Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, no complaints of Taylors inability to throw over the middle?

It was nice to see him go over the middle more. I don't think that's so absolutely critical as some. Most important thing was using Clay more. as teams pay more attention to him, it will open up things for other receivers.

People keep saying this about the run game, but why? It's their strength, until a team can stop it you go with your strength, and I didn't see many teams last year slow the running game.

Of course they should keep running, I'm just saying eventually it won't work or the team will fall behind a couple TDs. In those games we will have to start passing. Tyrod should be a game manager until that situation arises.

People keep saying this about the run game, but why? It's their strength, until a team can stop it you go with your strength, and I didn't see many teams last year slow the running game.

because they can't

So it's an overblown issue when he doesn't do it but when he does do it he deserves credit? Asking for a friend since it difficult to keep up. ;)

I say yes

So it's an overblown issue when he doesn't do it but when he does do it he deserves credit? Asking for a friend since it difficult to keep up. ;)

This is what bothered me with posters here after the game.

Another is how I heard that nobody claims TT is great, but many jumped on that narrative after this average performance.

Of course they should keep running, I'm just saying eventually it won't work or the team will fall behind a couple TDs. In those games we will have to start passing. Tyrod should be a game manager until that situation arises.

it might not work, or it might continue to work. We'll see.

One also hopes the D continues to play well. Yes, the Jets are limited offensively but it was comforting to see guys swarming to the ball, two picks, CBs that can locate the ball in the air, and so on.

It's often both interesting and informative to read the opposing team's writeups after the game to get an outside perspective. I read about six of them and whenever they talked about the Bills they said the Jets had no answers for controlling Shady or Tyrod. They always seemed to mention Taylor in addition to McCoy.

This is what bothered me with posters here after the game.

Another is how I heard that nobody claims TT is great, but many jumped on that narrative after this average performance.

Big TT fan and big critique.

Peterman is chomping at the bit for play time and the kid can play.

Hold your horses...

Edited by Figster

Peterman did not show going through more than two progressions. He did not show any ability when there was a strong rush. He did not show any throwing with anticipation before the cut on anything over about 10 yards. People gave him credit for things he never did.

I'm confident that he will be given an opportunity to play this season so the staff can see what he can do. Of course because of his inexperience he isn't presently accomplished in a more sophisticated offense. He's a rookie. What do you expect? To be an instant success? He was considered to be a smart player coming out of college with a not so strong arm. As the season advances and the team slides out of the running (as I expect) odds are that the staff will want to see what he can do.

Do I think he is going to be our long-term answer at qb? Absolutely not. There was a reason why he was drafted in the fifth round. But what I already know is what TT can do. For me he is not the answer. My hope is that the organization uses their first round pick to get a more talented qb who will be significantly better than what they already have.

It depends on your definition of drop and catchable.

It's still not a valid excuse either way.

It is subject to interpretation but charted and attributed to receivers. I'm not sure what the excuse even is that you are referring to? I chimed in after someone was shocked at how many dropped passes get pinned on the receivers. I said that the overwhelming majority of drops are blamed on the receiver. That's why receivers have drops tracked.

I'm confident that he will be given an opportunity to play this season so the staff can see what he can do. Of course because of his inexperience he isn't presently accomplished in a more sophisticated offense. He's a rookie. What do you expect? To be an instant success? He was considered to be a smart player coming out of college with a not so strong arm. As the season advances and the team slides out of the running (as I expect) odds are that the staff will want to see what he can do.

Do I think he is going to be our long-term answer at qb? Absolutely not. There was a reason why he was drafted in the fifth round. But what I already know is what TT can do. For me he is not the answer. My hope is that the organization uses their first round pick to get a more talented qb who will be significantly better than what they already have.

Not unless TT gets hurt or the team as a whole starts to fail. Can I assume you're not hoping for either of those to take place?

It is subject to interpretation but charted and attributed to receivers. I'm not sure what the excuse even is that you are referring to? I chimed in after someone was shocked at how many dropped passes get pinned on the receivers. I said that the overwhelming majority of drops are blamed on the receiver. That's why receivers have drops tracked.

That particular poster was talking about how often the EXCUSE of dropped passes was brought up as well.

It's often both interesting and informative to read the opposing team's writeups after the game to get an outside perspective. I read about six of them and whenever they talked about the Bills they said the Jets had no answers for controlling Shady or Tyrod. They always seemed to mention Taylor in addition to McCoy.

The most explosive backfield in the NFL.

TnT ...

Tyrod gave us no other option but to hold our horses with solid play yesterday.

That's where I currently stand

:thumbsup:

Not unless TT gets hurt or the team as a whole starts to fail. Can I assume you're not hoping for either of those to take place?

I'm not rooting for anyone to get hurt. Never have for anyone on any team. Insulted by your comment. I'm not hoping that the team will fail but am clearheaded enough to realize the limitations of the roster for this rebuilding team.

Wow. Guy played good and we can't just be happy. I feel like the minority here. I'm the loser for liking OUR starting QB.

There is a crispness to the pace of the offense as well and nobody is mentioning this. I liked what I saw. Tyrod had almost 300 yds combined and was 2/1 and really SHOULD have been 3/0.

------------------

I'm with you on this. He seemed much improved albeit against the Jets. Outside of Clay he didn't really have that chemistry with his WRs. He hit Zay on a pretty quick hitch and I thought it would continue, wrong. Matthews had one big play but to be fair he missed all of the preseason. Thank God for Shady and Tolbert ran well. This team is better than most give credit for.

Tyrod gave us no other option but to hold our horses with solid play yesterday.

That's where I currently stand

"Tyrod gave us no other option...."

Behind that curious turn of phrase is an agenda, eh?

Why do I imagine you saying that thru gritted teeth.......

"Tyrod gave us no other option...."

Behind that curious turn of phrase is an agenda, eh?

Why do I imagine you saying that thru gritted teeth.......

My guess is probably because you have a wild imagination that you acquired by reading too much into what is on the internet.

He did some things that he was criticized for last year. Used the TE more. More stuff over the middle. Hung in the pocket longer on some throws. He will never be a prototype big NFL QB. And those guys will never be TT. Let him do what he does best.

So yes you are wrong. And probably ugly too.

Nothing I said was wrong. It was exactly what happened in the game. So, the opposite of wrong.

You say he hung in the pocket which is true. He hung in the pocket because he had a tough time examining what he's seeing and doesn't make reads fast enough.

He needs to work on that more than anything else. He needs to trust his receivers to be where the play dictates they will be and throw the ball giving them a chance to do something after the catch.

He waits til a player is open and thus the play more times than not ends as soon as they make the catch.

It wasn't all bad. No one is saying that. There was good and there was bad. Playing the Jets helped in that we could still win with the bad.

That's going to change as soon as we play a real team out there.

I'm allowed to criticize our qb. Especially when the qb has very real things to criticize. I saw more of the same than much needed improvement and you didn't. Season truly starts next week.

Edited by likei've