Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

That was a throw you are taught not to make. It was going across his body, and he was extremely lucky to not have it picked off.

Nothing you've posted proves anything I've said to be wrong

Oy... are you seriously on this much of a crusade? Was it a 1st down or a turnover? If he didn't throw it, what happens?

You are refusing to acknowledge how great that play was and how very few NFL QBs could have made that play all because it would concede something. Absolutely ridiculous.

How many historically great plays have been throws QBs were largely taught not to throw?

Oh, and where was the luck on that play?

On that play you seem to be confusing luck and skill.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oy... are you seriously on this much of a crusade? Was it a 1st down or a turnover? If he didn't throw it, what happens?

You are refusing to acknowledge how great that play was and how very few NFL QBs could have made that play all because it would concede something. Absolutely ridiculous.

How many historically great plays have been throws QBs were largely taught not to throw?

Oh, and where was the luck on that play?

On that play you seem to be confusing luck and skill.

How great it was? Seriously?

It was luck...no confusion there. Coaches don't want guys making throws against the grain like that because it usually turns out poorly, and luckily he got away with it...most times, you won't.

More nonsense from you here. Refusing to acknowledge a play because I would be conceding something?

OMG...i'm in tears reading that one!

You are quite the trip, bud!

It was luck...no confusion there. Coaches don't want guys making throws against the grain like that because it usually turns out poorly, and luckily he got away with it...most times, you won't.

More nonsense from you here. Refusing to acknowledge a play because I would be conceding something?

So you want a Rodgers type QB but B word when you're QB makes a Rodgers-esque throw? Make up your damn mind Crush.

I'll keep this short, Taylor showed huge improvements in his game and it was evident from the first series. Specifically in the pocket.

His footwork, poise and speed scanning the field looks to have improved drastically. A huge drop by Clay turned 7 into 0 and some very smart throwaways decreased his completion percentage but we totally dominated and controlled this game. He converted some big 3rd downs, and used his legs very effectively.

Make no mistake, this offense runs through Shady but I think we are witnessing the evolution of Tyrod Taylor. I really felt Dennison held back big time in the 4th and just sat on the lead, up 2 scores, dominant defensive performance, that's fine but I'm really excited to see Taylor grow in this scheme and get comfortable with the WR corps.

This was a true team win, well , maybe minus ST, but for the first time in quite some time the O and D both showed up, 400+ yards on O , just over 200 allowed. Taylor's stats weren't eye popping but he did what needed to be done and looked vastly improved in the pocket. I'm really excited to see us match up with Carolina, I don't see any reason we can't have the same outcome.

Tyrod 2.0 is here

Giimick QB time to move on

Funny how the COT crew is pounder their chest at how well Tyrod did against a team battling for last place. A team expected to be one of if not THE worst team in the NFL.

Sorry to interrupt the crusade, but I'd just like to say judging from the snippets I've seen so far and box scores around the league, if the Jets goal is to pick first they have a lot of competence to overcome relative to about 5 other teams, a couple of which were not expected to be factors contending with the Jets in their race to the bottom.

Now continue....

I'm sorry, but this is quite delusional.

I didn't see drastic improvement or poise. I saw more easy and simple throws under little to no pressure.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. Posters claim they know what TT is and that they don't say he's great, but one decent performance against a bad team and they are claiming him as such.

What you saw was nothing special. It's gonna take much more than that over the course of multiple games before I make such proclamations about TT making drastic improvement.

These fans still don't get it, gimmick QB'S don't work in this league. The guy is a back-up QB in this league , when teams have time to prepare and you play a team where their offense produces (the Jets offense is worst in the league) you will see he cannot get it done.

Fans make it seem like Taylor is some second or third year QB, he is too short and this is just a waste of time.

These fans still don't get it, gimmick QB'S don't work in this league. The guy is a back-up QB in this league , when teams have time to prepare and you play a team where their offense produces (the Jets offense is worst in the league) you will see he cannot get it done.

Fans make it seem like Taylor is some second or third year QB, he is too short and this is just a waste of time.

He is taller than Brees or Wilson.

Maybe NFL should ban all QB's under 6'3" though huh? Great take bro! (sarcasm)

That first throw to Matthews hardly anyone in the league makes. The escapability then standing upright, looking downfield, and throwing all arm on a dart to a well covered guy for a first down on (IIRC) third and long, was ridiculous. Few make that play. Maybe Russell Wilson or Rodgers.

Agree. These are the throws I did NOT see TT making the last two years. So if that continues/builds I may change my view on TT

Until then, my view is that he's not the full package - good enough to get to the playoffs but not to get through the playoffs.

Regardless, I strongly want to see the Bills draft a top prospect QB next year. I am way over this "we have a guy who might develop, so let's hold off on drafting and see" approach the Bills have historically had.

I will ask you the same question I asked elsewhere. If he is "a back-up" who are the 32 starters better than him?

If the Bills put it out that Taylor was available for trade, the list of interested teams would be long

We heard the same thing last season. If TT was a FA, he'd get 20 mil/year and team's would be banging down his door.

Then reality happened and nobody wanted him and he took a pay cut to stay here.

So you are looking for a QB that minimizes risk and rarely turns it over? Hmm, I wonder where we can find one of those guys...

HahahahaHHAAHHAA! WINNER

Some of these guys talk from both sides of their mouth. Nobody that supports TT think he's top 10. Everyone that hates him thinks he's either 35-40 or a RB. Sad.

Edited by r00tabaga

Wow. This is the best evidence yet that you are actively rooting against Tyrod. That was a great play. I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

There is nothing wrong with the jets defense

While it pains me to agree with him....I agree that yesterdays game should not have earned TT anymore rope then he had previously

He needs to show some consistancy

Jests D is a shell of itself. Tyrod had a easy day and still wasn't all that. Call me not impressed that they win a game against a team trying to lose.

If the Bills put it out that Taylor was available for trade, the list of interested teams would be long

After this last game he might have increased his value a little but after a few more games it could be where it was before. Crickets

HahahahaHHAAHHAA! WINNER

Some of these guys talk from both sides of their mouth. Nobody that supports TT think he's top 10. Everyone that hates him thinks he's either 35-40 or a RB. Sad.

Come on man somebody in this thread compared him to Brady(Very Brady like) after this game. It's against the Jests, WTH man

Difference is one side holds him up as a franchise QB comparing him to the likes of Brady while the other side sees him for who he is, not good enough.

Edited by xRUSHx

Here comes the Cult.... any time anyone says anything that isn't praise be to Tyrod they attack.

Tyrod gets credit for yesterday, he played well. He gets credit for the last two years when he also played reasonably well. All I said was I didn't see a big step forward yesterday. It is the same Tyrod. If they put a defense behind him that will mean 10 wins, if they don't it means 7 or 8 wins.

A defense AND a kicker. I hope that Hauschka thing was an anomaly. I swear I would burn a 2nd round pick on a kicker if there was another Janikowski out there.

As far as Tyrod goes, he started to do that flat footed thing as the game went on where he doesn't bounce or move his feet at all. Some carryover from last year's training. I think they want him to relax a little more in the pocket and trust his Oline and receivers another full second before he does the Houdini.

No argument can be made that he didn't play well on Sunday. I don't think he did anything that shows me the light is like... clicked either. But he looked pretty good. Did his slippery thing and made a bunch of plays, took care of the ball pretty well, kept the chains moving until Rico decided we didn't want first downs.

We're still going to draft someone next year, so i don't know why all these people are arguing. Tyrod may stick and start next year too, who knows. But i still think we set ourselves up to be able to get one of the top few QBs next year.

Mcdermott stresses competition, and leadership. TT isn't afraid of a little competition, and he's a team captain so for those that hate him... don't be surprised if he's still here next year.

Difference is one side holds him up as a franchise QB comparing him to the likes of Brady while the other side sees him for who he is, not good enough.

I don't think he's a franchise QB, and i would draft a replacement. But i'm not benching him for the purposes of having a worse player "learn" on the fly to... see what we have in him.

The panthers went 12-4 in 2013 with Newton at the helm - He went for 3300 24 and 13, and another 580 and 6 on the ground (this is Cam's 2nd best season BTW.. and its a fairly small step up from what Tyrod put together over the last 2 seasons). They had a great defense that year. If you think you have a great defense, then you roll with Tyrod and see what happens.