Has the front office set a record....

Bronxbomber21

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't you in the least bit intrigued with what is going on?

Hey, I love the Bills and used to be the biggest homer. I hate preseason but those were awful football games. I felt like we are going to the Jauron era. I feel the only think we were missing was a legit qb and a coach not named Rex.

I think people are putting a lot of trust into first timers because they are "well spoken." You don't just stumbled into players like Sammy. We just created more holes and are worse for it.

But I really want to be right. So sick of being irrelevant and after 2014, it seemed like we were almost there.

This is what a tank looks like. Small fire at first then the barn is ablaze.

The Clay trade look as as bad as the Watkins trade.

Why ttrade your #3 corner for a returner?

A 7th rd pick is worth Zero.

what makes you think he was the #3 corner. He wasnt playing with the 1's or 2's in preseason very much

I'm starting to think they are trying to get every player Whaley drafted off the roster as fast as they can so that in two years if they aren't performing well they can make a stronger case for blaming it on the previous regime.

That's 5 Whaley players traded this off-season all under the age of 24, all playing on rookie contracts, three of which were starting last year and one that we just used 3 picks to draft only one year ago.. (And it was almost 6 players because it seems like they were trying to move on from Miller too except that Ducasse has been terrible)

If we were getting rid of players in their 30s or players with bloated contracts I'd completely understand it, but I don't understand building for the future by getting rid of all of the 22, 23, 24 year old talent on the team.

I totally agree, plus if the bills had to change coaches why not at least find one that ran a 3-4 system. No lie I think in the last 8 years...

2009- 4-3 under Perry Fewell

2010- 3-4 under George Edwards

2011- 3-4 under George Edwards

2012- 4-3 under Dave Wannstedt

2013- 3-4 under Mike Pettine

2014- 4-3 under Jim Schwartz

2015- 3-4 under Rex Ryan

2016- 3-4 under Rex Ryan

2017- 4-3 under Sean McDermott

Hey, I love the Bills and used to be the biggest homer. I hate preseason but those were awful football games. I felt like we are going to the Jauron era. I feel the only think we were missing was a legit qb and a coach not named Rex.

I think people are putting a lot of trust into first timers because they are "well spoken." You don't just stumbled into players like Sammy. We just created more holes and are worse for it.

But I really want to be right. So sick of being irrelevant and after 2014, it seemed like we were almost there.

I get some of what you are saying but I just don't get why anyone would be so down on a new regime coming in and wanting their own people throughout the organization....on and off the field.

It seems as if so many here are basically shitting all over Beane and McDermott before even giving this a chance.

When Carroll took over the Seahawks they literally had over 100 player transactions in his first year on the job.

They took the roster, shook it, shook it some more....and contunued to shake the **** out of it unTil they built a Super Bowl Champion.

You'd think Beane and McDermott were breaking up the early 90's Bills with some fans reactions,

Carroll situation was much different.........he was a respected coach.......a dynasty builder in college and two time NFL HC with playoff experience........and perhaps most importantly he had just come out of the college ranks and was ultra-familiar with the incoming talent.

Much of the talent they *found* in their turnaround were players Carroll recruited or played/gameplanned against.

The longer he's been in the league, the more those amazing draft returns have diminished.

McDermott is just another nobody DC with no HC experience trying to build a roster of players who will buy-in despite the fact that he hasn't earned their trust/respect.

It's not proving easy and the staggering amount of young vets he's had to dump is rightfully concerning because those 23-25 year olds are typically your core veterans players 2 years from now.

Yeah, I'm mostly watching CFB and tennis today. I wonder if we are on par with the rest of the league in the last few weeks/days/hours?

NE, CLE, SEA, KC all have multiple trades this offseason to name a few

Add Rams and San Fran too

But he did exchange 2 first rounders for Sammy when he could have kept the first rounder and got OBJ or Kelvin Benjamin or Mike Evans.

Thanks for the reminder

Yeah, those guys would be the same players playing with Tyrod, EJ, and Orton instead of qbs drafted 1 overall.

And simple economics, it's a sunk cost at this point. We traded a 24 year old who had similar numbers to Julio through 3 years.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Agree here. I think they're looking for a certain attitude, and feel they can instill that attitude better with picking "their own" people.

with the whole "buying in" philosophy, i don't think it is just lip service or a catchy phrase. i think these guys (mcbeane and staff) really want to get a core of guys with not just the talent, but the determination, dedication, drive, and desire to work together to achieve a common goal. i understand that you need talent to win. but i also believe that a collective group that is willing to give everything they have for one another could be an amazing thing.

Yeah, those guys would be the same players playing with Tyrod, EJ, and Orton instead of qbs drafted 1 overall.

Did anyone see me say That?

However, it wouldn't be a stretch to say that if Whaley had stayed put and chose any of those 3 WRs and kept the first rounder that the team would have been much better off.

It was one of Whaleys worst decisions and likely contributed to him no longer being the GM

Edited by Magox

Sadly, we will never know what would have happened had he been allowed to pick his own coach. I didn't hate Whaley, in fact thought he had a good eye for talent, but he always had to compromise with a HC (including in the draft room). A lot of this was handled less than ideally, but I'll just keep looking forward. At least now we have people who seem firmly tied together and on the same page - so we know who to credit and who to blame.

Sadly? The only thing sad is how horrible he was at evaluating talent and drafting

Could have used the guy who was on the same pace through 3 years as Julio Jones.

Stop with the crusade already. Sammy his gone, he is a Ram go follow the rams.

Hah!

With the exception of Watkins and Gilmore, the core players are still here from these awesome teams with "top 10" and "top 5" defense and offense, respectively.

For a team that's sucked for so long, it's incomprehensible the Beane and McDermott criticism for actually being proactive and building.

Again, may not work, but at least it's a a semblance of a plan.

Smh.

Aaron Williams,Bradham , Grahm , Robey , Mario , Sammy,Woods,Gimore etc .

Our D took a hit, but some moves were necessary, some very overrated players I listed. Maybe McD knows what he's doing and we are contending this year. We have to much talent to tank.

Still a beast DL

I think Preston and Tre White can be pro bowl material, Upgraded at both S positions, I think this D Will be a surprisingly great unit.

When Carroll took over the Seahawks they literally had over 100 player transactions in his first year on the job.

They took the roster, shook it, shook it some more....and contunued to shake the **** out of it unTil they built a Super Bowl Champion.

You'd think Beane and McDermott were breaking up the early 90's Bills with some fans reactions,

If they draft like SEA did to get their current roster, great. I do not see that happening with these guys.

If they draft like SEA did to get their current roster, great. I do not see that happening with these guys.

You don't see it happening based on not a thing.

Am I right?

Again, maybe it will work and maybe it won't. Not one of us knows here. I can't believe more people aren't a little intrigued. This certainly isn't the same ol' same ol'.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Sadly? The only thing sad is how horrible he was at evaluating talent and drafting

Sadly, you stopped reading or couldn't comprehend anything after the first word. Typical. WE WILL NEVER KNOW what might have been. THAT is a fact. How much of those draft choices is Whaley? How much power does Rex have? Who wanted what? We will never know.... THAT is the point.

You don't see it happening based on not a thing.

Am I right?

Based on that they have zero track record. None. It would be a bit more understandable to strip things down to square one and go totally to the draft if you had say, a Bill Polian. It's not absurd to guess that this duo is unlikely to equal one of the two or three best drafting efforts since the late '80s.

I don't understand this Whaley vs Beane debate. It's possible to dislike them both.

This new staff has not earned the benefit of the doubt. The Watkins trade is ridiculous, and defending it requires a ton of mental gymnastics. In it's simplest form, you'd rather have Watkins than EJ Gaines. If you're hyped on the 2nd round pick... how's that worked out for us lately?

..Comedy Central boyz 'n girlz....Whaley churned the roster 24/7 looking for ways to improve (will never know if he directed or WAS directed)....his archaic predecessors hibernated from November to April and over slept the alarm clock.....Whaley is out.....the new gang goes back to churning the roster 24/7 to optimize it for a competitive team, yet they are woefully suspect as "rooks"......churn or hibernate?....and of course personnel assessments are an exact science according to the many "scientists" here but not yet NFL hires which remains baffling....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Based on that they have zero track record. None. It would be a bit more understandable to strip things down to square one and go totally to the draft if you had say, a Bill Polian. It's not absurd to guess that this duo is unlikely to equal one of the two or three best drafting efforts since the late '80s.

I give.

You win.

Carry on.

This is what a tank looks like. Small fire at first then the barn is ablaze.

The Clay trade look as as bad as the Watkins trade.

Why ttrade your #3 corner for a returner?

A 7th rd pick is worth Zero.

Why would it be assumed he was the slot corner?? I think he was at risk of being cut and flipped him for a wr speed no big deal from me.

Who cares. Let's get this season started. Stop the I'm right your wrong I know more than you crap.

It seams to be what this thread has turned into.

(Pssssst, you might want to avoid irritating potential meadcoin purchasers...)

Edited by Augie

I'm starting to think they are trying to get every player Whaley drafted off the roster as fast as they can so that in two years if they aren't performing well they can make a stronger case for blaming it on the previous regime.

That's 5 Whaley players traded this off-season all under the age of 24, all playing on rookie contracts, three of which were starting last year and one that we just used 3 picks to draft only one year ago.. (And it was almost 6 players because it seems like they were trying to move on from Miller too except that Ducasse has been terrible)

If we were getting rid of players in their 30s or players with bloated contracts I'd completely understand it, but I don't understand building for the future by getting rid of all of the 22, 23, 24 year old talent on the team.

One time I say unleash Jerry Sullivan on them. "With so few players remaining from last season, how can you say you're not getting rid of players brought in by the prior regime?"

with the whole "buying in" philosophy, i don't think it is just lip service or a catchy phrase. i think these guys (mcbeane and staff) really want to get a core of guys with not just the talent, but the determination, dedication, drive, and desire to work together to achieve a common goal. i understand that you need talent to win. but i also believe that a collective group that is willing to give everything they have for one another could be an amazing thing.

+1. They (McBean) I feel, realize they need to change a losing culture here that's been entrenched for 17 yrs. In NFL football terms, that's equal to about

40 yrs in real time. Perhaps they feel, that the best way to uproot a deeply entrenched losing culture is by drafting a bunch of (2018) young, hungry, rather raw

players that they can shape, mold, and influence to start, just start, to change the culture. But until we start beating teams "we're not supposed to beat", the

culture will remain. Just my opinion.