Looks Like DeShone Kizer is Going to Be the Browns Starter

Jeff the Magic Man was right and (so was Gunner) not with his fanaticism for the Mahome cause but that the draft provided us with an opportunity to draft a legitimate franchise qb prospect in Watson or Mahomes. What's more insidious and destructive than under-analyzing is over-analyzing prospects to the point of paralysis. This franchise has had its opportunities to address the position but as usual froze waiting for next year's opportunities

My belief is that there are few opportunities to get a savior qb prospect but there are enough opportunities to get a good quality franchise qb prospect. Dithering is not a solution; dithering is the problem. When you make perfect be the enemy of doing good you are not acting smartly.

Actually, regardless of the success of Watson I do not think Watson he would be as successful here like he is in Houston. They have alot of weapons and a good defense. They were a playoff team the last 3 years without a QB.

Taylor is a stop gap. With the draft picks and possible cap space I think Buffalo will be better suited for a QB change next year. Get more weapons and an overall better understanding of the system that is going to be running.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, regardless of the success of Watson I do not think Watson he would be as successful here like he is in Houston. They have alot of weapons and a good defense. They were a playoff team the last 3 years without a QB.

Taylor is a stop gap. With the draft picks and possible cap space I think Buffalo will be better suited for a QB change next year. Get more weapons and an overall better understanding of the system that is going to be running.

I don't understand you reasoning. Any player at any position is more likely to perform better on a good team compared to a bad team. Why would you pass on a franchise qb for a lesser team that is a lesser team because it doesn't have a franchise qb? Getting a young qb on the roster doesn't take away from the process of adding more talent to the roster.

Wow. I admit I wanted Hue back in 2015..... but he is an absolute disaster zone at the moment!

I had zero interest in Hue as a HC. He's a fine OC--very good actually. His stint as HC with Oakland convinced me that he was hard-headed and generally lacked direction as a leader.

The Browns' organization is really a mess. They don't have a GM, they don't have a QB, and they lack any semblance of an offensive identity. They're basically a team with a HOF LT, a few decent athletes on offense (Johnson and Coleman), and 2 defensive cornerstones in Garrett and Collins.

Jeff the Magic Man was right and (so was Gunner) not with his fanaticism for the Mahome cause but that the draft provided us with an opportunity to draft a legitimate franchise qb prospect in Watson or Mahomes. What's more insidious and destructive than under-analyzing is over-analyzing prospects to the point of paralysis. This franchise has had its opportunities to address the position but as usual froze waiting for next year's opportunities

My belief is that there are few opportunities to get a savior qb prospect but there are enough opportunities to get a good quality franchise qb prospect. Dithering is not a solution; dithering is the problem. When you make perfect be the enemy of doing good you are not acting smartly.

The Bills did not have to trade up for Mahomes or Watson , I hope McD knows what he is doing on QBs.

If either one becomes a franchise QB , oh well :wallbash:

I don't understand you reasoning. Any player at any position is more likely to perform better on a good team compared to a bad team. Why would you pass on a franchise qb for a lesser team that is a lesser team because it doesn't have a franchise qb? Getting a young qb on the roster doesn't take away from the process of adding more talent to the roster.

Quarterback is not like any other position. Literally, Houston is and was a competent Qb away from being very good. Watson wouldnt beat out Taylor here , The offensive weapons are not that good right now. A rookie QB without reliable weapons would be a disaster.

2017 Buffalo Bills White was the right guy so far. They have ammo to add whoever they want next year. They have the cap space and draft capital to also build a team however they choose to.

I had zero interest in Hue as a HC. He's a fine OC--very good actually. His stint as HC with Oakland convinced me that he was hard-headed and generally lacked direction as a leader.

The Browns' organization is really a mess. They don't have a GM, they don't have a QB, and they lack any semblance of an offensive identity. They're basically a team with a HOF LT, a few decent athletes on offense (Johnson and Coleman), and 2 defensive cornerstones in Garrett and Collins.

Honest question, would you trade the Bills roster (contracts and all) straight up for the Browns roster?

@RapSheet

The #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png are going back to their original starter. They name rookie DeShone Kizer as their QB going forward.

This is poor form for the Hue Jackson and the Browns, IMO. If you name the rookie your starter in the preseason, and expect to have a losing season anyway, you let that rookie play it through. Then make a decision on Kizer's future after the season perhaps. I don't know what purpose benching Kizer and starting Hogan served. Bad move.

Sad thing is that Kizer is in a terrible situation to develop. That team is just awful. It's like watching Rutgers. And they look worse every week.

The offense is putrid but I think the defense is worse. Gregggg is playing safeties so far back they aren't visible on the screen.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This is poor form for the Hue Jackson and the Browns, IMO. If you name the rookie your starter in the preseason, and expect to have a losing season anyway, you let that rookie play it through. Then make a decision on Kizer's future after the season perhaps. I don't know what purpose benching Kizer and starting Hogan served. Bad move.

Didn't make any sense at all. Factory of sadness indeed.

That is what happens when you can't win a game.

I am sure Hue expected Cleveland would have won a game or two.

Hue probably feels like a complete idiot and could be worried he might be fired at any point just because it is hard to get a team to suck that bad.

Kessler is alive!

@adamschefter

Browns QB Kevin Hogan, who started last week, now down to 3rd-string and Cody Kessler promoted to 2nd-string, per @FieldYates and me.

That is what happens when you can't win a game.

I am sure Hue expected Cleveland would have won a game or two.

Hue probably feels like a complete idiot and could be worried he might be fired at any point just because it is hard to get a team to suck that bad.

yep he was desperate. He's 1-21. I predict he's shown the door after the London game.

yep he was desperate. He's 1-21. I predict he's shown the door after the London game.

I am struggling to find a coach who has coached as many games as he has that has a worse record. I think this is a new one. :sick:

Thank god it wasn't for the Bills.

Well he is a heck of an Offensive Co Ordinator. Kizer was not the issue for the team. He throws a good ball. He has made some poor decisions expected of a rookie qb. The offense has struggled tremendously in the redzone. As a coach if you cant clean that up during the week that is on you. Their best offensive player is johnson but they are committed to Crowell and 3 yard, 3 yard loss pass punt.

Well he is a heck of an Offensive Co Ordinator. Kizer was not the issue for the team. He throws a good ball. He has made some poor decisions expected of a rookie qb. The offense has struggled tremendously in the redzone. As a coach if you cant clean that up during the week that is on you. Their best offensive player is johnson but they are committed to Crowell and 3 yard, 3 yard loss pass punt.

their willful ignorance on Duke Johnson is criminal.

Aaand started, then benched again. He was also out at a bar until 1am today

@marykaycabot

#Browns Kizer on being out Friday night late: "I was out. I was at the facility the next day. I'm not here to talk about my personal life"

#deshonefootball #moneysign

Edited by YoloinOhio

Aaand started, then benched again. He was also out at a bar until 1am today

@marykaycabot

#Browns Kizer on being out Friday night late: "I was out. I was at the facility the next day. I'm not here to talk about my personal life"

#deshonefootball #moneysign

Was he benched for Kessler then?

@Browns

Hue Jackson names DeShone Kizer starting QB for Week 8

DM_HWoGV4AEOHS2.jpg

9:13 AM - 25 Oct 2017

I dont know what the hell Hue is doing besides trying to get himself fired in addition to ruin any slim chance Kizer still has at ever becoming a legitimate NFL QB. Either sit him or start him, stop playing yo yo. He reminded me of EJ coming out, and now he is getting the EJ treatment.

I dont know what the hell Hue is doing besides trying to get himself fired in addition to ruin any slim chance Kizer still has at ever becoming a legitimate NFL QB. Either sit him or start him, stop playing yo yo. He reminded me of EJ coming out, and now he is getting the EJ treatment.

When you only have 1 win in like 30 games you'll literally do anything to get another.

He's been put in an impossible situation and is trying to grasp at straws to figure out how to save his job.

Lets not act like we would do any different...he is a human being not some robot.

Edited by matter2003

This is way worse than anything EJ ever experienced. EJ got 4 games of declining play and a near locker room mutiny until he got yanked once.

This back and forth is just awful.

Watching the Browns vs Vikings this morning has shown me that Kizer has a worse receiving group than we do to work with. That in itself says a lot. There have been at least 5 drops I have counted on catchable passes today. Some of them for what would have been substantial gains. The Browns are DEFINITELY lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball.

Watching the Browns vs Vikings this morning has shown me that Kizer has a worse receiving group than we do to work with. That in itself says a lot. There have been at least 5 drops I have counted on catchable passes today. Some of them for what would have been substantial gains. The Browns are DEFINITELY lacking talent on the offensive side of the ball.

they are brutal.

@CBSSports

Yeah, but one of these years tho...

DM6LhODVQAACBzr.jpg

They also passed on Trubisky, who may also end up a special QB.

The 1st responsibility of any GM is to get a good to franchise QB. This is especially true if you have 2 straight years with top 2 picks and other 1st round picks and wait until the 2nd & 3rd rounds to draft QBs when top guys are staring you in the face. It looks like the decision makers in Cleveland went to the Buddy Nix school of management: when a quality QB is available, pass on him & hope for the best.