Looks Like DeShone Kizer is Going to Be the Browns Starter

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched that game, too, and what struck me is how the offense seemed to simply play better when Kizer came in the game. They were essentially the same players (first team) as played with Osweiler, but they actually made some plays. Kizer's just a baby who makes mistakes, but he could be something special if he progresses which would be ironic after the Browns wasted so many first round picks on "franchise QBs" who busted in the last 20 years ... Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel.

I watched that game, too, and what struck me is how the offense seemed to simply play better when Kizer came in the game. They were essentially the same players (first team) as played with Osweiler, but they actually made some plays. Kizer's just a baby who makes mistakes, but he could be something special if he progresses which would be ironic after the Browns wasted so many first round picks on "franchise QBs" who busted in the last 20 years ... Tim Couch, Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, Johnny Manziel.

Yes they had a ton of misses. Will suck if they fix it though before Bills

+1.

Ideal situation would be the Browns getting the number 1 pick and Kizer having shown signs of being the guy. Then they would feel comfortable trading down with a team that could give them a bunch of picks...

No, the ideal situation is the Chiefs bomb out the season and we earn the number 1 overall pick that we can then use on a QB and keep the rest of our picks to address other needs.

I'd let him start as well. Brock sucks, Kessler can be the steady keep it ticking guy if Kizer falls flat on his face.

While I have a lot to be convinced on Kizer's accuracy - in terms of reading the field and making decisions Kizer was ahead of the other 3 of the top 4 2017 guys. Neck up he was asked to do the most at the college level and therefore was the most ready in those facets.

I had a couch jersey, i wont lie.

Freaking loved that guy.

tzX1Kke.jpg

Osweiler sucks. He is so innaccurate.

Hue Jackson is still doing those complicated motions, like that was the big problem with the Browns. They didn't put the QB out at flanker enough and then bring him under center. WTF.

Kizer has trouble with one player reads and will get killed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns fire everyone again.

We want Kizer to do well enough to keep the job but bad enough that the Browns are the worst team and a possible trade partner for us to move up!

Kizer still has a lot of development to do, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Browns are not deterred from selecting a QB in the 1st round in the '18 draft.

I think Kizer has no long term future in the NFL. But hey if he shows a little something his rookie year I could see the Browns feeling comfortable trading down and selecting another QB in the 2nd or something like that. I bet there will be at least 2 teams in the top 4 who have no intention of selecting a QB.

Disagree draft picks mean everything to rebuilding teams.

And by used correctly, you mean get lucky?

This whole notion of how to use a draft pick correctly is nonsense. No one has any idea of what players are going to turn out. it's a shot in the dark routinely.

Plus they will have zero money spent for a few years, so they will be able to hand out massive FA deals on a 2-3 year basis.

They have done some amazing things in Cleveland.

if Kizer pans out I could see the browns being a playoff team as early as this year.

The draft is not total luck.

Look at the statistics and you will see a clear correlation between how early players are chosen, and how successful they are in the NFL. In other words, you will find that the vast majority of successful players are drafted in the first 3 rounds. The majority of Pro Bowlers and eventual Hall of Fame players come in the top half of the first round. The vast majority of guys drafted 4th Round and later will flame out. Most undrafted players will not even make an NFL roster.

This tells me that scouts, GMs and draft experts have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

Is it an exact science? Of course not. There will always be great 1st Round prospects that bust. There will always be late round picks like Tom Brady that turn into greats. But saying the draft is just total luck, just isn't true.

I like what they are doing in Cleveland. There's a lot of talent on that roster it's just young. I said it the other day but I'd trade the Bills roster for the Browns all day. They have a really good OL, a few stud pass rushers, young stud WR and TE, a good RB, and a young QB with a chance. Additionally they have a bunch more draft picks to use. If Kizer is the guy they are on their way. They will be able to use their picks on a stud CB, another LB and one more weapon.

I think this is very far off but I guess we'll see. I thought they wasted their picks last year. Peppers and Kizer don't seem like NFL players to me but you never know.