Tyrod Taylor 2.0?

JerseyBills

Its very simple. If Taylor plays the way he played sunday and the defense plays the way they did Buffalo wins more than they lose this year. The team isnt built for shoot outs but the offense is able to score points.

While this may prove to be true assuming this team isn't as bad as most think, you aren't going to truly contend with the elite teams in this league or win playoffs games without a QB that can put up yards and score through the air.

And even with the Pats and Brady possibly on the downswing, it took a career game from Alex Smith to beat them. Certainly don't see Taylor being able to do that especially with this WR depth chart.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll keep this short, Taylor showed huge improvements in his game and it was evident from the first series. Specifically in the pocket.

His footwork, poise and speed scanning the field looks to have improved drastically. A huge drop by Clay turned 7 into 0 and some very smart throwaways decreased his completion percentage but we totally dominated and controlled this game. He converted some big 3rd downs, and used his legs very effectively.

Make no mistake, this offense runs through Shady but I think we are witnessing the evolution of Tyrod Taylor. I really felt Dennison held back big time in the 4th and just sat on the lead, up 2 scores, dominant defensive performance, that's fine but I'm really excited to see Taylor grow in this scheme and get comfortable with the WR corps.

This was a true team win, well , maybe minus ST, but for the first time in quite some time the O and D both showed up, 400+ yards on O , just over 200 allowed. Taylor's stats weren't eye popping but he did what needed to be done and looked vastly improved in the pocket. I'm really excited to see us match up with Carolina, I don't see any reason we can't have the same outcome.

Tyrod 2.0 is here

I think we have to wait until Carolina to see if he has truly progressed. The Panthers D is much more formidable than the Jets.

I think we have to wait until Carolina to see if he has truly progressed. The Panthers D is much more formidable than the Jets.

Their secondary is pretty weak. The Jets up front are pretty stout but there is not question that Carolina has the better backers. Will be tougher to run ahainst their 43.

Only thing I noticed is he has started to use Clay and he is throwing the ball away more.

Guys still have to be wide open for him to throw them the ball. On Matthews big catch and run he was waiving his arms trying to get noticed.

A lot of safe throws as usual, our WRs were targeted 6 times if you take away all the throw aways. I'm alittle curious to see how many WRs around the NFL were targeted more then our entire WR group. That's the same old Tyrod. Sammy has complained about guys not getting targeted, and not just himself.

He doesn't move up in the pocket to throw, once he has to move forward he's looking to get out of the pocket. Seen it numerous times the other day. Probably part of the reason why our WRs lack targets.

Lastly, we had the ball late in the half and we ended up punting. Hes struggled in these situations since day 1 Buffalo and has shown little to no improvement at all. Good teams win games in these situations mainly because of the QB play.

This was just another unspectacular win against a below average opponent. A win is a win, I'm happy about that, but Taylor game still need much improvement for us to compete against quality opponents

Wow. This is the best evidence yet that you are actively rooting against Tyrod. That was a great play. I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

If Peterman made that same exact throw, which really wasn't across the body btw, people would be like "Tyrod could never make that throw."

Dishonest posting at it's worst.

You, nor anyone else has a clue when it comes to myself and my beliefs.

I actually find it very disrespectful,like most of the garbage you've spewed towards me. You lie and break rules here constasntly in regards to me, and to be quite honest, I'm tired of it.

Keep you're thoughts on me to yourself. You have no business speaking about another man unless you can say it to me in person.

Enough is enough with you, and it's time someone holds you accountable for the conduct you've displayed here.

Right and you never said on the BBMB something along the lines of "I cant wait until Tyrod fails so I can come back and destroy you guys." Please lie and say you never said that.

While this may prove to be true assuming this team isn't as bad as most think, you aren't going to truly contend with the elite teams in this league or win playoffs games without a QB that can put up yards and score through the air.

And even with the Pats and Brady possibly on the downswing, it took a career game from Alex Smith to beat them. Certainly don't see Taylor being able to do that especially with this WR depth chart.

Who are the Elite teams?? Right now I dont see any. Every team has weaknesses. Oakland I see as the most complete. Healthy Mccoy and competant defense they have the chance to be in every game.

If Peterman made that same exact throw, which really wasn't across the body btw, people would be like "Tyrod could never make that throw."

Right and you never said on the BBMB something along the lines of "I cant wait until Tyrod fails so I can come back and destroy you guys." Please lie and say you never said that.

I was actually there when he said it.....I remember that

Yes that's right. Then plays victim.

I was actually there when he said it.....I remember that

If you just block his posts, this board gets a lot better - like immediately. I promise you it will. I speak from experience. Your tolerance level for blatant stupidity must be much higher than mine.

Who are the Elite teams?? Right now I dont see any. Every team has weaknesses. Oakland I see as the most complete. Healthy Mccoy and competant defense they have the chance to be in every game.

You stole the words out of my mouth!

The AFC especially is weak overall, compared to the NFC . There really isn't much separating us from the "Elite" teams.

Which is the Pats* ? Oakland? Pitt? Ravens have an elite D ,I'll say that right now, but there really isn't any bullies in the AFC.

Like you said, defense and Shady, who will have a huge impact in the pass game this year,with those two things at a high level, we can play with anybody.

I'm done defending Taylor to guys with bias and hate towards him. Watch the game, look at his poise and footwork as opposed to last year, huge improvement, and I expect to get in the top 7 in scoring offense, our elite Rush attack is too much to contain for 4 quarters...

Remember his last game last year vs Miami and @Seattle, he can play and I think these improvements will = consistentcy. More 1st downs, less 3 & outs.

We have an all star coaching staff as well, imo and McD/Beane earned some trust watching that secondary of hand picked players look like they are going to be incredible this year.

If you just block his posts, this board gets a lot better - like immediately. I promise you it will. I speak from experience. Your tolerance level for blatant stupidity must be much higher than mine.

I might have to do that. Never did anything like that but this guy is brutal to converse with, how is he a Bills fan? How could you legitimately want to see failure from our QB? It makes me sick honestly

You stole the words out of my mouth!

The AFC especially is weak overall, compared to the NFC . There really isn't much separating us from the "Elite" teams.

Which is the Pats* ? Oakland? Pitt? Ravens have an elite D ,I'll say that right now, but there really isn't any bullies in the AFC.

Like you said, defense and Shady, who will have a huge impact in the pass game this year,with those two things at a high level, we can play with anybody.

I'm done defending Taylor to guys with bias and hate towards him. Watch the game, look at his poise and footwork as opposed to last year, huge improvement, and I expect to get in the top 7 in scoring offense, our elite Rush attack is too much to contain for 4 quarters...

Remember his last game last year vs Miami and @Seattle, he can play and I think these improvements will = consistentcy. More 1st downs, less 3 & outs.

We have an all star coaching staff as well, imo and McD/Beane earned some trust watching that secondary of hand picked players look like they are going to be incredible this year.

You're aware that Tyrod has played games like this over the past two years, right? And when he has, we've either won, or had a chance to win?

Tyrod is a game manager who can give us a chance to win when the defense plays well, and we stake ourselves to a lead, which allows us to run the ball, take time off the clock, and dictate the pace of the game.

What he hasn't shown the ability to do yet, is do the above consistently, or to put the game on his shoulders and carry the team when the defense isn't playing well and we find ourselves in a shootout, or when we are playing from behind neutralizing the benefits of our run game.

Also, one game is far too small of a sample size to form any opinions about Taylor's development.

If you're this ready to crown him after last week's performance, will you be equally ready to savage him if he doesn't play well in upcoming games? If the answer is "yes", then you shouldn't have been giving him this kind of attaboy for such a small sample size, and if your answer is "no", then you're arguing from emotion rather than common sense.

Pump the brakes a little.

You're aware that Tyrod has played games like this over the past two years, right? And when he has, we've either won, or had a chance to win?

Tyrod is a game manager who can give us a chance to win when the defense plays well, and we stake ourselves to a lead, which allows us to run the ball, take time off the clock, and dictate the pace of the game.

What he hasn't shown the ability to do yet, is do the above consistently, or to put the game on his shoulders and carry the team when the defense isn't playing well and we find ourselves in a shootout, or when we are playing from behind neutralizing the benefits of our run game.

Also, one game is far too small of a sample size to form any opinions about Taylor's development.

If you're this ready to crown him after last week's performance, will you be equally ready to savage him if he doesn't play well in upcoming games? If the answer is "yes", then you shouldn't have been giving him this kind of attaboy for such a small sample size, and if your answer is "no", then you're arguing from emotion rather than common sense.

I'm somewhere in the middle here , but i've got to say T T is getting better looks of the football field and making fast, decisive decisions IMO.(from a small sample albeit)

I have kind of fallen into the "he needs to show he can consistantly do this" camp given the qb talent of this next draft class....

I think we should still probably draft one unless Tyrod completely turns the corner this year in the consistancy department......we should could use those draft picks in other areas of the team as well

I have kind of fallen into the "he needs to show he can consistantly do this" camp given the qb talent of this next draft class....

I think we should still probably draft one unless Tyrod completely turns the corner this year in the consistancy department......we should could use those draft picks in other areas of the team as well

I don't care what Taylor does we are drafting a QB from this fully stocked draft class. This is his 7th season in the NFL, if he plays any better than the projected stats I will eat my shoe.

I'm somewhere in the middle here , but i've got to say T T is getting better looks of the football field and making fast, decisive decisions IMO.(from a small sample albeit)

Prior to this year Tyrod had made 851 pass attempts, this year he's made 28.

I think it's unreasonable to make judgments about his development based on the 28.

As I recall, the last regular season game TT played before this one, the Bills did not "stake themselves to a lead", the defense was not "playing well", the team was "in a shootout", and Taylor found himself "playing from behind".

Are all the cliches exhausted? Good; let's review what happened : Taylor found himself in a game where the Bills were behind by 14 points at three separate times, and he brought them back every single time - finally taking the lead at under two minutes with a 4th&Goal TD pass. Buffalo had 589 yds of total offense, Miami had 494. That, I believe, qualifies as a "shootout". Despite leading the team to a lead at under two minutes, the Bills lost.

Their defense was not "playing well"

Edited by grb

As I recall, the last regular season game TT played before this one, the Bills did not "stake themselves to a lead", the defense was not "playing well", the team was "in a shootout", and Taylor found himself "playing from behind".

Are all the cliches exhausted? Good; let's review what happened : Taylor found himself in a game where the Bills were behind by 14 points at three separate times, and he brought them back every single time - finally taking the lead at under two minutes with a 4th&Goal TD pass. Buffalo had 589 yds of total offense, Miami had 494. That, I believe, qualifies as a "shootout". Despite leading the team to a lead at under two minutes, the Bills lost.

Their defense was not "playing well"

If you'd like to make the case that this is a trait in Taylor's game, feel free.

Strange though that people making this case have to look to outliers rather than the larger body of work.