Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the COT crew is pounder their chest at how well Tyrod did against a team battling for last place. A team expected to be one of if not THE worst team in the NFL.

No pressure on Tyrod gave him a easy day. Remember Trent Edwards was very good with no pressure but once the pressure was on from a good team he would be on the bench after multiple 3 and outs.

I will wait till later in the season to decide if Tyrod has improved. In my opinion this game was a free win that even the Thad or Thigpen would have won.

I hope Im incorrect and Tyrod has a playoff season but Im not holding my breathe I'm expecting the same old Tyrod just not good enough.

Edited by xRUSHx

It wasn't a phenomenal performance, but I saw Tyrod do some nice things yesterday. There was one throw to Clay which was the definition of anticipatory. He threw the ball before Clay made his break to the area Clay would be moments later. Great completion over the middle. I saw him step up in the pocket at least once. I saw him use the middle of the field and hit receivers on target setting up for yards after the catch. Only once or twice did I scream "throw the f@#$ing football!" at the television.

Threw a great pass on both matthews completions. The first was a super tight window and a perfect throw for a first. The other was thrown perfect so he could get it in stride and get some YAC.

He also looked good and comfortable on the playfakes - which will be much more important as the season progresses.

Made solid decisions to throw some away rather than try and force anything.

Kept a few drives alive and helped burn clock with his legs. All in all a pretty good game. Nothing special, but it was a win - and he contributed a lot to the win.

Edited by dneveu

Threw a great pass on both matthews completions. The first was a super tight window and a perfect throw for a first. The other was thrown perfect so he could get it in stride and get some YAC.

He also looked good and comfortable on the playfakes - which will be much more important as the season progresses.

Made solid decisions to throw some away rather than try and force anything.

Kept a few drives alive and helped burn clock with his legs. All in all a pretty good game. Nothing special, but it was a win - and he contributed a lot to the win.

The first throw to Matthews was the encouraging because Taylor never usually throws that ball.

The second one also a good one because Matthew sat in the window, changed directions and broke a tackle for a big game. Wasn't hitting in stride, Matthew was facing Taylor but still fit it in the window.

The best throw he made was to Jones, hit him perfectly in stride. That was the best moment for me yesterday about Taylor.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

So you think they didn't trust him to throw it in the 4th? Not that we had successfully ran all day and could easily kill the clock and ensure a win? Strange take, for sure.

It took us intercepting the ball again to ensure the game was over because we couldn't sustain a drive at the end by having to play so vanilla.

I've watched us throw away too many games at the end because we go into a protective shell and go three and out over and over again.

Weird take, or you just don't remember those games? We're not going to be able to count on the defense always coming up with a stop and turnover.

We have to take advantage of all of our opportunities. We're not good enough to sit on leads.

It took us intercepting the ball again to ensure the game was over because we couldn't sustain a drive at the end by having to play so vanilla.

I've watched us throw away too many games at the end because we go into a protective shell and go three and out over and over again.

Weird take, or you just don't remember those games? We're not going to be able to count on the defense always coming up with a stop and turnover.

We have to take advantage of all of our opportunities. We're not good enough to sit on leads.

We're a different team, they're a different opponent. Context matters. This game was never in doubt. If we're playing someone other than the Jets averaging 4.8 YPA passing and 2.5 YPC rushing we probably don't take our foot off the gas so much.

We're a different team, they're a different opponent. Context matters. This game was never in doubt. If we're playing someone other than the Jets averaging 4.8 YPA passing and 2.5 YPC rushing we probably don't take our foot off the gas so much.

I hope that's true. It seemed a lot like I've seen that script play out one too many times.

If it was purely a Jets deal, that's fine. But if we start doing that against good teams you can bet it's going to be hard to get the momentum back once we willingly hand it over playing vanilla.

What was with Tolbert and the sweeps? They were doing a great job opening holes up the middle for him all game?

Edited by likei've

I'll keep this short, Taylor showed huge improvements in his game and it was evident from the first series. Specifically in the pocket.

His footwork, poise and speed scanning the field looks to have improved drastically. A huge drop by Clay turned 7 into 0 and some very smart throwaways decreased his completion percentage but we totally dominated and controlled this game. He converted some big 3rd downs, and used his legs very effectively.

Make no mistake, this offense runs through Shady but I think we are witnessing the evolution of Tyrod Taylor. I really felt Dennison held back big time in the 4th and just sat on the lead, up 2 scores, dominant defensive performance, that's fine but I'm really excited to see Taylor grow in this scheme and get comfortable with the WR corps.

This was a true team win, well , maybe minus ST, but for the first time in quite some time the O and D both showed up, 400+ yards on O , just over 200 allowed. Taylor's stats weren't eye popping but he did what needed to be done and looked vastly improved in the pocket. I'm really excited to see us match up with Carolina, I don't see any reason we can't have the same outcome.

Tyrod 2.0 is here

Thought Tyrod played pretty well, especially having limited time in pre-season and with new WR group. It's was interesting re-watching the game and TT missed some wide open guys. Yes, Clay should of come down with that ball, but Zay was wide open in the middle where Clay was double teamed. TT still needs to do a better job finding open receivers, but again thought he played well enough to win.

I hope that's true. It seemed a lot like I've seen that script play out one too many times.

If it was purely a Jets deal, that's fine. But if we start doing that against good teams you can bet it's going to be hard to get the momentum back once we willingly hand it over playing vanilla.

What was with Tolbert and the sweeps? They were doing a great job opening holes up the middle for him all game?

No idea on the sweeps, that ish was maddening. I can guarantee McD wants to bury our opponent this week though. Just hope it doesn't bite us like that time NE* tried to run up the score against us and Tyrod strung together some scores :lol:

The thing with TT is this: it's like going to a steakhouse when you really are hungry for Italian. You could have a great steak, cooked just the way you like, everything good. But it doesn't matter because what you really wanted was Italian.

TT can play good football, but no matter how he does, if your idea of a QB is the big, strong armed guy that can make throws, like a Big Ben or a Rodgers, it won't matter how a guy like TT does. You just won't like it because it's not what you want.

The problem with this analogy is that Taylor is not steak...more like a cheese steak.

Steak is top of the line. Rodgers and Brady are steak and lobster.

The problem with this analogy is that Taylor is not steak...more like a cheese steak.

Steak is top of the line. Rodgers and Brady are steak and lobster.

Actually, I think Taylor is :

Grilled Nilgai Antelope with Caramelized Apricots, Apricot Agri-doux, Glazed Couscous, Ginger Infused Apricot Puree, Asparagus Tips and Red Wine Jus,

Perhaps served with a Nobilo 2014 Icon Pinot Noir

And an order of buffalo wings on the side.......

Edited by grb

I'd like for the coaches to trust him to throw the ball even when we're ahead. We go into time management mode with any lead.

It will probably be based on how the game is going. The Jets weren't scoring so they trusted they wouldn't. I doubt you'll see any let down if we manage to go up by 10 against an offense that was scoring on us until the end of the 4th.

Edited by Scott7975