Baker Mayfield for Bills QB 2018

KellyToughII

Jackson reminds me of a bigger version of Tyrod.

I respectfully disagree. He has a more powerful arm but more importantly uses the whole field. As I said in a prior post don't let his sterling athletic talents blind you to his marvelous passing ability. He is still a little raw from a pro standpoint but under the tutelage of his scoundrel coach, Petrino, he is learning how to play the position.

Carr

Two Sheas.

But he has only done it once and got hurt badly at the end of the campaign. We'll see but you're probably right. That said, he was hardly seen as a sure thing as he went 2nd round. And for every Carr, there are 50 Connor Cooks. 3 years of rants just for a guy that is easily beaten out by EJ.

I'll say this for Baker Mayfield. Every time I see his name.....just for a second.....I think there is a big prize fight coming up in Vegas.

Jackson reminds me of a bigger version of Tyrod.

^This... Don't want anything to do with a QB who relies on his feet as part of his skill set. Why are RBs a dime a dozen? Because their shelf life is limited. Every time Tyrod takes off I hold my breath. I want somebody who is the face of the franchise well into his 30s. Stay in the pocket, throw it away if you have to, don't risk the team's season for three yards. I want a brady clone, not an RGIII clone.

Two Sheas.

But he has only done it once and got hurt badly at the end of the campaign. We'll see but you're probably right. That said, he was hardly seen as a sure thing as he went 2nd round. And for every Carr, there are 50 Connor Cooks. 3 years of rants just for a guy that is easily beaten out by EJ.

I'll say this for Baker Mayfield. Every time I see his name.....just for a second.....I think there is a big prize fight coming up in Vegas.

Stafford

Dalton

Flacco

Wentz

Mayfield has college superstar who doesn't transition well to the NFK written all over him imo. In a draft loaded with pro style QB's, I don't like the idea of taking a chance on Mayfield. Rosen and Darnold are pro style QB's who are adept at reading defenses from the pocket. Mayfield is a guy with a ton of physical talent. I'm just not sure how it will translate to the pro game. Beside the OSU D has been shredded by lots of high powered college offenses over the years

How dare you post logic on this board!

Which dual threat QBs do you not like? Prescott, Wilson, Mariota?

You're right, Wilson is a known commodity at this point and Prescott and Mariota are having success right now. But what about 5 years from now. How many running QBs have won a Super Bowl? What was the knock on Tarkington? Give me a slow footed guy with great mental skills who can throw darts into small windows from the pocket every time.

I was out last night so didn't see any of the games. I still haven't watched a Mayfield game. KellyTough obviously has a reason to love him. I an intruiged to watch him play.

What I like about him is that he has got the "fire" in his belly to win that it doesn't seem like some other QBs (Luke Falk) have.

I'm a Moderator and I have no problem with this new thread. We have 4 picks in the first 64 and QB HAS to be at the top of the list! What's your problem?

Go Bills!

every time we have tried to start a QB 2018 thread or college prospect thread for that reason, it has been moved to the college forum. I even started a thread in customer service forum asking for at least one college thread on the main forum, given the huge draft coming up for the Bills. We have even had one in previous years. I was denied and told to use the college forum. Edited by YoloinOhio

^This... Don't want anything to do with a QB who relies on his feet as part of his skill set. Why are RBs a dime a dozen? Because their shelf life is limited. Every time Tyrod takes off I hold my breath. I want somebody who is the face of the franchise well into his 30s. Stay in the pocket, throw it away if you have to, don't risk the team's season for three yards. I want a brady clone, not an RGIII clone.

Then you're going to have to settle for a lousy QB. The modern QBs all use their feet as part of their skill sets. I think what you mean is you don't want a QB who relies on his feet as his primary skill set. :beer:

Then you're going to have to settle for a lousy QB. The modern QBs all use their feet as part of their skill sets. I think what you mean is you don't want a QB who relies on his feet as his primary skill set. :beer:

It might be he just wants a slow guy. Crack head Frankenstein Ryan Mallett may be available.

every time we have tried to start a QB 2018 thread or college prospect thread for that reason, it has been moved to the college forum. I even started a thread in customer service forum asking for at least one college thread on the main forum, given the huge draft coming up for the Bills. We have even had one in previous years. I was denied and told to use the college forum.

I was going to start one yesterday with all the games, as I remember we had them last year. But I saw what was said when I searched.

Weird.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.