QB Joe Webb (update: now signed)

An interesting possibility to be sure. My only question, since I haven't followed his career that closely, is in regard to his familiarity to the WCO and Rick Dennison in particular. That is admittedly the primary reason that TJ Yates is here. Granted, Webb is probably the better QB, but if he's totally unfamiliar with Dennison's offense there will be a learning curve during which his usefulness to the Bills would be limited. When it comes to backup QBs, you need them when you need them, not when they're ready. The Bills might have to decide if they're willing to risk going into the season with only one QB who is actually ready to step on the field (and a rookie at that) should their starter go down.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Colt was the last member of the 2016 secondary- it seemed inevitable he'd find a way off the roster

Has he even played this pre-season?

Nope they are at their 53.

They're not going to keep 4 QB's. They're probably waiting to see if Yates leaves the concussion protocol, after which point they can waive him. Otherwise they'll give him an injury settlement.

Has he even played this pre-season?

They're not going to keep 4 QB's. They're probably waiting to see if Yates leaves the concussion protocol, after which point they can waive him. Otherwise they'll give him an injury settlement.

And sign who. And you know they wont keep 4QBs how again?

And sign who. And you know they wont keep 4QBs how again?

Because no team keeps 4 QB's on their roster. But if you'd like to make a bet...

Might be a "wink and nod" agreement with Anderson. Told him once they get Yates situation handled they will bring him back. Happens a lot.

Could be. But doubtful.

Or once they Deal TT for pick they will bring him back

I doubt anyone wants to deal for TT.

Nope they are at their 53.

As soon as he passes that concussion test, Yates is gone. If they cut him now, they have to reach an injury settlement. If they wait until he's healthy, see ya guy.