One thing I've noticed is Kyle rarely talk now. Could it be

Cherrybone

People have to stop thinking that they know more than the actual coaches front office. I think what happens in Buffalo is that we tend to cling to individual players heavily because that's all we've been able to be proud of....individual accomplishments. As far as I'm concerned, this is what SHOULD happen when a new coach takes over. I mean just think about it, were any of the players that the Bills traded or released the missing link to getting to the playoffs?? Probably not. Kyle is fine, he's a captain so I wouldn't look into it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really sure why you say Kyle rarely talks. He's given plenty of interviews already this offseason.

Here's another one from just the other day.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/williams-expects-overall-improvement-defense

"It really wasn't this big, agonizing decision. I always wanted to play," Williams said with Howard Simon and Jeremy White on WGR Thursday morning. "It was just the question mark of what our new direction was going to be and if [the team] wanted me to be a part of it. When I talked to Sean [McDermott], he was like, 'Yeah, we definitely want you to be part of it.' That's really as far as the conversation really went. I said, 'If you want me to play and you want me back, I'm definitely in to play.' So here we are: year number-12, getting ready to go."

Don't know if it was in here or reported but Kyle was at his grandmother's funeral the days that he was missing.

Also, Bills approached him about reworking his deal and he threatened to retire if they did. He wants a lot of money to stay after this year.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I posted this in the Kyle Williams thread but didn't want it to be buried. Mods, feel free to delete this if you think it needs to be.

Don't know if it was in here or reported but Kyle was at his grandmother's funeral the days that he was missing.

Also, Bills approached him about reworking his deal and he threatened to retire if they did. He wants a lot of money to stay after this year.

No problem and agreed

....ditto....but he'll be gone next year as far as wanting "lots of money to stay"......he'll be 35 in June 2018 and i'm not sure what he expects as "big money" on the open market, which will be nowhere near the $8.3 mil he gets in 2017 IMO....

I posted this in the Kyle Williams thread but didn't want it to be buried. Mods, feel free to delete this if you think it needs to be.

Hmmm .... so he's NOT really doing just for the nookie. Or because he loves the Bills. Or because he loves Buffalo.

But what about building a team and signability? :rolleyes:

Good inside info, thanks. I don't think Kyle likes the new regime at all. If we had let Tyrod go he certainly would not be here right now.

Doubtful. I just think he's tired of being short-changed. He's been underpaid his entire career because of his loyalty. That hasn't gotten him much. Meanwhile, the dope next to him who still acts like he's 15 years old and isn't nearly as good a player gets paid like an elite quarterback.

Edited by Wayne Arnold

But what about building a team and signability? :rolleyes:

Lol ... And I love how the guy gets almost mythical status on this board while Watkins is painted as some sort of misfit diva cancer that didn't fit in the plan. People and their preconceived notions. The fact is we know very little to jack squat about most of these players.

Lol ... And I love how the guy gets almost mythical status on this board while Watkins is painted as some sort of misfit diva cancer that didn't fit in the plan. People and their preconceived notions. The fact is we know very little to jack squat about most of these players.

Man, seriously. What kind of boat and what kind of drinks?!

Good inside info, thanks. I don't think Kyle likes the new regime at all. If we had let Tyrod go he certainly would not be here right now.

I'd certainly be frustrated in his position

Let me know the last time Kyle posted something like this...

CSWWX7tUwAA4E7Z.jpg-large.jpg

It's almost embarrassing to ask Kyle for a pay cut. Sure he's been paid well over the years. But the heroic effort and production and especially loyalty to the team and city and franchise should have the new regime kissing his feet not asking for money back.

It's a business. Teams and Players treat it that way.

It's all about the money. And you are correct - we don't know schit about these players. Furthermore, these players don't give a schit about anything other than their bank accounts. And that's okay by me.

It's almost embarrassing to ask Kyle for a pay cut. Sure he's been paid well over the years. But the heroic effort and production and especially loyalty to the team and city and franchise should have the new regime kissing his feet not asking for money back.

McBeane have proven they show no loyalty to holdovers.

You must have been one of those little job holders who were harassing him. :lol:

Lol. Exactly my thoughts but you beat me to it. Hypersensitive , woe is me victim mentality by some Bills fans. Probably offended by Al Michaels little comment the other night too. SW was just talking to a few losers that were harassing him personally. I think they deserved exactly what shade he threw back at them.

Man, seriously. What kind of boat and what kind of drinks?!

I'd certainly be frustrated in his position

....I'd bet his frustration is more with yet another regime change and the prognosis of perhaps two+ years before making the playoffs........the FO and Administration has been a patchwork mess since the Polian era and for Kyle's entire career.......ON PAPER, this one is potentially shaping up to be on par with Polian's gang, BUT it is on paper and how much longer does Williams realistically have at 34 (sure as hell wish I could REMEMBER 34...dammit) ?....

Doubtful. I just think he's tired of being short-changed. He's been underpaid his entire career because of his loyalty. That hasn't gotten him much. Meanwhile, the dope next to him who still acts like he's 15 years old and isn't nearly as good a player gets paid like an elite quarterback.

After Rex was fired there was a short interview with Kyle Williams where he said he wasn't sure if he'd be coming back, he specifically mentioned that if Tyrod wasn't coming back he wasn't sure he'd want to. It was a while ago so I doubt I'll find a link but I rememember it clearly.

:thumbsup:

It is. I'd say just release the guy in a cap move and let him go elsewhere for a year or so.

Let me know the last time Kyle posted something like this...

CSWWX7tUwAA4E7Z.jpg-large.jpg

Let me know the next time idiots go on his social media and harass him....And I for one loved those comments and found them hilarious. Still do Edited by Boatdrinks

This is where McDermott will change the thinking. You don't overpay aging players for "loyalty." This is the NFL. You give loyalty because the team gives you millions of dollars every year. We shouldn't need to rely on feel good stories like Fred Jackson to carry us through the season, smart cap management and firm negotiations will lead to wins.

He never played for free. He's still here because of $. And solely because of $.

That's just not true. He never went to free agency. He likely could have got more money elsewhere. Plus you're dead wrong. It's not just about money. It's about money and winning and franchise and coaches and city and family and teammates and every player has a different hierarchy of those things, and a players own hierarchy of those things change over time.

This is where McDermott will change the thinking. You don't overpay aging players for "loyalty." This is the NFL. You give loyalty because the team gives you millions of dollars every year. We shouldn't need to rely on feel good stories like Fred Jackson to carry us through the season, smart cap management and firm negotiations will lead to wins.

So why did they pay Wood?

If I had to guess what will end up happening is that they will make the evaluation at the end of the season and/or off-season and determine if he's still playing at a quality level and if so, they'll pay him his due.

He's part of the culture building they are trying to instill and even though he isn't part of their long term plans he is valuable not just for his quality of play but for what McD has been preaching