of beauty.

The difference in the game was Seimien made two just horrible decisions and passes for turnovers and Tyrod made none. Fans who don't like him don't give him enough credit for not turning the ball over. They want his conservative nature not turning it over and went his extraordinary running, but don't give him credit for it compared to other quarterbacks.

The difference in the game was Seimien made two just horrible decisions and passes for turnovers and Tyrod made none. Fans who don't like him don't give him enough credit for not turning the ball over. They want his conservative nature not turning it over and went his extraordinary running, but don't give him credit for it compared to other quarterbacks.

Nothing correlates better to playoffs than turnover ratio and passer rating. I don't think most fans know this. They think a lot of passing yards wins Super Bowls.

Don't mind the bugs. I don't want a QB next year. Tyrod is good enough to win with. He is superior to some QBs that have won Super Bowls. The young man is competitive, a leader and refuses, just refuses, to turn the ball over. I will never, ever understand the hate. Use those six picks to build out the roster and get behind the young man.

Don't mind the bugs. I don't want a QB next year. Tyrod is good enough to win with. He is superior to some QBs that have won Super Bowls. The young man is competitive, a leader and refuses, just refuses, to turn the ball over. I will never, ever understand the hate. Use those six picks to build out the roster and get behind the young man.

No. We HAVE to take a QB next year.