QB Joe Webb (update: now signed)

ST: not really.

WR: no.

QB: really no.

well somebody has to PS these bastards. Webb is a s good as poke in the eye for now.

Bills go with two or 3 qbs this season?

it's still a total mystery how Ducasse survived the cut.

Waive him, bring him back after the opener and pay him the minimum if you like him.

This one is a mystery even the greatest apologist doesn't have a reasonable theory on.

doesn't he have a 3 year deal?

and you are correct. Not anyone even remotely sane can splain this one. Not even JfH

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I 2nd this, another QB who can't audible and can't read a defense. I'm stoked.

I do find it rather amazing that Webb manages to keep getting jobs. Career 66.6 QBR. And that's not counting a truly abysmal playoff start. Thad Lewis, currently kicking around without a job, has an 81.4 career rating. Christian Ponder has a 75.9 career QBR. This is not to say that guys like Ponder and Lewis are good QBs - they are the definition of replacement level/freely available talent. TJ Yates too (72.8). But they are somehow still considerably better than the almost 31 year old Joe Webb. For years Bill Simmons had a shtick about the Jack Trudeau Line - a kind of Mendoza Line for QBs; the lowest level of performance that can still somehow get a guy a job as a backup every year. Trudeau's career ended in 1995 - he had a 63.3 career QB rating, which is probably equivalent to about 73 in today's NFL. So it's now the Joe Webb Line, except I think Joe Webb is below his own line.

According to John Murphy and Donald Jones, Webb is a do it all player that can punt, return kicks, play WR, slide down and play some NT, be a cover corner, kick field goals, long snap, you name it.

What's not known is that he has an amazing crossover ankle breaking dribble, can hit and throw the curve, and is excellent on breakout transition passes right on the tape as well as on the powerplay.

Because no team keeps 4 QB's on their roster.

The Jest did last year but they do not count, right?

As soon as he passes that concussion test, Yates is gone. If they cut him now, they have to reach an injury settlement. If they wait until he's healthy, see ya guy.

Pretty sure that can be faked easier than Planters Fakeitis.

they are suggesting Kaepernick be our 3rd string/special teamer? i can't decide if these people in the media are completely incompetent or if they just like putting things out there to get reactions out of people

Clearly to get reactions. The Kap/Webb comparison is obviously invalid. As the article points out, Webb has thrown a pass in nearly 6 years and he wasn't signed by the Bills to throw passes either.