QB Joe Webb (update: now signed)

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As soon as he passes that concussion test, Yates is gone. If they cut him now, they have to reach an injury settlement. If they wait until he's healthy, see ya guy.

Agreed. They're going to have to pay Webb for the whole season either way because of his veteran status so it makes sense to cut bait with Yates. As for Taylor, I doubt anyone is looking to deal a significant pick for a QB at this point so he gets to stay for the season.

Joe Webb is likely the worst QB I have ever seen, including Vince Ferragamo, Bruce Mathison, Joe Dufek, Brian McClure, and Billy Joe Hobert. He can't hit the broad side of a barn.

The playoff game Webb started was the most pathetic thing I have ever seen a playoff team do. The Vikings would have been better off direct snapping it to AP every play with an extra fullback instead of having a QB. I really hope the only plan for this guy is STs

So, he's not being signed to play QB?

In emergencies. A lot of people int the Panthers organization believed Webb was the better backup then Anderson.

Not only that he can play special teams and wide reciever.

He opens up a spot, and if need be could play qb. A lit of teams don't even carry three qb's. If you're going to, it makes perfect sense to get a utility knife guy like Webb.

Does anyone confused with this pickup really believe Yates was going to win a game if it came down to him?

At least Webb can be utilized in other ways. Yates was literally a body.

there only 3 former Panthers out of 53, right? They have as many former Ravens

We have former Panthers DC for a coach, an executive at GM, we have some former players, sure there are some former Panthers scouts here, released other former players, tried to sign other former players, and have seen some of the same questionable tactics they have employed there. Now if we could just find a way to land Cam, Luke, and couple others.