Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

I'll keep this short, Taylor showed huge improvements in his game and it was evident from the first series. Specifically in the pocket.

His footwork, poise and speed scanning the field looks to have improved drastically. A huge drop by Clay turned 7 into 0 and some very smart throwaways decreased his completion percentage but we totally dominated and controlled this game. He converted some big 3rd downs, and used his legs very effectively.

Make no mistake, this offense runs through Shady but I think we are witnessing the evolution of Tyrod Taylor. I really felt Dennison held back big time in the 4th and just sat on the lead, up 2 scores, dominant defensive performance, that's fine but I'm really excited to see Taylor grow in this scheme and get comfortable with the WR corps.

This was a true team win, well , maybe minus ST, but for the first time in quite some time the O and D both showed up, 400+ yards on O , just over 200 allowed. Taylor's stats weren't eye popping but he did what needed to be done and looked vastly improved in the pocket. I'm really excited to see us match up with Carolina, I don't see any reason we can't have the same outcome.

Tyrod 2.0 is here

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that we saw Taylor do a lot of good he's been crucified for in the past: maybe his best game so far passing over the middle, multiple plays where you could see him going through multiple reads, and better than 50% in 3rd down conversions.

But I'll wait 3 or 4 more games to decide whether he's actually better.

What's obvious and clear and contradicts so many of the loudest most "knowledgeable" posters here from the preseason: Taylor can run this offense just fine as the offense we saw in preseason wasn't the offense we're seeing in the regular season.

I thought it was the same Tyrod we have seen through two years to be honest. There were a few more plays over the middle, that is true. But there was the usual mix of some really nice throws, a few bad throws, some excellent escapes with his legs and a handful of situations where he left plays on the field with guys he just didn't appear to see. I will have to watch the all22 when it is available. He was solid he had a decent game but I did not see a big step forward.

The most encouraging thing is that Dennison ran an offense that played much more to his Tyrod's strengths than we saw in pre-season the three step drop and throw plays have pretty much gone.

I thought it was the same Tyrod we have seen through two years to be honest. There were a few more plays over the middle, that is true. But there was the usual mix of some really nice throws, a few bad throws, some excellent escapes with his legs and a handful of situations where he left plays on the field with guys he just didn't appear to see. I will have to watch the all22 when it is available. He was solid he had a decent game but I did not see a big step forward.

The most encouraging thing is that Dennison ran an offense that played much more to his Tyrod's strengths than we saw in pre-season the three step drop and throw plays have pretty much gone.

I tend to agree with all of what you said. Not exceptional yet not bad. Lets hope he grows.

I'll keep this short, Taylor showed huge improvements in his game and it was evident from the first series. Specifically in the pocket.

His footwork, poise and speed scanning the field looks to have improved drastically. A huge drop by Clay turned 7 into 0 and some very smart throwaways decreased his completion percentage but we totally dominated and controlled this game. He converted some big 3rd downs, and used his legs very effectively.

Make no mistake, this offense runs through Shady but I think we are witnessing the evolution of Tyrod Taylor. I really felt Dennison held back big time in the 4th and just sat on the lead, up 2 scores, dominant defensive performance, that's fine but I'm really excited to see Taylor grow in this scheme and get comfortable with the WR corps.

This was a true team win, well , maybe minus ST, but for the first time in quite some time the O and D both showed up, 400+ yards on O , just over 200 allowed. Taylor's stats weren't eye popping but he did what needed to be done and looked vastly improved in the pocket. I'm really excited to see us match up with Carolina, I don't see any reason we can't have the same outcome.

Tyrod 2.0 is here

I'm sorry, but this is quite delusional.

I didn't see drastic improvement or poise. I saw more easy and simple throws under little to no pressure.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. Posters claim they know what TT is and that they don't say he's great, but one decent performance against a bad team and they are claiming him as such.

What you saw was nothing special. It's gonna take much more than that over the course of multiple games before I make such proclamations about TT making drastic improvement.

WHat you write above could describe almost most of the QBs in the league!

Same guy that will likely lead another top 12 scoring offense. When does he get credit?

WHat you write above could describe almost most of the QBs in the league!

Never seen any QB's "missed reads" dissected so much as I have with Tyrod. I never hear announcers during a game bring this up with any QB. No one knows the play call or progressions so I don't know how anyone could say where the ball should have been thrown. But that narrative is already built for Tyrod so expect to see it pop up a lot this year.

Same guy that will likely lead another top 12 scoring offense. When does he get credit?

He simply won't. No matter what. I rewatched the game. Many throws that were dropped and others that were smart throwaways. He even slid on a run! He was efficient and if Clay didn't drop that pass it would of been 3-0 td/int.

Edited by r00tabaga

Never seen any QB's "missed reads" dissected so much as I have with Tyrod. I never hear announcers during a game bring this up with any QB. No one knows the play call or progressions so I don't know how anyone could say where the ball should have been thrown. But that narrative is already built for Tyrod so expect to see it pop up a lot this year.

I never heard receivers blamed so much for dropped passes as I hear with TT, so it evens out.

I never heard receivers blamed so much for dropped passes as I hear with TT, so it evens out.

That's because you don't actually pay attention to other teams Crusher, only insofar as you can use them to vaguely criticize Tyrod. Receivers get dinged for dropped passes all the time. A lot of people who think Wentz will be good used that excuse for him last year. And it was valid! He still made plenty of mistakes but his receivers dropped the football too many times. Are you even aware of that? I doubt it. Edited by HappyDays

Here comes the Cult.... any time anyone says anything that isn't praise be to Tyrod they attack.

Tyrod gets credit for yesterday, he played well. He gets credit for the last two years when he also played reasonably well. All I said was I didn't see a big step forward yesterday. It is the same Tyrod. If they put a defense behind him that will mean 10 wins, if they don't it means 7 or 8 wins.

I'm sorry, but this is quite delusional.

I didn't see drastic improvement or poise. I saw more easy and simple throws under little to no pressure.

This is the stuff I'm talking about. Posters claim they know what TT is and that they don't say he's great, but one decent performance against a bad team and they are claiming him as such.

What you saw was nothing special. It's gonna take much more than that over the course of multiple games before I make such proclamations about TT making drastic improvement.

front line gave him time ,keep the pressure off.

Everyone bitched he could not throw over the middle and he did.

Edited by mead107

Here comes the Cult.... any time anyone says anything that isn't praise be to Tyrod they attack.

Tyrod gets credit for yesterday, he played well. He gets credit for the last two years when he also played reasonably well. All I said was I didn't see a big step forward yesterday. It is the same Tyrod. If they put a defense behind him that will mean 10 wins, if they don't it means 7 or 8 wins.

This. He looked the exact same.

When the running game works, you don't notice him. When it doesn't, he sticks out like a sore thumb.

ClassicTyrod.

Yes here comes the cult, into an open thread on an open message board, to discuss the most important position in all of sports. Do you usually make comments and not expect people to respond to them?

Yes here comes the cult, into an open thread on an open message board, to discuss the most important position in all of sports. Do you usually make comments and not expect people to respond to them?

I don't mind people responding. It is all the "when does he get credit?" questions who wilfully misinterpret my original response as being critical. It wasn't. The OP actually called Tyrod's performance "amazing" in the game day thread. There is something in between "amazing" and "sucks" and yet when you articulate that you are treated like a traitor.