Can this Bills D do what Chiefs' D did to Pats?

CanadianFan

https://brickwallblitz.com/2017/09/08/chiefs-defense-was-phenomenal-against-tom-brady-to-start-the-2017-season/

There's a good article about Chiefs' D against Pats. Brady had a 44% completion rate, something I don't ever recall him having.

He makes great point about Brady here that I didn't realize:

Tom Brady has never been a great deep passer. His accuracy on throws of 16+ last year was 16th. On throws or 20+, he was 18th. He’s a quarterback that has been sensational in the short/intermediate range.

So it IS true that Brady has a weak ass arm, still LMAO.

Brady is highly noted as a fantastic pre snap quarterback that knows how to read defenses before the snap and understands where to throw the ball. Playing in a great, but complex system that encourages quick throws underneath and in between 10-15 yards has allowed Brady to develop as one of the game’s greatest players.

Actually, this makes Brady sound like Peterman. A LOT. OMG. Do we have a Tom Brady?

The Chiefs’ defense didn’t allow for that at all. The game plan that sent packages of three-man rushes to Brady was highly scrutinized early on. It made the Patriots’ offensive line look amazing, but in the long run, it worked. It stressed Brady’s weaknesses and suffocated his strengths.

With the constant three-man rushes, the Chiefs defense was able to cover the underneath routes in which the Patriots’ offense has consistently thrived on for years. With Brady forced to throw downfield, his accuracy waned. It doesn’t mean that Brady is declining. In fact, against lesser game plans you can expect the same high quality of play he has provided in his future Hall of Fame career.

Well you still have to beat Pats D as well. It took a great game plan by Chiefs' D and a great game out of Alex Smith and Hunt to beat them. Won't be easy no. But there's a blue print to do it.

I doubt it. Brady has had his statistical best games vs the Bills D. It's hard to see this unit faring much better unless TB truly is starting to slide. They've had more talented D units in the past. The Chiefs coverage was pretty good, and it may have been different if Berry had been injured earlier.

The answer is NO. Bills secondary sucks. Expect Patriots to roll Buffalo BOTH times.

Yeah that's what I see as well. The secondary isn't the greatest at the moment. I need to re-watch the game and see what chiefs' secondary was doing. I know the guy said double-coverage underneath. Ours is going to be zone all the time, and Brady usually carves up zones. That's also what he does best, finding space in zones with his short quick accurate throws.

https://brickwallblitz.com/2017/09/08/chiefs-defense-was-phenomenal-against-tom-brady-to-start-the-2017-season/

There's a good article about Chiefs' D against Pats. Brady had a 44% completion rate, something I don't ever recall him having.

He makes great point about Brady here that I didn't realize:

So it IS true that Brady has a weak ass arm, still LMAO.

Actually, this makes Brady sound like Peterman. A LOT. OMG. Do we have a Tom Brady?

Well you still have to beat Pats D as well. It took a great game plan by Chiefs' D and a great game out of Alex Smith and Hunt to beat them. Won't be easy no. But there's a blue print to do it.

...Andy went of out character with his play calling, Alex responded and BB had no answer defensively....their defense was exposed....several articles out there about how the Pats struggled all pre-season covering RB's out of the backfield....Faulk used to smoke us.....so hopefully Dennison is a film rat and dials up Shady & company to return the "Faulk favor"...stay tuned.....

Yes I think they can but I think Bills will rush 4 and put a lot more pressure on Brady then Chiefs did. That game is a long ways away and a lot can happen between now and then. Chiefs got 2 4th quarter sacks rushing 4. Pats are overrated at a couple of positions. Offensive line being one of them. Tom Brady looked good but not great. Any pressure and he just spikes the ball. Seems like he's afraid to get hit.

Yes I think they can but I think Bills will rush 4 and put a lot more pressure on Brady then Chiefs did. That game is a long ways away and a lot can happen between now and then. Chiefs got 2 4th quarter sacks rushing 4. Pats are overrated at a couple of positions. Offensive line being one of them. Tom Brady looked good but not great. Any pressure and he just spikes the ball. Seems like he's afraid to get hit.

all about the pressure. Been said many time and many ways. Love Bills are going back to a 4 man rush. and we have the players to get it done :thumbsup:

" don't touch me with your cooties! HEY Ref HEY REF!! he touched me!! wheres the damn sanitizer on this field anyways? " " i am going to tell My Daddy and you will be in big trouble"

LONG LONG time before we play NE!

yep, we better rest up

i think everyone learned that lesson years ago.

.......Brady goes down in 2008 and we're licking our chops as Cassel starts, going 11-5...astonishing that it wasn't good enough for the playoffs and equally astonishing Bflo didn't make the playoffs either (COUGH)...BUT we were the only stain on Jacoby's perfect substitute record....major kudos.....BUT you keep fighting the fight......playing for second best means jack....

their oline will hold all game.

we will see meatball blow by the center/guard 3-4x and be literally tackled to the ground with no call.

then MD better be there to rip Tom's f'n head off. do what ya gotta do.

we all know how the game is played

.......Brady goes down in 2008 and we're licking our chops as Cassel starts, going 11-5...astonishing that it wasn't good enough for the playoffs and equally astonishing Bflo didn't make the playoffs either (COUGH)...BUT we were the only stain on Jacoby's perfect substitute record....major kudos.....BUT you keep fighting the fight......playing for second best means jack....

Damn straight. Keep eyes open and keep grinding. so much is mentality

his deep throws againt us always seem to be laser guided missiles...remember that bomb to Tims in double coverage that landed perfectly in his arms for a TD with Bills defenders all over him??

his deep throws againt us always seem to be laser guided missiles...remember that bomb to Tims in double coverage that landed perfectly in his arms for a TD with Bills defenders all over him??

and who was covering? We have had some real treats on the Bills.

I think part of why they win is intimidation. Just a mindset that somehow they are going to beat you.

Hpe the Chiefs game empowers others to say " yes we can"

Leodis for one, pre Donnie Henderson

Edited by 3rdand12

Apart from differences in the KC defense in terms of experience and proven quality, this is kind of an apples to oranges comparison. KC ran a lot of man coverage. Buffalo is not going to do much of that. Buffalo is very much going to be a zone coverage team. Brady tends to have zone coverage teams for lunch, unless they can generate a tone of pressure with their front seven. Buffalo's front four in particular are going to have to be very effective versus NE's offensive line to create the pressure needed to frustrate Brady the way KC did.

http://thecomeback.com/freezingcoldtakes/nfl/never-forget-for-one-week-in-2014-tom-brady-and-the-patriots-dynasty-was-dead.html

Just two years ago, though, the Patriots started the season 1-1, then eked out an ugly 16-9 Sept. 21 home win over the Raiders before being clobbered 41-14 Sept. 29 by Kansas City on Monday Night Football. Brady played particularly poorly in both games, and that led to a whole lot of people assuming the then-37-year-old Brady and the Patriots’ dynasty were both done.

How have you determined this already? :excl:

Well...Maybe it does...But I don't see how anyone could possibly know seeing as though every player is new back there...

You have a crystal ball or something? B-)

He has determined it already and, no, he doesn't have a crystal ball. If you combined every post of his that was some variation of "the Bills suck" into one post, he would have, well, one post...

Edited by billsfan1959

He has determined it already and, no, he doesn't have a crystal ball. If you combined every post of his that was some variation of "the Bills suck" into one post, he would have, well, one post...

well, he might have a crystal ball...

NE didn't really have a problem moving the ball until they fell behind late and the noose got a little tighter around the neck. They will score points regardless but what everyone got to see is that you can move the ball on them as well.

You have to put up points on them, thats for sure