Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but this is quite delusional.

I didn't see drastic improvement or poise. I saw more easy and simple throws under little to no pressure.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. Posters claim they know what TT is and that they don't say he's great, but one decent performance against a bad team and they are claiming him as such.

What you saw was nothing special. It's gonna take much more than that over the course of multiple games before I make such proclamations about TT making drastic improvement.

Where is anyone claiming Tyrod is great here? Someone saying they saw improvement in footwork, poise, and scanning the field is not equal to saying "Tyrod is Great"

I thought his footwork, view of the field, and poise looked improved vs. last year. That's not saying he's "great" because footwork and view of the field were outright bad at times last year, and as for "poise", too often he ran around trying to extend the play or when he ran, failed to protect himself by sliding.

Yesterday he threw the ball away a couple times when that was a good choice, and also slid (he said, "for the first time"). Those are improvements in poise.

Only someone with the lens of a strong agenda can see comments about improvements as claims that TT is now "great".

I note that several respected QB-knowledgeable commentators had critiqued the Bills passing game under Roman, saying there are two separate questions - 1) how well is he executing the scheme they are playing and 2) can the Bills win with the scheme they are playing? as well as commenting that TT's eyes and footwork didn't match what was going on downfield and they felt that was scheme/coaching. So it's entirely possible that Tyrod's footwork and view of the field have not actually improved, but that he is now properly executing a better passing scheme.

Time will tell.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

I'm not rooting for anyone to get hurt. Never have for anyone on any team. Insulted by your comment. I'm not hoping that the team will fail but am clearheaded enough to realize the limitations of the roster for this rebuilding team.

I'm glad you feel that way and did not mean to insult. As you know there are some here who want to see TT get hurt so Peterman can play.

I'm not so sure they are rebuilding per se. They have short term and long term goals. Short term they mean to be competitive this year.

I'm glad you feel that way and did not mean to insult. As you know there are some here who want to see TT get hurt so Peterman can play.

I'm not so sure they are rebuilding per se. They have short term and long term goals. Short term they mean to be competitive this year.

+1

Hey how did you feel watching that post game speech? That felt like a team that truly believes they are playoff bound. They were hanging on every word coming out coaches mouth.

With Rex you'd hear chatter, laughter, this was all business, dead serious, sounded like a group of men on a clear,defined mission,and they are all bought in

This is what bothered me with posters here after the game.

Another is how I heard that nobody claims TT is great, but many jumped on that narrative after this average performance.

Now see here, after a couple posts with which I actually agree - let's pump the brakes and not read too much into one game - here you go with the agenda again.

Who are all these people claiming that TT is great? Link the posts that "jumped on that narrative" or it didn't happen.

That particular poster was talking about how often the EXCUSE of dropped passes was brought up as well.

...and I never responded to or even mentioned that. I simply said that all drops are attributed to the receiver. It doesn't need to be an excuse for anyone. There are actual numbers that tell you if a team has a lot or a little. In general I don't think that anyone has a lot.

Drops are not blamed on the QB though or they wouldn't be considered a drop. If you want to accurately track good throws vs. bad throws guys take the numbers and subtract out drops and throw aways for all QBs. That should give you a sense for how many bad throws a QB makes.

I can't recall anyone wishing for TT to get hurt. Although people have commented that he is more prone to being hurt because he runs more than most qbs and his stature. Where you might be uncertain about the Bills being involved in a rebuilding process under this new regime I believe otherwise. They are accumulating picks not only to what I believe to be a full out effort to draft a qb next year but also to add players. In addition, under the wrestling coach this roster has already gone through a major change. That to me signals a rebuild.

Will the Bills be competitive this year? If playing hard and holding players accountable for their play, then yes. Will that translate into a lot of wins? Not enough to be serious playoff contenders (in my view).

I didn't see drastic improvement or poise. I saw more easy and simple throws under little to no pressure.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. Posters claim they know what TT is and that they don't say he's great, but one decent performance against a bad team and they are claiming him as such.

What you saw was nothing special. It's gonna take much more than that over the course of multiple games before I make such proclamations about TT making drastic improvement.

I think you miss the point and always have. I think Taylor is an average NFL starter, which is exactly where he's been statistically and continues to be.

I think the difference we saw yesterday was all about coaching. We saw the same skills on display, but we saw them in an offense that constantly attacked defensive weaknesses and offered opportunities for Taylor to make plays.

The question that I think you and I agree on is whether what we saw yesterday was good enough. Although it's possible to win with an average quarterback, the question is whether the team should move forward for the next several seasons, planning to win by being excellent on defense, good at running the ball, and effective passing. Seattle has made it work, and KC and Carolina have been close. Still, it's nicer having a Rodgers or a Brady or a Brees. You're always in the game with one of those.

the only thing I saw as 2.0 was pass distribution (Sammy the crutch is gone) and he threw the ball away to avoid sacks. Both steps in the right direction.

Beyond that TT is still TT.

Ummmm. Pass distribution and throw the ball away to avoid sacks. Isn't that Brady's bread and butter?

He hasn't and didn't put the team on his back and win games. That's what the great ones do sometimes. Other than that, the Bills got yesterday and have gotten for two seasons good QB play from Taylor.

It's the same player...the player who intentionally tried to stay in the pocket and make throws like a normal QB was the guy we saw in preseason and it was brutal.

I can't recall anyone wishing for TT to get hurt. Although people have commented that he is more prone to being hurt because he runs more than most qbs and his stature. Where you might be uncertain about the Bills being involved in a rebuilding process under this new regime I believe otherwise. They are accumulating picks not only to what I believe to be a full out effort to draft a qb next year but also to add players. In addition, under the wrestling coach this roster has already gone through a major change. That to me signals a rebuild.

Will the Bills be competitive this year? If playing hard and holding players accountable for their play, then yes. Will that translate into a lot of wins? Not enough to be serious playoff contenders (in my view).

I definitely think they have an eye on the future. But it doesn't mean they want to count out making the playoffs this year.

Solid win yesterday. On to next week. I think McD does a pretty good job keeping things focused.

I don't mind people responding. It is all the "when does he get credit?" questions who wilfully misinterpret my original response as being critical. It wasn't. The OP actually called Tyrod's performance "amazing" in the game day thread. There is something in between "amazing" and "sucks" and yet when you articulate that you are treated like a traitor.

Ah, you remember that lol

Amazing was not the appropriate word, but I was excited by what I saw, I'm talking strictly his mechanics. Again, footwork in pocket, poise, scanning field , making throws I didn't see him make last year, ball placement allowing yac. All these things were an improvement over last year imo.

I re watched the game and stand by these statements. I suggest you do the same and get back to us.

And after the reaction I got after the first time I said the amazing comment, I was trolling man..

Taylor looked like the same QB he has always been, but I have no issues with his play yesterday and the INT wasn't really his fault. He was more than good enough to beat a hapless Jets team.

But something tells me his glaring flaws and deficiencies will be on full display next week in Carolina against a much better team and defense.

Ah, you remember that lol

Amazing was not the appropriate word, but I was excited by what I saw, I'm talking strictly his mechanics. Again, footwork in pocket, poise, scanning field , making throws I didn't see him make last year, ball placement allowing yac. All these things were an improvement over last year imo.

I re watched the game and stand by these statements. I suggest you do the same and get back to us.

And after the reaction I got after the first time I said the amazing comment, I was trolling man..

I will watch the all 22 when it is available. I do every game.

About 10th rated passer in the league running a top,ten scoring offense?

Lets see him win BIG games.

KC, OAK, NE* 2x, ATL, NO then I can give you a better perspective.

How was he stretching the field? I did say he did well and who needs Sammy.

He can win me over by playing very well more often than not.

15 more games to go

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

This is all true.

I do have to wonder though if he can do more, or is it that the coaches know his limitations, and do not want to expose him?

This is what I am talking about. Do more what? Last couple years he made mostly sideline throws downfield. People complained he didn't throw over the middle. Yesterday half of his completions were over the middle. People complain he didn't use his WRs enough. He simply follows the coaches systems and does what they ask him to do. No he isn't Tom Brady out there running his own offense. No he isn't perfect and misses stuff here and there. Do more what? He has made passes to every area of the field over the last 3 seasons. Every QB has weaknesses except some of the elite QBs. No one said Tyrod was elite.