Anyone else get pissed when Michael's disrespected Buffalo?

JerseyBills

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha..yup!

Also don't forget how the narrative changed to "this Chiefs team has been good, they shouldn't be overlooked, they belong, etc etc"; nobody was saying that 2hrs prior to the game. All of the experts were to busy wiping Brady's butt sweat off their face.

right.... how many times did they mention brady completing less than 50% of his passes? nooooo that couldn't have anything to do with the loss. gotta be the ONE injured player on D.

I generally find it painful listening to broadcasters doing NFL games. I often find the commentary to be impulsive, uninsightful, and obvious. Regardless of whether you like soccer, watch 15 minutes of an English Premiere league match and the contrast will demonstrate the poor quality of NFL broadcasting.

Well, this is simply untrue. They did not hand McCoy 2 million. According to the reports they included incentives that, if reached, could get him 2.5 million.

Well. He's not wrong about them going too low on the tender at all. Getting Matt Milano hasn't exactly made this team better than when they had Gillislee - Milano is only on the team because of who drafted him, not because he necessarily deserved a roster spot over Hodges.

Edited by Ayjent

I lol'd.

We agree too much...

Nice of the BIlls to be the Pats farm system.

Before that they developed RBs who then left to go help out playoff teams.

I generally find it painful listening to broadcasters doing NFL games. I often find the commentary to be impulsive, uninsightful, and obvious. Regardless of whether you like soccer, watch 15 minutes of an English Premiere league match and the contrast will demonstrate the poor quality of NFL broadcasting.

Announcers tend to take the last play and act like it is a definitive action.

Chiefs break up a good pass and Chris says "the Chiefs have PERFECTED THEIR D for that kind of play!"

and then the Pats connect the next two times they run that same play and life goes on.

Gruden was the worst, he announced 20 players were all-times greats every quarter and that every 3 yard slant was a catch of the century.

When I get too upset I realize I should be grateful I have the mental energy away from the rat-race grind to maybe think about something useful... :D

Well. He's not wrong about them going too low on the tender at all. Getting Matt Milano hasn't exactly made this team better than when they had Gillislee - Milano is only on the team because of who drafted him, not because he necessarily deserved a roster spot over Hodges.

I do not understand what you are trying to say here. If we assume McD was making the calls on the draft he also made the call on Hodges. I expect Hodges back after game 1 so his salary is not guaranteed..

NFL announcers are national crews, they fly in two days before the game and get all their research done by talking to the self-serving GM of each team.

They do not have a clue about the nuances of the teams they are covering, they barely tell us who is on the field correctly.

Radio is the best for the NFL for useful info.

We get our hockey and baseball coverage about 98% from local announcers or de facto local announcers, except for the playoffs.

I do not understand what you are trying to say here. If we assume McD was making the calls on the draft he also made the call on Hodges. I expect Hodges back after game 1 so his salary is not guaranteed..

I was just saying that ScottLaw's take on Gillislee's tender being too low was accurate and that Milano who came from the low tender hasn't shown to make up for Gillislee's loss of talent. Milano hasn't shown much yet, and usually defensive players show flashes of ability pretty soon even in their rookie year. Not saying he won't improve, but to see him as a solid contributor seems like a longshot in my mind.

Oh excuse me.

They will give McCoy an extra 2.5 mil if he hits certain milestones.

Would've made a lot more sense to ACTUALLY use that 2.5 on MG and Woods 8 million towards the Watkins contract.... IMO.

I cant believe people are losing so much sleep over gillislee... really like the guy. real nice backup. didn't do anything last night that was overly impressive. you don't think the pats could have found 10-15 other guys to fill that role? he had 3 td's from inside the 2. are we really losing our minds over that? why? we've got McCoy, and apparently enough confidence in the rest of the crew to let Williams walk after an impressive preseason. Tolbert could very easily do EXACTLY what td mike did last night. I don't get the uproar. its a waste of energy

Stupid comment that just shows the ball-washing the national media engages in with the Pats. But the irony is, he said that with a Gillislee run... Shady's better you fool. Watkins was better than Hogan and Jones and Matthews are. And White, says a crisp $100, is and will be better than Ole Tackler #24.

Definitely, I'm telling you guys, Gaines can play too but White just sounds like he's a natural DB and the consistentcy I expect him to show is going to be soo refreshing.

He compared a 6-9 yard run by TD Mike to Leveon Bell for F's sake!! This was ball washing on another level,I just cringed at the lack of knowledge,

I can't wait to play that team, I saw chinks in their armor I've never seen, they genuinely look to have major major depth issues, which is why they crumbled at home in the 2nd half. We'll see who's laughing when Shady and company take them in deep water..

Oh excuse me.

They will give McCoy an extra 2.5 mil if he hits certain milestones.

Would've made a lot more sense to ACTUALLY use that 2.5 on MG and Woods 8 million towards the Watkins contract.... IMO.

You got caught deliberately obscuring facts again. Not my fault.

And yes for the millionth time I'd like to still have Watkins.

I cant believe people are losing so much sleep over gillislee... really like the guy. real nice backup. didn't do anything last night that was overly impressive. you don't think the pats could have found 10-15 other guys to fill that role? he had 3 td's from inside the 2. are we really losing our minds over that? why? we've got McCoy, and apparently enough confidence in the rest of the crew to let Williams walk after an impressive preseason. Tolbert could very easily do EXACTLY what td mike did last night. I don't get the uproar. its a waste of energy

I don't disagree with you, but I think one of the downsides to both losing MG and cutting Williams is that now McDermott is saying things like "every snap" for Shady. Is it smart to run him into the ground? I just don't think that is wise.

Edited by Ayjent

I was just saying that ScottLaw's take on Gillislee's tender being too low was accurate and that Milano who came from the low tender hasn't shown to make up for Gillislee's loss of talent. Milano hasn't shown much yet, and usually defensive players show flashes of ability pretty soon even in their rookie year. Not saying he won't improve, but to see him as a solid contributor seems like a longshot in my mind.

Got it now. Gillislee performed well last year, but his current salary is a lot for a backup RB for the Bills when Shady is the primary guy, and when the O line is best at run blocking (which I hope stays the same with the new scheme). K Williams did well behind this line, then we get some guy cut from several other teams in MG and he did fine. Based on that I think Banyard and Tolbert can handle backup and short yardage. I would have liked to see MG stay but can understand the reasoning.

I think going forward what will be interesting is where Beane and McD focus their cap dollars. At some point on QB obviously, but the other positions will be interesting.

How have you not accepted that the Bills are the laughing stock of the NFL? The comment wasn't accurate but I don't think it was meant to be, just a shot over the bow aimed at the our joke of a franchise. We all know how to fix the situation but the question is, will it EVER happen...

Check back Sunday night. We might get part of the answer to that. It looked like the patsies* believe their own hype machine.

The Bills are the laughingstock of the NFL. No one associated with the NFL has any respect for this organization nor do they deserve any.

I'd argue that. Based on other fans reactions, we are more of the pity case. I don't get people laughing when they see me in Bills gear. I get head shakes and shrugs.

Meh.

It's tough to get upset at "disrespect" when this franchise hasn't earned a shred of respect for themselves over the last 20 years.

The Gilmore signing has been praised all season, if the shoe was on the other foot and we signed Butler for a bunch of money only to see him get roasted, everyone will say how smart New England was for not paying him. It'll be that way until we force a change of the narrative through results. No use getting upset about it.

Meh.

It's tough to get upset at "disrespect" when this franchise hasn't earned a shred of respect for themselves over the last 20 years.

The Gilmore signing has been praised all season, if the shoe was on the other foot and we signed Butler for a bunch of money only to see him get roasted, everyone will say how smart New England was for not paying him. It'll be that way until we force a change of the narrative through results. No use getting upset about it.

Exactly. The last 17 years support Michaels's point. We get to be made once the Bills prove him wrong.

As an out-of-WNY person, my Bills fandom gets met with good-natured laughter and sympathy everywhere. It's OK but mostly sad.

Not as bad as when someone on MNF said it would be tough going to Buffalo in January for the playoffs considering the weather and like everyone in Buffalo had a hairy spaz over it.

The WNY crowd can be a bit prickly. Our tribalism is our strength, but sometimes a weakness too.

Dear lord. I love Buffalo and Bills fans but holy crap, some of you are so sensitive. We have the longest playoff drought in pro sports. People might poke fun at us.

The best part is that some of the people complaining about this just talk about how PC and sensitive the world has become.

How can you possibly get offended by the comment!? We are the laughing stock of the NFL (yes I know it hurts). But we've sucked for so long, and we are so ridiculously irrelevant. Even our recent changes are laughable or questionable at best. First time GM and Head Coach dumping young TALENTED players all over the league. Oh yea and this is after the tummy tuck Rex failed experiment!!!! - I love the Bills, always will... but dang they make it so hard.

Gillisille would've been making what? 2 mill this year at the 2nd round tender? We just gave McCoy 2 million for no reason.

The Bills didn't just give McCoy $2 million "for no reason." They added incentives to his contract. Which means if he produces enough to exceed those incentives, then he'll receive extra pay. But he has to earn it.

Look beyond your emotion and think for once.

How can you honestly say it is not far off base? The Pats have three Bills. Hogan, Gillislee and Gilmore. Hogan would be #3 or #4 at best, Gilislee is surely a backup to Shady, and then there is Gilmore who is better than our starters but may or may not be worth the money.

Hogan, Gilislee and Gilmore are better than Shady, Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Clay, Matthews, Tyrod, Hughes, Kyle, Dareus, Hyde, etc? Really? It was a gratuitous, ridiculous thing to say, and something beneath a decent guy like Michaels.

Gillie would be a backup and Hogan would be #4 because he sucks. I'm sick of hearing about that scrub. He is gone and I'm happy for it. He doesn't get separation and is a poor route runner. As for Gillmore, I'm not so sure he is better than what the Bills have due to scheme.

As for the comment, doesn't matter much. Sometimes you say thing and you regret it. He's on live TV and he has a low opinion of the Bills talent right now, most fans have a low opinion as well. Only time will tell and only wins will change that.

The Bills are working towards something finally, they have what looks to be a solid coaching staff, let's see what happens.

Well, if we're going to talk about last night Gillislee had 3 yards per carry and three TDs on short yardage runs that most backs could have scored on. Gilmore got burned a couple times. Hogan had one catch. And Branch was part of a D line that got lit up.

On our roster we have receivers like Joens and Holmes, we have Worth and Washington on the D line as backups, we have Tolbert and Banyard to make 1-2 yard runs, and a first round pick at CB for Gilmore. I think I'll see how they do before getting all hysterical about who is better and worse off.

There is no comparison between Tolbert and Banyard to Gillislee. Those two stink, look at there career stats. And Hogan would be a #1 receiver with the Bills now, Holmes is junk.