Baker Mayfield for Bills QB 2018

KellyToughII

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

His ceiling = Sam Bradfords floor. No thanks.

I think all of these guys will suck to potentially topping out as the next Tony Eason in the case of Donald. Jackson has the best shot at being good.

That said, outside of Winston, Mariota and possibly Goff, all of the winning QBs are a bit older so one or more of these guys may end up as an albatross on a winning team.

Even if it is a promising class to me there is Darnold and then there is everybody else and the separation is clear. You don't tank a season from the outset but drafting Darnold would almost be worth it. I'm sick at the thought of him suiting up as a Jet. Also as may have been mentioned, Mayfield may not be Sean's kind of guy.

Even if it is a promising class to me there is Darnold and then there is everybody else and the separation is clear. You don't tank a season from the outset but drafting Darnold would almost be worth it. I'm sick at the thought of him suiting up as a Jet. Also as may have been mentioned, Mayfield may not be Sean's kind of guy.

I also don't like that I get his first name and last name crossed occasionally. I don't have that issue with any other QB.

Another 18 QB wish list?

Can we not focus on this year?

Today's hero could be tomorrow's chump.

Nothing wrong with talking about QB's, but sometimes people overreact. Darnold is far and away the best prospect. That's not going to change. The fact that Mayfield beat OSU doesn't change who is as a prospect whatsoever. It also doesn't lower the value of Darnold and Rosen. Fans get caught up in big college wins, and miss out on the skills that seperate prospects.

Nothing wrong with talking about QB's, but sometimes people overreact. Darnold is far and away the best prospect. That's not going to change. The fact that Mayfield beat OSU doesn't change who is as a prospect whatsoever. It also doesn't lower the value of Darnold and Rosen. Fans get caught up in big college wins, and miss out on the skills that seperate prospects.

It's September Week 1 of the 17 season.

Sorry this is a quitters thread imo.

If you post it I will comment on it.

With that I'm done.

Enjoy wishing for misery.

Was at the USC Stanford game last night and I'm not sure about this. Darnold made a few really nice throws, but he didn't stand out as particularly special to me at all. He's good, but definitely not far and away better than anyone else.

Donald has played what, 5 games? Talked about overreacting. Granted he wore down the Southern Michigan defense for sure.

same here, red flags with Mayfield and enough with the dual threat Jackson. Doesn't translate well. Too big of a chance.

What young non dual threat has come into the NFL in the last 10 years and succeeded? Edited by 4merper4mer

Was at the USC Stanford game last night and I'm not sure about this. Darnold made a few really nice throws, but he didn't stand out as particularly special to me at all. He's good, but definitely not far and away better than anyone else.

He made fantastic throws last night when he needed to. And he was happy to let the left side of his line and the running game take over when he didn't need to. I know its early but I see him as the clear front runner in the pro prospect sweepstakes.

As I said in the 2018 draft thread:

Mayfield is my QB1 for now, and his first big test comes against Ohio State.

He passed. Now I need to see if he can keep up the quick release and downfield vision.

Right now, he stays my QB1.

Bandit keep your eye on Jackson from Louisville. He is one of the most dynamic players I have ever seen. Don't allow his marvelous athletic abilities to distract you away from his magnificent throws. He is a polished Vick who has a good feel for the game.

What I'm hoping for and see materializing is that there will be a number of legitimate qbs to chose from. With the deepening pool that increases the odds of us getting one, assuming that is what this new regime is planning on.

The best case scenario is that the Bills will be in a good position to draft a prime qb prospect without having to give up any or too many of its draft picks. A lesson to be learned is that accumulating picks and better positioning your franchise is better than gratuitously giving up picks for players who don't last on your roster.

Bandit keep your eye on Jackson from Louisville. He is one of the most dynamic players I have ever seen. Don't allow his marvelous athletic abilities to distract you away from his magnificent throws. He is a polished Vick who has a good feel for the game.

What I'm hoping for and see materializing is that there will be a number of legitimate qbs to chose from. With the deepening pool that increases the odds of us getting one, assuming that is what this new regime is planning on.

The best case scenario is that the Bills will be in a good position to draft a prime qb prospect without having to give up any or too many of its draft picks. A lesson to be learned is that accumulating picks and better positioning your franchise is better than gratuitously giving up picks for players who don't last on your roster.

Jackson reminds me of a bigger version of Tyrod.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.